1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2018.

1. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Doesn't make up for 41-38 but thanks Frank Reich!

Jake Tower likes this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Houston's defense is notorious under Crennel for picking up after the first 4-5 games of the season.

I hope the trend will continue.

Uprising and Red.Glare like this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

arkoe likes this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Love Tyrann. Such a straight G. No bullshit with him.

red5rocket and macho GRANDE like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Team needs to resign him.

Leaders like that are important. I would have resigned him the day after the ass chewing he gave KJo on the bench if I had the chance.

gatsby, noscrusir, red5rocket and 4 others like this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Yea... I would wait to see how the season plays out. He had a lot of mistakes and below are only the plays on the highlight video....

He missed a tackle on the big play to Hilton early on. He was late getting over to help on the first TD by Indy. 3rd quarter the running back beat him and caught a TD in the endzone. He missed a tackle on a first down catch by Rogers in the 4th quarter. Two minutes later he was unable to tackle Rogers before getting the first down again. Then on the blown coverage play he ran over but was late trying to cover Ebron which was a touchdown. I'm not sure if that was his man or Cunningham's. He got beat on the game tying td by the RB again because he ran to double team someone else and left the RB wide open and could not get back in time.

Being a "leader" and straight talker is great, but he didn't exactly light it up on the field.

8. conquistador#11

I can't find the highlights video but I think Zeeshan posted it. It shows why the missile screen doesn't work for us. On one of them, the receiver that's supposed to block stands there like he's setting a pick for Manu. On the other screen, our TE waits for the defender with open arms, like a sailor returning to his gf after ww2.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Because even if we win despite of him, we are not gonna get far into playoffs with him leading us. Our team needs to improve our weakness via high draft picks, and getting into playoffs just to get exposed for being a shtty team does nothing except make some fans happy.

Celebrating that we limped into playoffs in spite of an incompetent HC isn't something to celebrate about, if we just gonna get bounced right away. I rather we tank to improve our team and get the HC fired.

10. Buck Turgidson

esketit likes this.
  11. esketit

esketit Member

can someone please reassure me we will beat the cowboys? i cant do four more years

desihooper likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Simple averages and rankings aren't that helpful. The Texans offense definitely isn't "really" averaging 24 points a game. The team scored 20, 17, 22 and 37. But this week's 37 included a defensive touchdown. So for one at it's simplest, the average is wrong, as it includes a defensive touchdown. The better average is 22.25. But even that's too high. As they were given another very short yardage situation, and the last field goal, while possible because of that one last offensive play, was also effectively a gift.

They are like 5th in yard/game, but their middle of the pack in time of possession, and 18th in 3rd down conversion %.

Not sure what it all means... except they aren't finishing drives and scoring as much as they should be.

#1153 JayZ750, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  14. magichat281

magichat281 Member

last week we were at home thees a reason why we are favored and they have a better record in their house. You see that Vegas Setup everyone was riding indy. I been gambling for over 20 years bro. i see this game a mile away. why would a better record team at home be an under dog? Too easy to bet. Vegas killing them rookie bettors

HstnSprtsFan101 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bill O'Brien did his best to lose the game, but Indy tried to lose the game harder.

16. Buck Turgidson

Glad he got those 2 "preseason" games in so he could knock the rust off for week 4.

17. magichat281

magichat281 Member

hahaha so you think game wasnt setup? its all about the money. who would try go for fourth down near mid field in ot?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Someone who thought a small shot at winning was better than ensuring no worse than a tie.