1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

[​IMG]

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. basketballholic

May not get done at all ever. I've previously stated that by the trade deadline I expect one of Winslow, Oubre, Kawhi, or Butler will be a Rocket. I'm comfortable with that. And second to that I've stated we won't be trading PJ for any of them. I don't see any reason to change on that either.

esketit and BigShasta like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

of course players dont want to go where the refs will screw them..

they want to go where even the rookie will get benefit of the call over THE FRIGGIN MVP!

#3644 hakeem94, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  5. basketballholic

I don't use the other one. I made a bet regarding the 2012 election and regarding using it and I lost the bet. It's not even a burner account. I don't even know if I can still log into it.

But....I'm sure there have been players that have reported different accounts as burner accounts. And nothing has happened. So that should answer your question. Why not just report all the accounts that you think are burner accounts and see what happens if you haven't already? ;)

Let's talk Rockets ball, k?

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Smh, he acquired Harden. He built a contender without ever having to tank or having a top 10 pick. OKC? Lmao, great moves? They lost 2 MVPs in KD and Harden, wtf have they done? Weren’t they about to have the largest tax bill in NBA history for a 1st round exit caliber squad before dropping Melo? Morey is a top 5 GM in this league easy. If he was on the open market, teams would be lining up to get him, but yeah, he’s average...

guys with “melo” in their username always talking crazy...

Y2JT, everyday eddie, s3ts and 4 others like this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Kawhi was different and Toronto didn't screw around, they overpaid compared to their competition to lock in the trade because they were afraid of Boston. Kyrie could have fried them and they knew the Spurs FO. Taylor can act without firing Thibs and the reason he hasn't done it right now is Thibs is paid and this season is lost. He'll wait for the end of the season to salvage something when he has the proper time to clear out the front office, hire a real GM and then coach. I am not saying the Rockets get Butler as I still think we're beat but I don't believe the Toronto or other great offers anymore. This has been too active and teams have been in too much jeopardy of losing out with the clown circus going. I truly think if Thibs wasn't involved we would be toast. Them turning this into a circus has made all teams recoil on offers because they have such a good barometer at what is being offered, requested, and not taken. The same scenario about not accepting the Rockets offer applies to Toronto, Miami, and everyone else. All have found something silly about the counter offers and haven't moved further. Minnesota will flinch it's just a question of whom they prefer. I still maintain if they got the Clippers, Heat, and Toronto at the start and been serious about trading him with a real GM this would have happened at pretty good value like Kawhi.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You are reaching big time. Nobody and I mean nobody is acting like PJ is a Superstar. And didn't we win 60+ wins last season. So that along should tell you we're not missing out on ****. The team has gotten better and this season could be that championship year.

Lawlruschang and DonKnock like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Presti is soo good for drafting 3 stars in top 4 after tanking 3 years :rolleyes:

And yeah, he's so good he lost the best two of them...wow, so godlike :rolleyes:

Almost the same you can say about Myers, and he had West taking the big decisions for him.

#3649 Vivi, Oct 1, 2018
    s3ts, clutchdabear, topfive and 3 others like this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

Yes they do. This isn't the east anymore. If Lebron doesn't start fast, chances are they won't catch up

everyday eddie and clutchdabear like this.
  11. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

But we were so close in that Cousins bidding war!

12. j@amc

j@amc Member

I would add that GS's meteoric rise has had almost nothing to do with their front office (coaches or GMs). Steph Curry was invited to be on the Olympic team because in 2006 our national team had been embarrassed by not having enough perimeter shooting. And in that setting, Curry realized that he could be one of the world's greatest. GS then took off as their players began to push each other to be great (particularly Thompson and Draymond Green). . . I would only add that NBA scouts didn't think Green 's game would translate, and they thought Curry was too small. These were big, league-wide underestimations (but you were really watching them in college, you weren't really that surprised).

And OKC squandered several seasons of tanking and collecting major talents, including the luck of being there when Durant was available. Westbrook is an all-world talent, but he hasn't figured out how to make others great (yet).

Houston, by contrast, has been built and rebuilt by front office moves. As many other posters have said, many of them have been subtle, long game type plays. Morey has practically written the book of how to build a franchise.
    • He started with collecting trending (Lin) or good players (Anderson, Gordon) and respected coaches.
    • He collected assets until a disgruntled star was available (Harden).
    • He's convinced respected coaches to take analytics seriously, even in how his teams will shoot the ball.
    • He has done everything that can do with a G-League franchise to grow talent (even at the expense of losing players to other teams).
    • He mastermind the poison pill contract so that he could pry restricted FAs from other teams.
    • He's has used analytics and developed player relationships to add fit oriented players (Tucker, a 'Moute)
    Even now, our bench is full of players that can be fitted together to add a third superstar (like Knight, a solid player coming off injury, Chriss, a former lottery pick, Caboclo, etc.). Should these talks fall through, there will always be another disgruntled star, and Morey will be waiting in the wings to add talent. If nothing else, this Butler trade market (like the LeBron free agency or Kawhi's before it) drives up prices and takes out competitors. The Rockets seem always in position to make later moves or adapt. I think that's mark of a great NBA front office.

Has Morey swung and missed? Yes! Some of our draft day decisions and talent evaluations have left me wondering. But I have nothing but respect for Morey's creativity and innovation. He's created a place that players can thrive, if they put in their work, and we have good fortune with injuries.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's your guess, which is as good or bad as anyone else's. That's fine, but for the love of God, stop pretending you are an insider.

SS0101, Reeko, Richie_Rich and 5 others like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

was directly proportional to the volume of moving screens allowed

15. basketballholic

Sure. I don't know which player we're going to wind up with. It might be kawhi at the deadline. But you can bet that Morey is hedging his bets and any trade for any of kawhi, Butler, oubre, or Winslow will come with the opportunity to make another move further down the road.

j@amc likes this.
  16. basketballholic

I've never claimed to be an insider nor pretended to be an insider. For the love of God, stop pretending like you're really shedding light on the rest of the board with false statements. Just like many on this board I do hear things from time to time. I'm not going to cut my ears off and poke my eyes out about it.

Trackwell likes this.
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah great moves by OKC, what I wouldn't do for those lovely first round exits

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans Only

That's the way it should be

hakeem94, Reeko, mockster and 3 others like this.
  19. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I have been checking this nonstop for days now, Hopefully the issue is resolved sooner than later so that our team can focus on chemistry.

While I really want to hold onto Tucker, If it’s the only way to get Butler, I do it in a heartbeat. Almost always, The team that ends up with the best player wins the trade.

It’s not every day you can add a top 15 talent in the world to our roster.

I have faith that Morey Would be able to find defensive perimeter players If we lost Tucker

But getting Jimmy Butler, would give us our new defender to guard Durant

everyday eddie and malakas like this.
  20. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

#3660 Do WHAT?, Oct 1, 2018
    DonKnock and slothy420 like this.