1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill O'Brien needs to go away.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 23, 2018.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Never ever hire NFL head coaches from the Belichick tree.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Who would be the hot candidates? David Shaw always seems to pop up.

I wish we had Kyle Shanahan. The Kubiak system with Watson would be great.

Let's throw some names around.

red5rocket, juanm34 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I missed him shortly after he was fired. Kubiak and Wade were infinitely better coaches than BOB and RAC, but unfortunately Kubiak and Wade lost the locker room and there's just no coming back from that.

deb4rockets and Two Sandwiches like this.
  5. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

So who's the next guy from the Andy Reid coaching tree?

conquistador#11 and javal_lon like this.
  6. blackistan

blackistan Member

I said this a long time ago probably not on here but as long as McNair is the owner we aren't going to win

Fulgore and Spacemoth like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You were wrong a long time ago and you're wrong now. I suppose all we need now is for someone to come along blaming everything on the hot dog vendors.

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. Newlin

Newlin Member

The thing is, is that The Texans are going to be owned by a McNair for maybe longer than many of us will even live. It's going to be Bob and then Cal for a very long time.

I think the Texans can win, they just need to find a good coach that knows what he's doing.

I know a lot of people think that BoB will be here for a long time since we just extended him. But, I think he could get fired. It could happen.

I don't think for one second that McNair is pleased with what he is seeing. We'll see what he does about it.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

O'Brien is the problem.

DD

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Look how Detriot is playing the Patriots... Jacksinville dogged the **** outta them. People giving Texans a chance after week one... gimme a break.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Matt Patricia saying F the teacher!

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

One of the anchors on Sports Sunday mentioned the fans frustration with O'Brien and his potentially being on the hot seat.

Not sure if he really is, but it's good the seed is being planted.

The more threads like this, the merrier.

everyday eddie likes this.
  13. Texanstradamus

They have lost this one too

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Eh, I think Bob has shown that he's pretty hands off owner.

His issue is he trusts these guys too much and that's because a lot of owners see it as the 'right' way to do it. Sort of how the Rooney's handle it.

The issue is that McNair just hired the wrong guys. Kubiak probably could/should have won us something, but he was held back by his QB.

Kubiak got fired mostly because Matt Schaub got hurt and never was the same. Otherwise he coached some very good teams, they couldn't get over the hump but...they were infiititely better coached than B'OB had here.

Usually, a good coach has a staple to them. Something that is consistent with how they coach. Like how Andy Reid always gets amazing QB play out of his players, Kubiak always had a strong run game wherever he coached...

B'OB doesn't have this. This team has no identity basically, that's all on the coach for me.

McNair, for all of his faults, hasn't been a guy that swoops in and makes the coach take this player or do that, he just gave Rick Smith the keys to the cars and let it be it seems, kind of what you want an owner to do...but sometimes he has to step in. He should tell BOB to hire an OC or be shown the door.

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I do not think the Texans have that much talent. This is probably a combination of drafting poorly and developing poorly.

Breaking camp with the OL they had the last two years, that is on the GM. Last year was on Smith. This year, Brian Gaine did not have time to install his team before the draft and top picks were gone thanks to Smith.

I suspect that OBie and Gaine will have another year to get this sorted. Bob McNair has been slow to fire coaches and GMs, so buckle up the ride will be rough this season.

Jturbofuel and csj like this.
  16. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Wade is amazing first year, pretty good second year, and a dumpster fire third year. He's a two year plan to get your team on track. Just look at his history. This never fails.

By third yr his Blitz all 11 players technique stops working.

Also RAC hasn't been good this year but that was after they alienated him for a year for that clown Vrabel (lead of men). Other what's been your issue with RAC?

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Barring a 2-14 or worse season, OB gets one more year to turn it around.

Hopefully Mcnair will force him to hire a proven OC like he did with Kubiak and the DC position.

Obviously need to invest heavily on the O-line. Need something new at RB, Lamar Miller is as average as it gets. CB position is also average at best, still lamenting the loss of Bouye. Clowney walks, have to hope that Mercilus gets back to the guy he was.

And oh by the way, have to hope and pray that Watson is more like the guy we saw last year than this.

Hey Now! likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really have a problem with RAC, he's just not as good as Wade. The big issue is that BOB is worthless and refuses to get someone else to run the offense.....and to get someone else to run the games.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

ALL OF THEM WERE THERE.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

He has had since 2014 to turn it around, he has not. Two division championships but no AFC Championship appearance to show for it.