1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs Texas Tech

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Sep 11, 2018.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

D'Onofrio is historically bad. Nearly the worst defensive performance in a generation.

Fulgore likes this.
  2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Nice game for D'Eriq King 5 TD's 0 INT's and over 400 passing yards. Too bad we had an historically bad game by the defense. After watching Rice shred their defense in WEEK 1 I should not be surprised but I expected a much better effort from the defense.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It was an awful performamce.

Coogs will lose at least 5 games this year.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Inexcusable defensive performance; there goes the New Years bowl game and perhaps a winning season if they don't fix the defense. And UH has the best defensive player in the country?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Almost as unprepared as in the Navy game. Games like this get people fired. I expected this offense to limit Oliver due to the speed, but they just let the guy WR run free and the backup qb sit in the pocket all day.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Disappointing loss. Surrendered too many damn points. Tech usually has high-powered offenses, but Coogs' defense really held it down last week.

8. solid

I just saw a replay of the game. Maybe, the wierdest college football game I have ever seen. I know this doesn't make sense, but the UH defense didn't look all that bad. They were on the field close to fifty minutes; they were totally gassed. The UH offense looked great, but made some very untimely mistakes. The Bowman kid either had the game of his life or he is the second coming of Johnny Unitas. My word, he was making pin point passes that were forty to fifty yards in the air. I want to see him again. If he is for real, TT will win the Big 12.

9. Buck Turgidson

This is comical. "Defense didn't look bad, offense looked great." Oh, yeah, we lost 63-49.

You don't have the players to cover the Kingsbury/Leach offense. It happens. His teams play zero defense also.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

My biggest fear was that D'Onofrio would waste Ed's final year here.

Please let this be an aberration.

11. solid

I know it sounds crazy, but to me the game didn't look like the score. My number one takeaway was the performance of the Bowman kid. He was amazing. The Coogs weren't bumping into each other or looking like keystone cops. They played hard, but just couldn't keep up given the time they were on the field. I was shocked after watching the film; I expected complete and utter ineptitude.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

the defense was abysmal. extremely poor tackling, secondary getting beat left and right. DL applied 0 pressure. A big reason they were on the field so long was bc they couldn't stop TT at all.

no idea what you were watching honestly man

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

+1

Bowman played well, but our secondary looked helpless and the pressure was non-existent.

Terrible defensive playcalling. 3rd and 20 and we rush 3.

WTF?

14. PhiSlammaJamma

That kinda offense is tough, but my approach to it would be bring everyone to the line so that your not exposing a weakness. They have to earn getting open or making the catch down the field. So I say crowd the line and bring pressure. They love quick decisions, but they only love them if they are easy. So make it hard. Make that average qb make throws down the field. You expose the potential for big plays, but you are forcing a thought process that doesn't exist if you sit back. I dunno, but Applewhite needed to try something different at some point.

15. solid

I looking forward to the TT and OSU game today. That will be interesting. Is the freshman QB for real or not. If OSU obliterates TT then UH is in real trouble. If TT wins, then UH may not be as bad as some think.

Houstunna likes this.
  16. solid

We have a verdict. My impression that TT is better than expected and the freshman QB is for real.....true. To roll into Stillwater and beat up OSU doesn't happen everyday. TT is for real and UH may not be as bad as we thought after the game with Tech. We will see how it plays out.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cougars L vs Tech is more acceptable now.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Shoulda won