1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Welcome to my first response when I read/heard he "should've could've would've been MVP" except it was better because the number was reduced by 25%.

Let's be clear, I am not the one making career predictions on the guy.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like mahomes my mom and her brother and one of her sisters went to Texas tech I know all about mahomes and pretty much any halfway decent player from that school lol their obsessed.

What he’s doing is impressive and I think he’s def shown enough already to be considered one of the future faces of the league at QB with Wentz and Watson. Thes 3 our special.

Let’s see how Wentz does this weekend. If he struggles? And he probably will, is he overhyped or whatever ppl say about Watson? No way imo.

Also back to mahomes.

That guy plays with superstars at every skill position.

He’s got Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins as pass catchers and Kareem Hunt to hand the ball too.

He’s playing with more skill position talent than any QB in the league and he has a great coach in Andy Reid, he’s set up to succeed and props to him for not only playing good but straight ballin out.

But we can’t forget Watson was doing the same stuff last year with very good skill position players in Hopkins and fuller and okay guys in Miller and Griffith.

Both these guys are studs and will be competing for mvps but there also in there 8th and 3rd starts ever. Their both going to mess up.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is perfect, true. I just love the rocket arm on Mahomes. That's my fav. kind of QB. I'd rather see a long pass than a long run by a QB, but that's just my preference. I bet Pat was fun to watch in college. Even with great receivers though, you can easily throw interceptions for a number of different reasons. After all, Hopkins is a great receiver but Watson threw into the wrong spot on double coverage. Mahomes hasn't made those mistakes yet, and that is impressive with 10 TDs. But, of course he will eventually.

I didn't watch any of these guys in college, so really am only judging them by what they are doing now. I didn't watch Watson last year because I stopped watching the NFL when it became a protest ground, and as a 20 year veteran it bothered me so much I just quit watching.. That was tough, because I have been a die hard fan since the days of the Oilers and live for NFL season. It's my favorite sport. Hopefully I see some of what people got so excited about with Watson last year. I need something to cheer about this year, after all the years of disappointment with our football teams. Plus, I still have those NBA blues, after yet another disappointing playoff year with the Rockets. This last loss really stung, because we had it in our grasp..

Creepy Crawl and Htownballer38 like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have Mahomes playing against Watson this week. So you know what I am hoping for.

I also have Lamar Miller. So he can have 3 touchdowns and the Texans can still win though haha

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

coachbadlee likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lmao!

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Mahomes was a baller in college but any half way decent guy with and arm looks great in that tech spread offense.

That’s why ppl were skeptical of him, I wasn’t I know he would be good because like you said he has an arm and is an above average athletes like Watson.

He’s a stud 100% but he’ll have some bad throws prob this week if I had to bet (and I will) lol. Had he played at Michigan or ND he would have been the 1st pick in the draft hands down. I wanted the Texans to draft him because I thought he was the best QB in the draft.

Watson changed my mind.

Watson is the closest thing to Aaron Rodgers I have ever seen. He just has it and looks for the impossible play and more times than not he makes it just like Arod, they both bob and weave in the pocket and buy time to throw these crazy 20 yard floaters or darts.

The knock on Rodgers just like Watson was arm strength and size. Both 6’2 and 210lbs coming out of college.

Both were miss evaluated other teams loss Texans and packers gains.

Watson’s player great agains Tenn Minus the last play and the dumb throw to Hopkins.

That’s fine he’s 23 and making his 8ths start and 9 game ever played. Plus he’s a flat out winner.

He’ll ball out this weekend imo I’m guessing 320 yards and 3 tds no picks. He found his groove and got comfortable with his knee last week.

The Texans have lost by a combined 10 points we could easily be 2-0 with sub par pass rush and 70% offense so far.

Texans are fine imo.

I’d be worried if Watson was playing like Sam darnold right now but he’s not.

If you take out the first half of the pats game he’s a 100+ qbr qb and avg 300 yards passing and 2tds a game. That’s pro bowl stuff for a guy with no real experience and coming off a major knee injury.

You’ll see the hype this week Forsure.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  11. vonbock

vonbock Member

Let's see , we gave up a high 1 st round draft pick and a second round pick to Cleveland. They have a better record than us. Is there something wrong here?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No. We still did the right thing. Watson has still really only had one bad game that you can blame him for. Last week was a good game until BoB interfered.

c1utchfan925 and Fulgore like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

You aren't that Onalaska Superintendent by any chance, are you? ;)

And to be clear, since you keep repeating it, they didn't include a 2nd for Deshaun. They swapped firsts in 2017 and gave a up 2018 1st.

The 2nd round pick Cleveland got from Houston was for Brock Osweiler, not part of the Watson trade.

Houston:
    Deshaun Watson(2017 1st/12th overall)

Cleveland:
    Jabrill Peppers(2017 1st/25th overall)
    Denzel Ward(2018 1st/4th overall)

Houston:
    Carlos Watkins(2017 4th/142nd overall)

Cleveland:
    Brock Osweiler
    Roderick Johnson(2017 6th/188th overall-->traded up with NY Jets to 2017 5th/160th overall)
    Nick Chubb(2018 2nd/35th overall)

Roderick Johnson currently plays for ... the Texans!

c1utchfan925, Nimo, Omihall23 and 3 others like this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don’t waste your time bro

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Remember the record at the start of last season? How that offense looked? What happened by the end of the season. Andy Reid is the king of the start of the season. People adjust to that offense.......and it begins to sputter badly. They blamed Alex Smith. We shall see....

16. plates300

plates300 Member

Alex Smith is also the king of checking down...he leads the NFL in throws to running backs (less than 5 yards past line of scrimmage).

17. vonbock

vonbock Member

I agree . We gave up the third pick in the draft to move up. Technically you can say we gave up a 3rd pick in draft and low 1st round draft pick for the 12th pick in the draft. How was that great deal to you? Don t you think Sam Arnold and a 1st round draft pick would have been a better option?

The second round draft pick given to Cleveland was to dump Brock. If we didn't do that deal and not trade up we would have had 2 1st rounders and a second rounder. For all that we got to cut Brock and draft the next Jordan of the NFL who has led the team to a 0 and 2 record. That's what I meant by all the draft picks

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

When you tried to compare a 2nd year Watson to a current Tom Brady you proved your anti Watson bias.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. vonbock

vonbock Member

For now unless, watson proves me wrong, I don't think it was worth it to give up that high draft pick to get him. Many on here were comparing him to Brady last year and called him the Jordan of the NFL. Now everyone is saying, he is just a second year player and give him some time?
    Trading that 2nd round pick to dump Brock set off all things in motion to get Watson. We could have gone 3 and 13 with Brock without giving up that 3rd pick.
    That is a great what if? If we never made any of draft pick trades and just cut Brock. We have more draft picks to build up the offensive line. We would have gone 3 and 13 anyways. Most likely bob would have been fired and we wouldn't have the fire Bob thread. But at least we would have had a deeper team.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why is vonbock all on Deshauns jock? Where were you last season? Waiting in the weeds? Please don't run and hide when the winning starts.