1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018-2019 Clutchfans “Smeg” Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guys,

I’m fininishing setting up website, I get Rockets34 vote, it we have two weeks before the start of the season. We have two choices as draft order has been set by the website:

1. CFans slow draft - 6 hours between picks rounds 1-6, 4 hours after that, starting tomorrow morning.
    2. ESPN fast draft - need to pick date
    3. Auction draft online - need to pick date

What do you prefer?

Scoring/Rosters remain the same....

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Auction would be a cool change of pace.

Can we please use fractional points? Ties are stupid.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I love auctions. Prefer slow (TRADITION), but if moving to a fast draft, auction would be great. Can't wait to see y'all jabronis blow $30 on a safety.

Edit - although I will admit, I have no clue what the budget should be for such a large roster that includes IDPs. Hopefully ESPN has a dynamic budget setting by default. Or it could just stay at the standard $200 and it's on us to figure it out what the market will look like. If that's the case, it's gonna be a weird year. Some of the teams (not mine) are gonna suck BAD.

#23 Ziggy, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I vote against auction. Fine with fast or slow traditional.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

As CHAMPION, I veto this vote.

6. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I know there's so much hate for the slow draft, but it's still the easiest to schedule imo. Otherwise everyone's got different obligations and finding a time that everyone can sacrifice multiple hours is a pain. You always end up with someone who misses the draft or has computer issues where they end up with the wrong player or get auto skipped. I've never done an auction (and that sounds fun) but I bet it takes longer. So count me as a vote for tradition.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Slow draft it is, sorry Rockets34, but hard to change tradition. I will set everything up this afternoon, will start draft tomorrow morning at 7AM CDT, same format as last time - will use spreadsheet as well to keep track. The time is shorter due to less time - 6hrs first 4 rounds, 4 hours after that - so leave lists so you are not skipped - we got less time this year, so try to stay up with so we can get it completed on time.

Any questions, let me know... I will start a new post for draft tonight, so we’re good to go... draft order was set by ESPN...

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Great, glad to know we're keeping with tradition. Would you mind posting the draft order, Rook? I don't see it on the mobile app.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Ugh, sucks. Setting one date/time on one day, knocking out the entire thing in 2 hours......yeah, that logical concept is crap.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

We're dealing with old fogies in this league now. You're going to make them change kicking and screaming?

Have some respect for the elderly among us.

11. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

if you guys need someone, or have an extra spot, PM me.. thanks