1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Aug 2018) Who is your internet/cable provider?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Comcast for Business... because no data caps and competent support when required. The cost is about the same of normal Comcast, but with far more perks. I don't have many options, it is either Comcast, Comcast for Business, and AT&T DSL which has max upload of 1.5mpbs.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Cord Cutter Question: I use my DVR and XFinity to watch things on my ipad and away from home. . . . .. how do you accomplish a similar task?

Rocket River

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

YouTube TV is amazing. Unlimited DVR and on-demand, that you can access from anywhere.

Rocket River likes this.
  4. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I use DirecTV Now. Cheapest prices currently for add-on premium channels. HBO $5/mo and Showtime $8/mo.

Also have ATT gigabit fiber $80/mo, but the intro rate is almost up for me. Going up $10 next month.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Thanks. . . .. I appreciate it

Rocket River

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

AT&T Fiber 300/300 (grandfathered plan. They only offer 100/100 or 1000/100 now)
    DirecTV NOW (grandfathered $35 "GO BIG" plan) I also enjoy their $5 HBO and $8 showtime deal which is worth it just to watch "who is america" every Sunday

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

$50 for Spectrum 200/20.
    No datacaps!

#27 RedRedemption, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

For DirectTv Now users: how is the HD picture quality?

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Based on competition and what they are going to provide, what is the expected price for Verizon 5G ?

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I signed up for directv now a couple times when they were giving out an appletv 4K for 3 months of prepaid service. It worked fine and the picture was great. They added DVR which was nice. I cancelled after my prepaid time was up. If I wanted to pay $35 a month for tv I’d just bundle my internet with Comcast and pay about the same price. It’s a fine service but I don’t see the cord cutting aspect at that price. I do Hulu and hbo for $13 plus Netflix. Reddit has all the mlb and nba you need. Stream it right to the appletv. Thanks directtv.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Netflix thing .. . HBO andf Hulu are 13 on top of the Netflix price or is it all one price?

Rocket River

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Two different things. Netflix is like $11 I believe.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I use U-Verse. It's about $110 for TV/Internet. Never have had any issues with it which is nice.

I've wanted to cut the cord, but until the Rockets/Astros are available on Youtube TV/Sling/etc., I probably won't. Not interested in watching on a laptop or fuzzy stream every time. I also don't feel like cutting the cord really saves that much money, unless I've been interpreting things incorrectly.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Do you have a data cap? I can't stand these data caps. I don't need 1GB speeds but I need more than 1TB. Unfortunately the cost of 100mbps and unlimited cost the same as 1GB/unlimited (90-100) bucks.

Is there any provider in HOuston that will give you unlimited data for less than 70 bucks?

15. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

AT&T Fiber Internet 1000 plan with no cap drops to $70/mo if you bundle with cable.

BiGGieStuFF likes this.
  16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I started doing some research on it. i'm paying 60 now for 100/1tb. if I want to go to 1GB/unlmited it'll cost me 90 a month. OR i can bundle u-verse 180 channel (crappy selection) and get 100mb/unlimited for 80 total. i might just do that and not even use the TV service. Thanks for the tip.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Verizon FIOS - Gigabit Internet with custom tv (155 channels) and 2 cable cards for $91 a month. (Also includes phone but I don’t use it)

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Bump

I've had U-verse for a decade and the loyalty team gives me great promotions each year. Unfortunately, U-verse is at capacity in the area I'm moving to, so I have to switch unless I let them put me on Direct TV. Any recommendations? I was paying $170 for the U450 TV/Internet/Phone package.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

20. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Anyone using Verizon 5g Home?