1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COMPLEX] Millenials Ruin Hooters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The competitors took the Hooters concept and altered it, usually adding better quality at or near the same cost. Walking into a Twin Peaks is night and day different than walking into a Hooters in quality and atmosphere. With that said, that doesn't mean that business is great. Hooters is privately owned, and doesn't have market flexibility. Their competitors are part of large restaurant conglomerates, and as soon as profits get low enough, they'll abandon that chain model in no time.

And the chain restaurant industry as we know it is dying. Fine dining, and great restaurants will always survive, but industry trends have shown that chains will continue to suffer over the long term. Food delivery alone is greatly changing the industry as we speak. McDonalds announced this week that they are dumping over 100 billion into their restaurants for remodeling, and automation. Chilis has gone to Ziosks and catering more on ease of service, Fridays and Applebees are all about value, the list goes on. All of these restaurants are holding on for dear life and trying to stay relevant.

Of course, as old chains die, new ones pop up to take their place. As Subway fades away, Jimmy Johns fills the void. As Taco Bell's profits nosedive, Chipotle's market share grows. The population is growing an exponential rate, we'll always need food. However, long term investments in the industry will pay off more for the brands that can best adapt.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

With all the new Hooters-type restaurants being built recently, it simply doesn't make sense that the industry is dying. Surely investors have done research. The alcohol/food prices are about the same across the board. The only real difference regarding this is location. You're gonna pay more in Manhattan and Hollywood and even those aren't a big difference. People are just inventing reasons to voice their displeasure.

I've seen maybe 5 women in their 30's out of all 50 locations I've been. Again, people are just inventing nonsense. I'd say Buffalo Wild Wings made sports bars upgrade their TV game. That place's entire wall is TVs. Hooters has renovations and is still building new better locations. They (and others) aren't going anywhere for a while.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Are they though?

I literally couldn't tell you where a Hooters, Twin Peaks, or anything else like that is where I live. Giant chain restaurants of all kinds are dying, Hooters isn't immune to that, I am surprised they are still around honestly

Svpernaut likes this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I remember reading somewhere that Twin Peaks was killing it over the last decade. Maybe that growth has slowed, but it was definitely booming partially at the expense of Hooters.

5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Your profile says Denver. I've been to several Hooters and TP's in that area. They don't have an abundance of similar places compared to others, but they are there.

Google it, Millennial :)

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What's the upside of Hooters or any place like this? Ogle at some women who are friendly to you just for a bigger tip? If you want to look at girls like some beta just go to the mall, gym or Whole Foods and sit on a bench. Probably have a better chance of scoring digits in these other places.

7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

So...... you're saying, Hooters is GREAT if your swag is tight and the girls are being friendly for sexual purposes !! :)

Typically, guys like sports and alcohol. So the upside is getting BOTH, plus, seeing half-naked women live in your face (even if you can't have them). LMAO at the "just watch p*rn on the internet" references. I hope those posters didn't actually type that with a straight face. If you can score an attractive ma'am at a gym, mall, etc, you can get a waitress.

Btw- Most servers/bartenders anywhere are being friendly for a tip.

Also- Those five 30 year-olds were all attractive.

8. Buck Turgidson

Does anyone remember the Pink Pussycat Cabaret?

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It is now the Diamond Club Cabaret and just as disgusting

B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

INSIDE the loop.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

What was the name of the horrible place on Westheimer next/near to Evans Music City? I have stories.

12. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4 pages into a Hooters thread and no Hooters waitress pictures? Who are you, a bunch of millennials?

[​IMG]

13. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

The Riviera. My buddy got pink eye when a stripper took his glasses and put them in her cooch.

Buck Turgidson and B-Bob like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not sure that was pink eye.

CCity Zero and Torn n Frayed like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought it was CALIGULA XXI. Lulz

16. Buck Turgidson

That's the one.

Stripper had a tail. Like a little 3 inch tail.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Could you touch it?

18. Buck Turgidson

I paid her to grind in my buddy's lap for a half hour while I sat next to the cooler (it was a byob place, very classy)

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not very representative of the true demographic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

McNultyisDrunk likes this.
  20. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

A little further west that one. Think it's a Penthouse now; that place has changed names so many times.