1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rockies @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Too soon?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Tyler White has been bad? 900+ ops is bad?

3. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

The Astros problem is that no one is scared of our hitters. We don’t have a true power hitter like Boston and the Yankees. I doubt we have a player hit 30 hrs this year

4. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

LOL!!!!

5. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Which is amazing since so many players like springer and Correa and Gattis basically wildly swing for the fences most at bats regardless of situation. And they play 81 games with the Crawford boxes where teams like the mariners and athletics have no problems hitting homers.

Gattis won’t get To 30 homers. Bregman should.

The level of underachieving in the lineup is staggering.

6. jtexan

jtexan Member

Carlos Correa is the biggest disappointment in Houston sports since Ralph Sampson...flashes of greatness but not worthy of the hype.

7. conquistador#11

I'm pumped!

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So...a bunch of you are off the bandwagon again. Seems to me it was like this almost exactly a year ago.

You'll be back,. You all will be back.

Major, conquistador#11 and MrBear1 like this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Everyone who said we needed something last year was right. We all saw the results.
    The same thing is being said this year. We need an injection of life even if the move seems insignificant.
    Kemp is the equivalent of Maybin, speed off the bench. I'm good there.
    I don't see a weakness when healthy. But I do see an emotional crash happening out there. Correa was the best chance at fixing that because he is the emotional leader. So if that doesn't work, it's seems like we have to do something to reset.

10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Anyone off the bandwagon wouldn't be watching a Tuesday night game against the Rockies in the midst of a losing streak.

There's no bandwagon here. We are all passionate about this team. All of this "I'm not worried and that makes me a better fan than you" peacocking from certain posters is tired. We were right to be worried last year (where is that team with Verlander?) and I suspect we will look back and agree that we are right to be worried now.

Side note: I'm tired of being told that we are better than Oakland. They've been playing .750 baseball for two months. They're damned good and were clearly the better team during our last series against them. Aside from 12 games in June, our entire season has been "Imagine how good we will be when everything clicks!" and at some point, we need to acknowledge that things might NOT click. Saying that we will be fine when everyone returns and brushing off anyone that disagrees is choosing hope over reality.

11. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

THANK YOU. THIS.

lw17 likes this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I endorse this message. This isn't 2017...we're in a division with real contenders this season.

lw17 and Nook like this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Maybe we need a bench-clearing brawl?!! Might as well go down swinging. No one would get hurt because the Astros can't hit anything.

lw17 and conquistador#11 like this.
  14. rdsgonzo13

rdsgonzo13 Contributing Member

Beautifully said.

Oakland’s playing really really well and if they win the division they’ll have really earned it.

lw17 likes this.
  15. edwardc

edwardc Member

Whatever needs to be done should happen soon.

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

It’s most likely next year folks. Need to aquire another 2 serious bats. I don’t think we will tank the rest of the season, we will get hot again. I just don’t think the team has the bats this year. Also, they aren’t hungry enough.

It’s hard to repeat.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was just one week ago where everybody was praising what this AAAA lineup was able to do vs. the likes of the Mariners, Giants, and Dodgers.

Won't take long to get back there... but they've had two awful weeks out of the last 4 that has the usual reactionary responders even more reactionary...

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When the Astros record is about the same as it was last year... and they're only one game up instead of 15... of course the division foes got better.

And playing in a "weak" division was a pseudo-complaint of many last year... how they haven't proven anything till they played real competition.

Well, now's the time to experience a real actual pennant race... haven't had one of those since 2001 or so.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I hope I'm not tiring you.

But its slightly contradictory to use last year as an example of why it was justified to be worried... when really it ended up being just one bad month out of 6, and they all righted the ship in September.

Yes, part of that was due to Verlander coming here... but like I said earlier, he's only playing one game out of 5. Its not false hope to be optimistic that this team will be better with 3 position players coming back and 2 pitchers coming back. You don't even have to base it on last year... you can merely base it on the majority of this season where they were playing just as well (if not better) than last year's pace, with a better run differential.

Like I said earlier, I feel this team is better top to bottom than they were last year... minus Marwin. They do need to get healthy. They do have better opponents in the division as well.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This home losing streak bullshit has to stop. My mind will never be right until we win one at home and break this streak.