1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why won't Trump lash out at Putin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t

1. It would have helped resolve them

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It would have made them worse

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The treaty with Iran was a joke and it accomplished nothing more than providing them with funding for those programs.

You say you don't want war, but you are essentially upset that Trump didn't outright call Putin a liar during a press conference....what do you think that would have accomplished? Do you think that would have lessened the likelihood of war with Russia or increased it?

I know that you are upset about Putin retaliating against Hillary for trying to interfere in Russian elections by trying to interfere in US elections and you are likely most upset by the attack against the DNC, but do you really think the US is in a position to complain about this and be taken seriously? The US is CONSTANTLY tampering with elections in other countries...

Now that's not to say that there shouldn't be a reaction, and there was one, but how far would the US have to take a hypocritical reaction to pacify our friends on the left? How long should we let Russian retaliation for US interference poison international relations?

I'm all ears.

MojoMan likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm upset that Russia committed espionage against the United States in a way that wasn't done to Russia. I'm curious why you aren't upset by that.

The United States supporting opposition parties is how nations have tried to spread their influence for centuries. Russia hasn't had fair elections since Putin. Us supporting the opposition wasn't interfering in fair elections.

Since Putin imprisons and murders his opposition and the press that dares to report about his brutality, I have no problem with the U.S. supporting groups and people in Russia that are against that.

The American elections aren't tainted by the same authoritarian corruption. I don't support Russia trying to interfere in our legitimate elections. Protecting our elections is the job of the President. As long as Russia does that then we should continue to keep their economy weakened.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

Should Russia not be punished for killing their ex spy in London? Or for their annexation of Crimea? I believe Obama should have been extremely harsher on Russia, and right now, I believe Trump should be punishing the **** out of Russia. Disappointed that the past two administrations have let Putin become news worthy every single week. This is ridiculous.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so it's okay when the US does it. Hate to break it to you, but that's a pretty hard sell when talking to other countries.

Hell Putin likely would have never risen to power if not for the US all but installing Boris Yeltsin as a puppet. The Russians hacking the DNC and exposing some of their dirty laundry is nothing compared to things the US has done just in Russia when it comes to election tampering....and the US has done far worse than that elsewhere.

You never answered the question though, how far would the US have to take a hypocritical reaction to pacify our friends on the left? How long should we let Russian retaliation for US interference poison international relations?

MojoMan likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

Bobbi Small:

are you with

DJ Trump and Putin or

the CIA, the FBI and the NSI ?​

Deckard likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Run along little man, grown folk are talking.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

LMAO Folks on the right has never heard of statecraft before.

Words words words. I went to college. I am elitist. Kick my ass. Words words words.

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

If we are prioritizing the relationship with Russia over everything else, the US could always become a vassal state of Russia.

Problem solved right?
    I'm sure some posters here would love that.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Trump not lashing out at Russia doesn’t bother me all that much. It’s all the people he does lash out against, and the reasons he does so and the manner in which he does so, that bothers me.

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Russians don't really have true democratic elections. The United States supported opposition to Putin. They did not do any election tampering.

The answer to your question is however far it would take to secure our elections.

Again, it is odd that you are okay with Russian interference in our democracy.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who the F wanted him to “lash out” at Putin and start a war?

Why does everything have to be false equivalence with you Trumpnuts? Holy crap. It’s not that hard to not take the side of a murderous dictator and also use diplomatic language. Macron displayed this when in a joint press conference months ago when he called out Putin to his face and Putin didn’t respond by nuking France.

Only thing anyone is asking for is to stand up for F-ing America. Does that make sense to you people who two years ago coined yourself “Patriots”??

Sorry but if you liked what you saw yesterday, you are absolutely pro Russia and anti-American. Just no other way to look at it. Don’t throw in that stupid false equivalency game the right wants to try to play where they say “well he’s adverting a war so it’s okay”.... bullsh$t.

#51 dobro1229, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Deckard, eric.81, Rashmon and 3 others like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I love it and this is what a I hoped for with a Trump presidency. Change it up, do something different, and live with the results because at the end of the day no one with a straight face can say doing the "right" thing with Putin has worked. I mean dude annexed a piece of another country while we treated him the "right" way.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the question posed in the thread title is different than the one in the poll.

the most likely answer to the thread question is that trump wont lash out at putin b/c trump is being blackmailed by putin/russia. at this point it should be clear to all but his most ardent, brainwashed sycophants.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well, at least you are happy that the leader of our nation stood next to Russia's dictator and threw the men and women who risk their lives to protect our nation in every single intelligence agency. The fact that not protecting our democracy makes you happy is sad.

Doing the right thing against Putin has had real effects.

jo mama likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes, it would be nice to have a President interested in or capable of standing up for the United States.

16. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Where is the it won't escalate a damn thing but also wouldn't make us look weak option?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or .....war..... apparently (GOP Propaganda)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Can’t believe I have to legitimately question patriotism from the POTUS. Wonder how Reagan would feel about this?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Quit your bullshit and don't speak for me.

LOL at protect our nation. Ask minorities if the CIA has always protected them as a priority. Actually ask everyone if the NSA looks out for our best interest. Those two organizations have nothing on our great and brave military. Those two organizations are pure evil when compared to our men and woman who serve.

What's sad is that you think the old & "correct" approach worked. Your ability to ignore that Putin came under power and grew his power while we were doing handling him the "correct" way is astounding.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha, so war then.

The Russians do a weak version of what the US has been doing all over the world for over a century and you are ready for millions to die as a result of that. What the Russians did in no way changed the outcome of the election, but you want millions to die over it. I guess that's just where we differ. I'm all for doing what can be done to limit outside interference, but I don't feel like some ineffective bots or the DNC having some dirty laundry leaked to the public is worth millions dying.