1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul McCartney

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jugdish, Jun 27, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

All this Elvis vs. MJ vs. Beatles talk got me thinking...why didn't Paul go crazy? He was in the middle of the same storm they were, and he comes off as a nice, funny, normal guy.

What's up with all that?

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

None of the beatles went crazy...

As George explains they had 4 of them all going through the same storm and they could lean on each other. Elvis and jackson had friends and entourages but they were still going through it alone.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I dont think you can equate MJ to Elvis. All of Elvis' problems can be related to depression, but with Michael Jackson, it was totally different, the changes he went through and the trials he faced, and 180 in the public eye.

Maybe its a British tenacity or something, Clapton turned it around too.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Paul did go crazy. He married a handicapped woman who only had one leg and then when he got divorced he had to give her 40M USD. One leg for pete's sake!

Jontro likes this.
  6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paul's dead, man.

VooDooPope and Entropy like this.
  7. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I'm not positive about this but wasnt it because of the wives that Paul and John disagreed on many things? I dont remember hearing about any of them going crazy...unless you count on the time when John would get wasted or high.

8. VanityHalfBlack

One leg gives equals easier access to her tunnel base... All you have to do is point and shoot, but to lose 40m it ain't worth it...

9. Christopher

Christopher Member

I remember a few years ago now he was going to do a tour of Australia and the ticket sales were terrible.

He said he couldnt come to Australia to tour because of the threat of terrorism because of the Bali Bombings!

b**** is crazy!

Jontro likes this.
  10. BullFan

BullFan Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AK9QVN0bpa4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AK9QVN0bpa4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crazy

11. GIGO

GIGO Member

Sorry to be an old-thread bumper, but I just didn't want to create a new thread for this.

12. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I had tickets to see his Melbourne show, and he cancelled. I was so pissed off. I got a refund and bought some TMac Shoes instead.

However I just saw him last year in Melbourne, was definitely worth the wait. This guy is legit.

mikol13, FranchiseBlade and Jontro like this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How does james corden still have a show?

CometsWin likes this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

liverpool fc fans are legit.

15. theimpossibles1

Probly because his content makes you smile. Unlike all the other guys who just wanna talk politics.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Paul McCartney is "normal"? Let's see what Phil Collins has to say about that.....

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

All he does is sing in a car with a celebrity. So creative.... Also how weird would it be to karaoke your own song?

Conan >>> Kimmel >>>> everybody else.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

paul did some douchey stuff during the beatle-era and post beatles. but he seems like an evolved dude at this point and a genuinely nice guy. i loved that song he did with nirvana a few years ago. 70 years old and probably the heaviest thing he has ever done.

while most acts his age are just riding it out and touring off their greatest hits, paul is still creating and constantly putting out new records...and they're good! forget the beatles - his solo career is up their with any others from the 70's/80's. he could do a two hour plus concert of just solo material and we would know every song. not many artists can pull that off.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

New Paul stuff

GIGO likes this.