1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

pro life movement mobilizes to rescue separated children at the border

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 17, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They killing kids in McAllen?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Immigration is a legitimate law enforcement issue. I understand Republicans use it for red meat but it is a legitimate issue and therefore a thread about what pro lifers should be doing is really an ancillary topic.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is saying not to enforce immigration law. What people are saying is not to separate innocent children from their families.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. calcium

calcium Member

Maybe they should change names, to pro birth instead.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

are they, pat?

my how things have changed with you old friend.

I guess life dealt you some hard knocks. PM me so i can wire some cash. I'm serious. I'm pro pat gabriel life. do you accept Western Union?

SF3isBack!! and Rocket River like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Agreed.

8. conquistador#11

I hope the a.c units don't 'malfunction'. The pro life crowd shouldn't praise two gods but somehow they manage to.

a year + ago I shared a conversation with my aunt, where I chuckled when she suggested they would eventually target naturalized citizens and strip them away. well.....
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...78aca903bbe_story.html?utm_term=.16a767a33037

They're like heat checks for this administration, someone needs to step underneath their ankles.

SamFisher likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

May as well send them back since it’s so destitute and dangerous here.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So if i rob your house and have a kid im responsible for, i should not go to jail?

I understand robbery isn't trying to cross the border, but criminals kids get taken away. Its nothing unusual about that

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is Pat and i will always take handouts. Thanks fellow Eagle

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's odd, right? We have always made arrests at the border. We did not need to separate children from families before. It's a change, period. You can argue about why the change was made, I guess. Seems obvious that Miller and co. want to use this harsh technique to get the word out and discourage other families from trying to come here.

People can either like the change or dislike the change. But it makes so sense to just defend it and say "because it's the law." It's a new implementation of the law that we never seemed to need to try before. Not Reagan, not Bush I or II, nobody. Trump and crew are doing this.

So if people like the change, I'd like to hear why. It's clear to me why I think it goes against all our principles going back to the founding fathers, but that's just me.

FranchiseBlade and SamFisher like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Democrats had years to fix immigration is what im saying.

If Republican voters feel their jobs are threatened by illegal immigrants then the people they vote for are gonna take action like this. It may be racist it maybe legit concern about jobs, it really doesn't matter either way. They are entering illegally and therefore law enforcement is well within their boundary.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not for non violent crimes or.crimes where no one else's property was stolen. People don't get imprisoned for trespassing. Usually it's a fine or community service .

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The reason they are now separating kids is because of DACA.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I personally have no problem with people coming here anyway they can to improve their lives. I don't believe in borders, we live in a global economy.

That being said the moral outrage maybe justified but the government isn't doing anything out of its authority so you have to fix this issue through legislation. All the moral outrage is just noise.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you can for tax evasion and squatting. Both come with being an illegal immigrant.

All this is irrelevant though. Don't invade foreign soil if you want to stay with your kids .

Aceshigh7 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wouldn't call it invading. Invading implies with a military force to sieze control of region being invaded... Not trying to find a min wage job to feed their children or escaping violence from where they came from.

I'm not expecting much empathy from you so I don't know why I bother.

The irony here is, the right states that min wage jobs are for high school kids. Also, the right has stated during the dip in the unemployment rate under Obama, high quality jobs weren't being created at a acceptable rate which I actually agree with. So essentially, no American has been really complaining about the lack of low paying min wage jobs. If you want one of those, you can easily find one.

These are the jobs that these people are taking.They are essentially harming no one. They aren't even leeching tax payer money.

Any time I see a conservative b**** about undocumented migrants I just tell them to learn a higher level dicernible skill because essentially.you step b****ing about not being able to find a min wage job.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The balance between the justice boner and the fetus boner is a delicate one.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, that's not what anyone is saying. I'm saying if you try to seek asylum in our nation which isn't a crime and you have no other family, your 2-year-old should be able to stay with you.

If you commit robbery and have a kid, that kid will go to his other parent. If not that, the kid will go to a grandparent, an aunt, an uncle or other family members. Furthermore, if you go to prison for robbery, your child is allowed to come and visit you.