1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I felt like we were leaving a funeral. So crazy.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

words can't explain this movie, I'm seeing it again Imax 3D Monday night, hell I might watch it again in 2D before that

You know it's a damn good movie if the villain wins and you STILL want to watch it again

3. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I agree they are very likely to be temporary, but I was just taking in the moment and riding the wave of emotions. It didn't hinder the moment for me knowing this could just easily reset, but thats for all comic book stories in general.

4. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Same here. I go to a spanish theater and its typically half full in each screening but last night packed house for all screenings. People who didn't speak spanish were going to the subtitled version just so they can see it since all other movie theaters were sold out. Never have I seen this before. This theater hasn't bee this full since the early 90's I'm betting.

ghettocheeze, tinman and mikol13 like this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This has left me totally stunned. I don’t even know how to feel. I’m blown away by the ending. Gotta appreciate that it’s so out of the norm.

Dave2000 likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

God I loved it. After all the MCU movies I have watched, it all culminated in this. It was seemingly insurmountable hype given its 18 movie build, but somehow it delivered while managing to cram in content from virtually every one of them. Not only that, they managed to give significant screen time to Thanos, and develop him into an outstanding villain.

Seriously I don't care how people judge it as a stand alone movie, as effectively the first part of a season finale it's a 10.

They pulled the trigger on the Thanos wipeout, effectively killing everybody except the original Avengers (I think Rocket was the only other hero that made it). This way they can streamline part 2, without feeling the need to work in so many characters. It also gives Captain Marvel a chance to come in and flex, who I'm sure they are counting on to be very bankable for them. In hindsight, if they knew Black Panther was gonna become the megahit it did, they would have audibled on that. But they didn't play favorites, they wiped out Spidey, Strange and Star Lord as well, not just the B-listers.

Since they did go this route, I'm thinking Iron Man and Cap both die in the next one. Everybody else except maybe Vision will obviously be brought back.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The special effects and cgi were amazing
    I saw justice league a few weeks back and was shocked how terrible the cgi was

Infinity war was top

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I loved Dr. Strange this movie. Mentions that he would let Peter/Tony die before he gave up the stone. Puts his mind in the future and mentions there is only 1 winning outcome out of 14 million. Proceeds to save Tony's life in exchange for the stone to Thanos which was contradictory. He knows what is going to happen, and that is why he didn't stop Quill who blew what looked like their only chance at stopping Thanos. Marvel is taking the audience down the 1 and 14 million path to victory.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You nailed it.

tmacfor35 likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

What the hell happened to that scene in the trailer where the Hulk and company are running in slow mo in Wakanda?? That was fake!

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sure was, Russos: 'Gotcha!'

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Preface: The Infinity saga basically got me into comics, I've been waiting for a movie like this essentially my whole life. I am going to be more positive about it than your average person.

I did not believe after how amazing their last two films were (Winter Soldier and Civil War) that they would be able to deliver another even better film. They did it, the Russos are geniuses. They're the ****ing Daryl Morey of superhero movies. 1000000000/10

They wanted to make Thanos the next Darth Vader, and they did it. This is my generation's The Empire Strikes Back.

They did everything I hoped for them to do and more:

Red Skull? Are you kidding?! I've been waiting for him to come back since the end of Cap1.
    The snap! It actually happened! Thanos won!

They killed off all the new big name heroes, talk about ballsy -- especially Panther, Spiderman, Strange, and the Guardians. Yeah, I know they'll be back, but they still made a movie where they died. NUTS!

This movie drew tears from me, I definitely didn't expect that. Gamora and Spiderman's deaths being the most heartbreaking.

I could go on all night about this. I'm going to see it again. Avengers 4, please come soon.

I also enjoyed the humor naturally, some of my favorites were Rocket trying to steal Bucky's arm, Rocket offering Thor an eyeball (of course he had one), Banner being shocked about there being a "Spiderman AND an Antman".

I was disappointed about the lack of Ant-man and Hawkeye in this, but I know they'll be in A4.

#312 seclusion, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Saw it last night. Was great. That's all I'll say right now.

So any word on where Ant Man and Hawkeye were during this film? Also, what were Fury and Agent Hill doing? Will this be explained at some point?

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Widow mentions they took a deal after Civil War so they could be with their families, they are on house arrest. Both will be in A4.

Fury and Hill were calling reinforcements. He tells Hill to call Clint (Hawkeye), and he signals for Captain Marvel as he fades. Captain Marvel will be the most powerful character in the MCU when she's introduced next year before A4.

getsmartnow likes this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

With all the super friends in this movie can we just get a spot for Bruce Willis from “unbreakable”

Jontro and ghettocheeze like this.
  17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

ghettocheeze likes this.
  18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Now that we've got a few positive feedbacks in, let me be the first one to say how annoyed I am of the whole armor suits materializing over thin air and using terms like nanotech as an explanation. Its almost becoming a norm and they no longer want to explain suits coming to Tony or him traveling with a case. Same with Panther.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

This is a comic book movie dude
    Are they going to explain the talking Raccoon to you too?

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's a weak complaint.
    His suits have been constantly progressing from the first Iron Man until now, we've seen it with each additional film, and nanotechnology actually exists. Wakanda's technology is ahead of the rest of the world, so yeah it's definitely conceivable that Panther would have had it before Stark.

Stark even had surgery to get his power source implanted into his body again after having it surgically removed in Iron Man 3. The guy was obsessed with the idea that Thanos was coming, even if he couldn't put a name and face to the threat.

ghettocheeze and htownrox1 like this.