1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Grab Dez

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

McClain has been out of the loop as far as insider information and scoops. He does get to ask the players/coaches/front office questions but doesn't get much more than anybody else. But things might be different with this front office. He was adamant about the Honey Badger before it happened. I actually was laughing at him because it looked like he was putting words in Gaine's mouth; but he was right on. I think he's right in this case. Like with Hurns, I think the Texans' interest in Dez Bryant is limited to the Texans players.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that last part, I think the interest is almost solely with the players, but I think given the lack of interest in Dez around the league, that could change. I think he could come fairly cheaply and honestly, what is the reason NOT to do that kind of deal?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No they wont. This is the same guy that said Duane Brown wasn't holding out - WHILE - he was holding out.... he'll be eating newspapers again (he literal had to eat a newspaper for being so wrong) soon enough.

But NFL fan isn't very insightful. They'll keep pancakes employed for another 20 years.

4. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

again if the players are texting and recruiting Dez - then they have to have some kind of sense that Gaine is willing to sign Dez Bryant.. wouldnt make sense to recruit a guy that you know the front office will not sign..
    they surely have received some news from the front office.. I understand tweeting at him, but then still be texting him later in the week (As Matheu stated) ... just seems odd to me...

just to add .. I doubt the texans think they are set at WR or TE (because there even more dumb if they think they are)... Fuller is always hurt... Braxton Miller (is either hurt or a scratch from the roster) Ellington (theres a reason we got him for 1-2 million (Hes also always hurt.. .Like seriously.. They better be getting deshaun watson more weapons...

#124 HOUSTON2017, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

That was with Rick Smith. Gaine might be different.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

Texans players recruited Hurns, Butler, and Graham. None of them came here. I don't think they were ever in talks with Graham. If there is a need at WR it is to backup Hopkins. The depth chart looks something like this:
    WR1: Hopkins/???
    WR2(stretch): Fuller/Coates
    WR3(Slot): Ellington/Braxton

There are still options in free agency (Dontrelle Inman, Kamar Aiken, Brandon Tate, Eric Decker) and there is still the draft. I doubt a marquee WR like Bryant will accept a role as a 2nd stringer. You can try putting Dez in the slot but I don't think he has the speed and sure hands that is needed for that position. If you want to get more weapons for Watson, look for a TE or RB. They are thinner at those positions.

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

they have like 7 TE 's but none of them are any game changers - RB (cut Miller) and sign CJ Anderson)
    Imagine what Dez can do with Hopkins getting double teamed?

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

You don't need to cut Miller. They need a 3rd back. A #2 in case Foreman isn't ready to go.

Having Dez AND Hopkins in at the same time might work some times (red zone) but it is a waste other times. You have no downfield threat. Bryant isn't the receiver who can take a 5 yard pass and go for 30 anymore. What you want to do is have someone deep to draw the safety; have the TE/RB within 5 yards (ready to pull a NE and have them go long every now and then), and have your sure-hands receiver (Hopkins) run intermediate routes. That stretches the defense out. If not, the defense will just keep their defenders within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage.

9. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Cj Anderson would be nice + a TE like Marcedes Lewis (Although older in age) a way better TE / even in the Redzone than anybody we have.. I should would love for Deshaun Watson to have as many weapons possible

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Coach E

Coach E Member

3 WR sets are extremely common, basically it’s the most used personnel group. And you always play to your strength, we don’t have any amazing TEs so why use one or two a lot when we just don’t have the talent.

12. Coach E

Coach E Member

Uh oh. This isn’t good news.
    Hope this doesn’t mean Dez is going

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Didn't Brandon tell Dez there wasn't any room in NY for him? Then he gets cut. Has to be embarsssing for him.

14. seank1986

seank1986 Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh well...we smash them when we play.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Dez picks the Giants over Houston he really is a dumbass.

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

seriously. Odell has his own problems with the giants organization.. I doubt hes going there...

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Fisher:
    (radio, not twitter)

"Giants remain a possibility."
    "49ers make sense."
    "Ravens, Bill, Saints are looking at how this might work."

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Most Wrs are divas...TO & Ochocinco all over

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

What is he supposed to do? Beg Gaine and sit and wait?

red5rocket likes this.