1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Notice how it says “ESPN sources” and not ‘league sources’, ‘Cleveland sources’, or ‘sources close to LeBron’

Windhorst is LeBron’s mouthpiece at ESPN, not Haynes. And Woj typically gets nothing out of LeBron’s camp.

D-rock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Haynes is connected to the warriors and is known for reporting solid, accurate information, not clickbait.

He is THE must follow during the off-season if you are interested in information about someone that the warriors are also interested in.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Look what you just said, this is likely coming from the Warriors side, not LeBron’s.

The Clippers “were in play for LeBron” on Monday and on Tuesday “there’s no chance of LeBron to the Clippers”.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I really don’t see the hype for Lebron.

Dude is washed. Replace Harden on Cavs as constructed today and Cavs are 1st in East.

hakeem94 and gogispade like this.
  8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

If by washed you mean disengaged then sure.

The guy still is elite athletically. He will be for the next 3-4 years.

hakeem94, bilaal14 and Spacemoth like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Lebron was here our defense would be elite

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If you cannot take a little drama. . . get out the pool

Capt. Picard: I understand what you've done here, Q. But I think the lesson could have been learned without the loss of 18 members of my crew.

Q: If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid.

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ex-Cavaliers GM David Griffin says LeBron James doesn’t run the team

"It’s not true at all. He doesn’t want to have that role. He doesn’t really want to do those things. He is obsessed with winning basketball games. What he wanted to do was lead the guys in the locker room and be as good as he can possibly be. He spends more time on his body and getting himself mentally and physically right than any player I’ve ever seen.

The reason people perceive that is because he was on one-year deals, because he is the best player of his generation, and the natural assumption is they won’t do anything to upset him. So if they do that, he must want that. The reality is there were several things we did because it was the right thing to do. And certainly I would go to him and ‘Listen, this is why we’re going to do that.’ Just as I did with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving.

There was never a time where LeBron said ‘I want X, Y, Z.’"

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04...-says-lebron-james-doesnt-run-the-team-video/

Deuce, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not totally washed, I agree his athleticism tops that of Harden even at age 33. Guy is a brawny high flyer.

He won't spend his energy on just scoring any more I guess. It makes him settle into a Pippen role entirely instead of

Robertson/Magic and little Hakeem.

#452 daywalker02, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He has the audasity to want to control his own destiny
    rather than be tied to a team
    General consensus with athletes is
    1. We want them to shut up and play
    2. YET!!! Say something different that the same ole cliche's . . until they say something we don't like
    3. Submit to the will and whims of ownership

I have no issue with LeBron
    and
    I guarantee he and Morey will get along great

Rocket River

jbasket, hakeem94, Plowman and 5 others like this.
  14. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

bron shoulda just grabbed his stuff after being humiliated by the rox and put it on the houston team bus. then grabbed anderson's **** and toss it in cavs locker room and leave ryan on the tarmac in cleveland.

jbasket, hakeem94, SS0101 and 3 others like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Amick:

Another trip to the Finals could always change the landscape, but all signs point to James leaving Cleveland. So, barring his faith in Gilbert being renewed in the next four months, where does he go? That part remains unclear.

While we have chronicled the many reasons why the Houston Rockets are a viable possibility, the Lakers scenario remains front and center in the minds of many league executives. And even with George saying recently that he’s happy in Oklahoma City, there is still a strong sense in some circles that he’ll jump at the chance to partner with James while playing for his hometown team in July.​

D-rock, bilaal14 and Vivi like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi, thanks for posting that. Does not surprise me. And why LeBron would fit in well with Houston and Morey. Morey does a good job of taking the pulse of his stars. There is alignment.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  17. gogispade

gogispade Member

I agree with u. Really dont wanna see somekind of "my team" clash between Lebron and Harden while this roster is playing so awesome. I doubt that Lebron would come here and said "This is Hardens playground, im just here to help".

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That is NBA royalty in H-town!

If LB has any dignity/ pride he will NOT go to the Warriors. He will go to Houston and help them repeat as champions or if it's this year help us win the first ship post- dream.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  19. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

Here is a very comprehensive reddit post that details the salary cap mechanics involved in landing LeBron. There are obviously a lot of moving parts, but this piece lays out the obstacles Morey will face very well:

joeson332 likes this.
  20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

"Not the favorites even with LBJ". That's funny. ^^^^

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.