1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If healthy can the Rockets win a 7-game series with the Warriors as currently constructed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 30, 2018.

?

Can we beat GS in 7-game series as currently constructed?

1. Yes, definitely

2. Probably yes

3. Probably no

4. Definitely no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No. Our offense structure is gimmicky and our defense prioritization is last to none.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I think we can, because we have Zhou who can stop Durant this year.

D-rock, Remlap and justtxyank like this.
  3. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I voted YES , for some reason I believe in this squad .

Houstunna, D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Last to none? Does that mean we aren't last when compared to anyone else?

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I was thinking about Ariza when he was out and Luc started. I thought he did a better job on D and attacking the basket. I even think Luc has been a better add than Tucker. It seemed like when he went out the team lost a magic ingredient. During that time Paul, Harden, and Capela went out too so you can read too much into it put I feel like when Luc is playing healthy minutes there seems to be something really good there. That being said, it makes it much more palatable to roll Trevor into a trade to upgrade the power forward. The only issue there is being realistic, what team is Trevor really going to be more valuable to than the Rockets? A trade needs to be valuable to both teams and Trevor would only work on a contender or somebody shedding cap space next year. If shedding cap space you sure as hell don't want Ryno so that would make it a three way trade. My god, Ryno still has 3 years of 20 million after this year, WHAT A F***ING ALBATROSS of a contract. I would love it Ryno if they were paying him 3 million because that is about what he is worth.

Fix that achilles and I feel more comfortable about Golden State. Good luck with that Morey *spanking his ass as he walk by like if he was a 1950's secretary*.

D-rock likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'm utterly amazed that so many fans think we have a realistic chance.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc they don't? i would think anyone that has watched them consistently this season would know they have a chance.

i can only imagine had the rockets gone 0-3 this year against GS, people would just be saying start over from scratch and trade everyone.

9. TheRealAllpro

Post season basketball is completely different and this is the first year of this core.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

INB4 trade Ander..oh wait

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok. so if the first year of this core is being used as an excuse, they shouldn't be beating these teams then correct

to me first year of a core would apply to guys who have little to zero experience, that have yet to experience the playoffs but the entire roster checks that box and the core definitely has several years

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If healthy can the Rockets win a 7-game series with the Warriors as currently constructed?

[​IMG]

#32 don grahamleone, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Too much Deification of The Warriors

Of Course we can beat them

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

"Probably no" because the Warriors are still the favorites against any team, and they will have home court. But we have as good a chance to beat them as anyone does at the moment.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

All the whiners. . . .
    We've taken 2 out of 3 from them this year.
    How can REAL ROCKETS FANS say we don't have a chance?

[​IMG]

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  16. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

The most realistic/feasible thing I think we can do is add another backup pg just to give cp3 adequate rest and not risk injury before the playoffs. I can tell he's obviously taking off some games just not to put too much on himself this early in the season so if we had a serviceable backup who could just be there to play 10-15 min to spell cp on those games he wants to use as "rest games" that might be okay. All he'd have to do is be able to shoot open 3s and get the ball up half-court.

That's not my ideal thing, but that's prob just a low risk & possible move.

Of course an upgrade at the 4 is important but I have no idea who's even available and if we have the right pieces to trade with them.

17. TheRealAllpro

Durant> Harden Curry > Cp3. Green> Capela. Thompson > Gordon

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The Rockets are gonna paint their masterpiece...
    [​IMG]

D-rock and Rocket River like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

when did basketball become one on one matchups out of 4 people from each team.

20. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

As currently constructed, the Warriors are the better team and that would show over the course of a 7-game series. Rockets would need a timely injury or two to a core member of the Warriors to equal the playing field. Outside the obvious matchup problems, Nick Young and David West off the bench are two Warriors that seem to give us trouble in terms of our matchups and is something that should be addressed whether its changes to the rotation or the scheme. If we have any chance, our bench needs to at least obliterate their bench.