1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democratic Senator Al Franken - Sex Accusations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trump's allegations were before he was elected and Franken's after. They're both scumbag creeps but your position makes no sense.

deadlybulb likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a stretch to say that if allegations came out before an election that it's ok, but not if it comes out after???

No Republican that supports Trump has any right to call for Franken's resignation.

Invisible Fan and JayGoogle like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yes because we're talking about an election where the people voted to accept or ignore allegations. Does it make sense to ban you for a post that you did several years ago after which no consequences ensued until now? That said, personally I would permaban you because you offer nothing to this community but even I would admit that banning you way after the fact makes no damn sense just like you.

4. Buck Turgidson

So who had Charlie Rose in Sexual Misconduct Bingo? Mark your sheets accordingly.

Invisible Fan and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not calling for his resignation. If you want to keep him so bad then so be it.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like... you do understand his statement has NOTHING to do with his desire to keep Franken?

His statement has something to do with the common phrase "can't throw stones from a glass house".

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wouldnt it be better to have as many people behind a resignation if you want one? Or should Trump supporters not have the right to an opinion about sexual assault because Trump was convicted of all of those sexual assualt charges?

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

...and I guess my condemnation of Roy Moore is invalid because Trump.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

never in my wildest dreams would i have figured charlie freaking rose was a bigger pervert than bill oreilly.

out of all the men who have been outed i have to say this one is the most unexpected.

im glad this is happening though...drain the swamp, expose the creeps and hopefully prevent other creeps from doing this crap.

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

He just always came across as so erudite, classy and smooth, then we find out he's basically been all "look at my dick, b!tch" in reality.

Can't wait to find out who's next!

AroundTheWorld and jo mama like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never said he should be kept. Just saying that if you support Trump and can overlook the many many accusations of sexual abuse against him then you should be defending Al Franken.

I am not a Trump supporter. I am not defending Franken. I am seeking that people be consistent in their judgments.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think Franken will resign and I think Moore will be elected. They're both reflective of the times we are in for different reasons.

I hope there is some closure and punishment to these allegations (if mostly true). But this **** has been in the news too long and I don't really care to get caught up in it.

That should be some snl skit of it weren't true

#292 Invisible Fan, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Funny thing is that's what some conservatives try to do here. I'm not saying their comparisons are always accurate, but the intent and principle is the same, even if they're not overt about it.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

These women were brave in stepping forward - no need to disparage their attractiveness.

Os Trigonum and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This is not the time for jokes.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

with Franken you don't even have the dilemma of having to defend him to preserve his vote; governor is a Democrat and he can be replaced with someone just as reliable ideologically

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Franken should resign, Trump should as well, but he will bring disgrace with his impeachment. Roy Moore should be shot.

DD

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I look at each situation individually. I have always believed the accusations against Cosby because of the pattern.

I don't believe any of the stuff against Trump because there wasn't a pattern. It's just random claims and some are pretty ridiculous.

That being said Franken maybe a serial butt grabber. I still dude with Franken

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Franken should not have to resign. He is not a predator, unlike Moore.