1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should citizen statue topplers be prosecuted?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 16, 2017.

?

Should citizen statue topplers be prosecuted?

1. Yes

71 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Yes, but they are heroes

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Yes, but only only for a misdemeanor

9 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No....it's "If you are a halfway decent person, you have to oppose white nationalists AND AntiFa"

Everyone talks about "punching a Nazi"......well "punching a Commie" is a thing too.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You may need a refresher on bigotry. I tolerate your opinions daily. One of us(not me) resorts to name calling.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

says the guy who called ben shapiro a scumbag based solely on him being jewish. lol

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh right, the intolerance of intolerance line. Conservative crap logic, a real specialty.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

He's a bit unhinged. In one reply to me, he said "Don't be a p***y." before he phantom edited it. It's not worth it to stoop to that level.

6. CometsWin

The one where you were saying we should just ignores Nazis. Ha

Hey fam, we're just going ignore the folks who want to eradicate our very existence. It'll be fine

Clearly unhinged. Watch me as I make excuses for Nazis, very calmly and rationally. And nicely, very nicely. Derp.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What did I say that triggered you to call me a Nazi? The daily wire link?

Serenity now.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You don't completely agree with him thus in his mind, you are a Nazi. He's simple like that.

9. CometsWin

Yep, triggered. Any other conservaspeak language you got? Snowflake, virtue signaling, or alt left. Go. It's so fashionable for you guys right now.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. hlcc

hlcc Member

I'm aware of the the laws that extended benefits to confederate soldiers & their families, however I don't think any of those laws actually reclassified any of them as US veterans.
    I personally don't view removing statues honoring the confederacy as attempting to erase history. The vast majority of these statues in question was created 50-80 years after the civil war ended as part of a revisionist attempt to rewrite/rephrase history. Also they are not destroying most of these statues, they are just moved to less prominent locations.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see it as honoring the Confederacy so much as it is just taking note of American history that took place in some of those sites....and IMO statues of Lenin in the US are MUCH more objectionable and there are at least 5 of them in major cities. There's absolutely no excuse for one of those to exist.

A statue of a Confederate officer in his home state? Sure, why not? A statue of Lenin? It's no different than a statue of Hiter existing in the US. As long as they exist, we have no business tearing down any statues.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Haven't read past the OP, and didn't have to. Of course they should be prosecuted. It is an act of vandalism.

14. hlcc

hlcc Member

Are any of those Lenin statues you mentioned on government property though? Based on a quick wikipedia search, it seems like all of the US based Lenin statues are on private property. All of the confederate statues that's already remove/being removed/considered for removal are on government property (courthouses, government buildings, public schools, parks etc). As far as I'm concerned, statues or monuments honoring the confederacy or confederate soldiers have no place in a government courthouse, building, school, park etc. On the other hand, if you want a Lenin or confederate statue on a private property,,,, than go right ahead.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yes they should be prosecuted

yes the statue should be taken down

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yes, and they likely will be.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Looks like the courts have work to do

Rashmon, Amiga and mdrowe00 like this.
  18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Forrest Gump will run to pick up his Grand Daddy's remains before they can smash it up!!! Run Forrest Run!!!

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

That is America.

Invisible Fan and mdrowe00 like this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so then you would support Hitler statues being in public view so long as they were on private property then? Solid.