1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

my quick take (massive spoilers)
    1. It was amazing finally seeing characters who never interacted before finally interacting. Tourmand and the Hound were hilarious. Mad respect to Jon and Jorah when Jon offered Jorah's family sword back, but Jorah refused saying that he deserves it more.

2. Arya is being overly paranoid from a third party view but I can understand her frustration and lack of trust also. I think she was really hoping that Jon was at Winterfell and she definitely has far more loyalty towards Jon than Sansa. It's rather touching but also kinda creepy. I eventually think the Stark sisters will out clever Little Finger.

3. I thought the first ambush fight was too quick and easy. It seemed to easy for Jon to kill that White Walker. Maybe Jon is just that good but I would have thought that an ancient supernatural warrior would put up a better fight. But we did learn something new. Kill a White Walker and all the zombies they turned personally will 'die'.

4. So this is where many people are going to really be irked by the time dynamics of the episode. It really is unclear how long the group waited in that isolated hill around the frozen lake but it couldn't have been more than 2 days. So that's roughly 2 days for a raven to go down to Dragonstone from Eastwatch and a Dragon to fly back up North of EastWatch and that's assuming Danny left AS SOON as she received the raven which can make sens I guess do to the romance dynamic. She obviously left immediately out of concern for Jon.

5. So after this point, its pretty predictable but I'm not complaining because IT WAS EPIC. Yes, Dany comes to save them in the literal last second and yes it was a bit cliche but for 5 seasons the show has **** on our favorite characters. I'm all down for one season where we see some actual payoff. I love how Jon just had to show off in front of Dany and didn't immediately climb up Drogo, bur rather cleared a path for the rest. You could see Dany really wanting him to just turn around and get on the Dragon.

6. When the Night King threw the spear, I have to admit, this was one of the worst done parts in the episode. The Night King had horrible form on his throw and it just didn't look right.

7. YA, so it's pretty much confirmed that Dany and Jon are going to do the dirty sometime real soon. She saw him shirtless with all his scars. Probably added 2+2 and realized that Davos was being literal. Oh and Jon Snow decides to bend the knee and they hold hands. Touching if we didn't know that they are aunt and nephew.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

It's not hard to use the "Leaked thread"

3. MystikArkitect

What's with these leaked responses? There was another thread strictly for this. Can these posts be deleted and moved?

don grahamleone, BigM and K mf G like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Just don't look... or watch the episode

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Oops! I hope I make it to Sunday! haha

6. MystikArkitect

Understood but there was a damn thread made for specifically this purpose!

don grahamleone and BigM like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, just DON'T POST THEM HERE instead. Because there's a SEPARATE place for that, FAM.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Just to confirm, is the leak not in English? I don't want to read

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

I watched the leaked episode. it's in english. stops right before the full credits but it's the entire episode. 1 hr 10 mins. good quality.
    Best episode this season in terms of suspense.

AB423 likes this.
  10. cebu

cebu Member

The leak was in spanish version. there was no dragon but bulls.

ghettocheeze, Invisible Fan and Sajan like this.
  11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

The version I saw was HD 1080p in English. It was much better than the leak from episode 4.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lol true. I just saw that.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If Melo leaks of bs news Deserve Their Own Threads ... GoT leaks Deserves Its Own Thread. I'm serious.

In fact, what better PSA than to start one per leak, like [Games of Thrones] Ep 6 leaked. Links, reviews and chat here.

Are the Spoiler Thumpers afraid of the Thread Creation Police now...so deliciously ironic. Lulz

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You've already said too much! Ban @Sajan!

K mf G likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Bad, awful, dirty relationship between brother and sister:
    [​IMG]
    Boooo!!!!!

Good, clean, fun budding relationship with sexual tension between an aunt and her nephew:
    [​IMG]
    Yay!!!

What's George RR's deal with incest? Seems like it's a thing for him.

ghettocheeze and Sajan like this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's a thing in a lot of societies until pretty recently. George read a lot of Medieval history and drew inspiration from every aspect of it (down to the cuisine-- read the books and count how many times lamprey pies are mentioned). European royalty had plenty of incest, resulting in...

[​IMG]

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wasn't it a thing with kings and queens for a long time??

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm down with season 8 being only 5 episodes. but 2 hours each, with the finale being 3 hours long.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun need to spoiler this but Bending the Knee is so overrated now.

Would have done it just to mine that Dragon Glass.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree with Herrera, Incest was pretty common back in the medieval days. All those genetic defects coming to light.