1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Leak Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Aug 4, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

I gave my wife a hard time for skipping over the Musafa murder scene in the lionking, when my four year old son, at the time, first saw it.
    Once I saw what bron was up to, I skipped the ending of this episode . i'll leave it there.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If I can't or won't wait I am not loyal?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You shouldn't have.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Not gonna link the post I am replying to in the other thread:

But Dad Tarly and Rickon/Dickon/Smickon will get roasted for not bending the knee to Dany.

5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The conversation between Tormund and the Hound in episode 6 is the best. The one with Arya and Sansa, the worst.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They probably should have leaked everything at once and at a decent quality.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@The Stig here's the spoiler tag free zone that was started for leaked episode chat

The Stig likes this.
  8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

A lot of tension, not a lot of action... until the end of course.

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks @heypartner!

Have a lot of y'all seen it? I couldn't help myself because I was really hoping that none of the magnificent 7 died and had to find out today

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

One of , if not the best episodes of the entire series. Vicerion's death was absolutely brutal...they way played it out frame by frame really made us feel for him. Probably the saddest death on the show by far.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Now the Night King has a dragon, and he can kill a dragon by himself. Also why didn't he kill drogon. He was siting right there. Instead he wanted a kill a flying dragon. By all accounts the Night King is super smart.

The first few seasons of GOTs were mostly grounded. Heros died no super crazy things happened. Now we have Ben Jen riding in saving Jon Snow out of nowhere, Ravens flying at the speed of light, and Dany teleporting her dragons. Why didn't she have her dragons breath fire at Night King?

#31 Air Langhi, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Invisible Fan, B-Bob and mario_v like this.
  12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Then the story would be over. LOL. That's the short end of it.

I was sort of thinking Jon Snow might be captured by the Night King and somehow be given the authority to lead the army of the dead and be the dragon rider of Viserion even. Instead of Jon Snow being the protaganist, he becomes the main antagonist of the show and we finally get an understanding of the motives of the White Walkers. Provide a lot of muddled gray area morality behind the White Walkers to make them not be full evil and make the audience not feel sure who to root for by the time the series is over. I remember reading this one book theory that compared A Song of Ice and Fire to Ragnarok and I really liked that theory of perpetual war in an endless cycle between the White Walker's God vs the red God R'hllor. It would have made for an interesting twist. That said I'm good with how the episode played out despite my failed guess where the episode was gonna go.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They would still have the kings landing story with NK dead.

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

The show got too mainstream. You got to please the casual fans who just want to see action.

fba34 likes this.
  15. AB423

AB423 Member

Holy **** what an episode!!!

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's gotten exciting and fun to watch. But it's nothing ground breaking story wise anymore.

Invisible Fan, B-Bob and fba34 like this.
  17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

So not only does the Night King have the Undertaker's power of raising his arms and things happen, but apparently he was also an Olympic javelin thrower in his previous life. Had to roll eyes when I saw that.

B-Bob and fba34 like this.
  18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

That episode had the worst dialogue of any episode yet. They couldn't even make a conversation between Thormund and the Hound be entertaining. I can't even remember what they talked about, but I was bored. Every conversation by the party north of the wall was terrible as was the conversations between Sansa and Arya.

19. AB423

AB423 Member

He wasn't that good, he missed the 2nd time.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I won't lie, I screamed "holy sh*t" when old mate white walker bear fodder was running back to the group and then out of the blizzard jumps another bear. That was brutal.

Thoros sliding his hand along the blade and it subsequently catching alight was great.

Tormund's face when talking about Brienne is hilarious. I'm happy they are in main character save mode and he didn't get taken into the water.

After the ravens went supersonic all the way to Dragonstone, I was giddy like a little school kid when Dany told Tyrion she is not going to sit around and do nothing again, and off went the dragons.

But, how awesome would it have been if Dany is just talking to Tyrion out on the cliff, and all of a sudden Drogon screeches and launches himself into the air. Shocked, Dany jumps on one of the other dragons to follow, and then is lead all the way to North of the Wall and Drogon on his own starts wrecking the Wights... that would've been bad ass.

So let down with the Night King being able to kill a dragon just by reliving his high school quarterback days. They have their ice dragon now though I guess, and I cannot wait to see how that plays out in the future.

daywalker02 likes this.