1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2017

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jul 7, 2017.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

what a screamer!

TheMystery008 likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jozy impressive kick. I didn't know he had that! I was wondering why he was even taking it.

3. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just got home turned it and was happy that US was up 1. 3 seconds later 1-1. Wtf haha

5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

USMNT's B and C defenders as well as nearly all of the MLS players are useless

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Omar Gonzalez has been the player of the tournament for team USA. I think he steps up again here.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why doesn't USA foul on these counters?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

boom goes the dynamite.

9. don grahamleone

Gold Cup Champs!!!

10. don grahamleone

Why don't they just hand the refs cash at the ceremony instead of a gold medal?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jordan Morris, apology accepted!!!!

Nice win for the USA, qualified for the playoff to go to the next Confederations cup, win the GC in 2 years and we are in.....good job Arenas.

Lots of young players - some real future help.....Nagbe, Morris to name 2.....

DD

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Great game

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Good stuff. USA!

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What are the best sites or stores to get soccer jerseys? I want to get my 7 year old a couple Pulisic jerseys. Most likely two national team. I'd probably get a Dortmund one but the "Dortmund" on the back in big bold letters looks stupid to me.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I buy cheap ones from China on Amazon, they are like $20. I thought they would be garbage, so I just ordered 1 Chelsea jersey to see how it was and they are actually fairly well made.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Congratulations, USA. You were the best team in the tournament. :cool:

When Blake was hurt... I told those who were interested: "Yeah, hand the Cup to the USA already... no way Jamaica wins without their best player in the most important game." Sure enough, Miller tried a bit but couldn't stop Altidore's shot, and wasn't long and fast enough for Morris'.

Way to make use of the rules. The reinforcements won the Cup for y'all. I think this was the same as the 2013 Cup. If you make it to the Confederations, you won't have a good team for the tournament. Same thing happened to y'all in 2009. It was low-quality all around for even the most powerful (Costa Rica, Honduras) teams.

This tournament should be every four years AND in different host countries. When it's only in one place, and so often, you can tell it's all about the money.

#96 SwoLy-D, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  17. 713

713 Member

Pullisic didn't play?

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

None of the European based players were called in as they're in preseason mode with their club teams.

It's always good to win hardware. This tournament was pretty weak in terms of star power and level of play. Yes, the US made good use of the rules to reinforce the roster and it certainly was the reason we won. I'm not sure how someone can say in 2017 that we won't have a good team for a tournament we haven't yet qualified to play in that won't be held until 2021. Just basing it off of the fringe players they used in this tournament is very short sighted as it assumes they have no ability to improve in 4 years and that there wouldn't be others that weren't called in (Pulisic will be a whopping 22) that might contribute.

Anywhoo...it's good to win trophies. 2 incredible goals for us. Altidore's free kick was perfect and Morris' goal was a screamer. We pushed the tempo for much of the game and really should've had more. Miller made some nice saves to keep them in the game until the end.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice to see the USA back on the uptick.

This was a lot of 2nd team players from the USA and Mexico side, but that was Jamaica's best, and the USA was missing a ton of their top players....based in Europe.

So, overall a win is a win.....now we need to get qualified for the WC - and start building....I can already see Pulisic and Nagbe in the middle with Bradley below them......in the HM role.....

Oh boy, can't wait.

DD

20. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

Wait didnt we finish 2nd place in 2009 confeds? Was up 2-0 on Brazil at half but gave up 3 goals in the 2nd half if my memory is right