1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are tied for second in most NBA Regular Season Wins, last 10 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Oh come on DD. 2 years ago we were clearly a contender. You don't think this Rockets team could have beat the Cavs? Without looking we lost the first 2 games at GS by like a combined 5 points or something?

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Also, tied for 8th in number of championships won in the same time span...

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

the Rox 20 year RECIPE championship recipe

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I wonder what the Rox record would've been if they had Lou Williams at the start of the season and not Brewer.

Rox I "think" are in the top 10 on Defense since Jan of this year??

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No we weren't. I never thought that team was good enough, and never believed we could stick with the Warriors. It was a pretender - not a contender.

A contender you think has a real chance.......this team has it, though I would not say they are favored they are more of 4th place contender behind.

1. Golden State
    2. Cleveland
    3. San Antonio

Those 3 teams have a better chance than us, we have a chance, but are not going to be favored, too many holes in our team.

DD

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Gary Pettis is waiving us home guys, run!

desihooper likes this.
  7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

There is no way we will beat either the Spurs or Warriors in the playoffs this year.
    2 years ago after game 1 against GState, everyone thought we had a chance to win that series.

I would agree on the Yao - Lakers game 7 season.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honest DD . . .did you think the 94-95 team was good enough?

Rocket River

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

He's a fat lib-tard

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I don't understand the mentality that if you don't win a championship then the season is a failure. The Rockets have been a fun team to watch for most of the last 20 years. We always had talent and had hope that IF all the players overachieved just a little, we'd make a run (e.g. 2015). I'm thankful I don't live in Charlotte and Sacramento. Got it, we're not the Spurs. Moving on.

11. caneks

caneks Rookie

It is nice, typical thing from Morey. Like that claim of being a wining team without making playoffs.

12. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

Three Texas teams in the top 4...4 of the top 6 are in the same division....5 of top 6 are in the west. All of this makes being in that group more impressive. Gotta give the props.

I'm surprised Miami is as low as it is in Wade and Big 3 era.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  13. benvolio007

benvolio007 Member

For the Rockets, I think this very impressive rank stems from the amazing transition from Yao/McGrady teams to Harden Inc. Got to have some luck but that was an amazing rebuild.

14. caneks

caneks Rookie

This team is not contender, and will not be in foreseeable future. It does not matter how many wins in regular season.

deshen likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

then why are you even following them

16. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The dude does not agree with this assessment. The Warriors minus Durant or with Durant less than 100% can be beaten by this Rockets team. Even if Durant comes back 100% for the playoffs (which he won't), the Rockets have proven that they can beat that team as well and on the road.

Also, in 3 out of the 4 games against the Spurs this season the Rockets have had double digit leads and blown them. You could argue that if not for mental lapses the Rockets would be 3-1 against the Spurs right now, at worst 2-2 because in the last game the refs totally screwed the Rockets in the final minutes. Regardless, all of the games we've played against the Spurs have been very close down the stretch.

#36 Tha_Dude, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  17. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

He doesn't want to remind ppl of only 3 playoffs series wins in the same time frame.

That aside, it's very admirable that the rockets under Les have always tried to field a competitive team and never tanked. They would rather finish with the ninth seed than tank.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I did, but had my doubts, because we had the best 2 way player in the league in Hakeem, and knew Drexler would be hungry.

I felt that team would get better and better the more they played together.

DD

19. caneks

caneks Rookie

you asked this kind of question because you only follow or love a team that are contender?

deshen likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

From your post you shouldn't even bother following