1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we gonna ignore the worst call in the history of the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Nov 21, 2016.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

I thought there would be already a thread about it but this is the worst call I've seen so far.
    If the guy who controls the clock started on time, Ross would've shot earlier. Dwayne Casey furious as fuuu lol but with reason. I'd be mad as well. Seems like these refs are still gambling

Lar likes this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If the rule states the clock starts as soon as the ball gets touched, well that's what happens....

3. DMO (DJ remix)

Raptors are notorious for getting screwed like this, they have like 3+ games every year lost by last second referee ''mistakes''

4. ch44

ch44 Member

Do you honestly think Ross would have shot the ball earlier if the clock starter earlier? Did he check the time and wait half a second to release it or something? He got his shot off as quick as he could. If the time started right, the whole thing would be swept under the rug.

5. DMO (DJ remix)

Bruh, let's not speculate.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

You guys realize he shot it with .5 sec left right? People on Reddit have done the time with the deflect and it took .4 off from the deflection so he actually would have shot it with .1 left. However there's no way there should have been enough evidence to overturn the call into having the shot waived off

7. BackdoorHarden

saw that game last night. strange ending. They should have left the game with 1.1 seconds left for the Raptors.

Yes, he might have shot the ball earlier if the clock was running, who knows

8. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

People on Reddit did the time... sounds legit.

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber, Houstunna and ramotadab like this.
  9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Its all over reddit

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Seemed correct to me

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Weird call, they should have replayed that ****

I don't feel bad though Raptor fans are the whiniest of all whinies in the NBA

BigShasta likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

Horrible decision and I hope at the very least the NBA issues an apology.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think it's the correct call

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Exact same thing happened in Rox vs Philly game a few night ago? That Philly dude hit a buzzer beater 3 and it got retracted?

15. trilliamz

trilliamz Member

Wish they could've made that call a with us a few years ago vs Portland. They would've seen that the clock didn't even start till Lillard was starting his shooting motion.... but whatever

16. nemac

nemac Member

Very annoying rule and review but is probably the correct call as it seems there was about 0.5 - 0.6s between the tip and the start of the clock. 2.0 on the catch - 0.5 delay - 1.5 to get the shot off = 0

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

like someone mentioned, the rockets just had a shot by philly overturned because the clock didn't start. so i assume that is the procedure. whether some "human reaction" should be built in to the start time, i don't know. but the procedure seems to be consistent. i guess you could replay it, but then that's just asking for replays of all sorts of plays where it's deemed that human reaction wasn't fast enough.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If the people running the scorers table weren't on Reddit every day, this might be funny.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I mean . . . isn't this what the 2 minutes report is about
    They messed up . . . they let it play

I mean I remember the 2 minutes report that Harden got fouled on a last minute shot in Memphis
    The Refs basically said so at the end of the game . . . but they did not get a replay or free throws

The NBA is PICKY about who gets hosed and who gets the benefit of these calls

Rocket River

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So we're mad at the refs for correctly enforcing the rules?

jamisonrocket likes this.