1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Absolutely. As a Baylor fan, if a day goes by and you have the privilege to report anything that is not rape related you PLASTER that news everywhere. Sing it from the mountain tops. FIRE UP THE JET TRACKER. KEEP HITTING REFRESH. HERMAN IS COMING.

2. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

Actually if you actually knew UH athletics Rhoades didn't hire Herman. He wanted to keep Levine. timman fertita was the one who hired Herman.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Not really.

From what I understand, Tom isn't especially close to Mack.

It is a good hire for Baylor though. He is an outsider and did a solid job at Houston, although Khator deserves a majority of credit for the growth of the athletic program.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We have an exciting season to look forward to. We're still big 12 contenders. December will come when it comes.

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Coog High fans all butt hurt that Herman is probably coming to BU after this year.. Sorry

6. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

how original. never heard anyone refer to UH as Cougar High. :rolleyes:

7. sammy

I found it interesting that Rhoades mentioned that we have a premier coaching staff in his initial statement. That leaves me with hope that Kendall Briles will get a fair shake at taking over the football program heading into the next season.

The recruits will be back.

8. Mattj

Mattj Member

Baylor just hired Forest Gump. Congrats. This is the guy who hired James Dickey and Tony Levine. There is a common pattern with this guy. The places he leaves are not upset when he's gone. Go check a Mizzou or UH board. People are laughing. I know Baylor is desperate, but man Mack is an empty suit.

9. sammy

Again.. Levine got paid peanuts. Apples to oranges, Matt. Briles is rumored to have made $6 MM last season alone. Money talks.

You guys seem salty about this guy. Per the course by UH fans for anybody that leaves their University. Y'all will be talking crap about Herman at some point. It's just inevitable.

10. Mattj

Mattj Member

No, that's my point. No one at UH was upset when he left. Plenty were mad when Briles left and Sumlin left, but Mack is a nothing burger. Mizzou athletes, alums, and fans could not be happier that he is leaving. Mack will do nothing for 3 years and then use Baylor sanctions as his excuse. Now I hope that he hires UH Associate AD Jeremiah Dickey as his 2nd in command....another empty suit.

11. sammy

I'm sure he did nothing to help get that stadium built.

12. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

ummm its a reason why us UH fans didnt cry when he left to go to Mizzou. He isnt anything special. Jeremy Maclin just made a tweet saying he is happy. Mizzou athletes did the same thing.

If Herman were to leave I wouldnt be pissed. I actually have a good relationship with him when I worked for UH athletics as a student. He knows I would wish him well whereever he goes.

13. Buck Turgidson

“Hey, can you help me with this?”

14. sammy

Since the Herman talk came up, he did comment.

"Excited for him and this new challenge for him and the opportunity. I don't know much about that situation. We kept in touch, but only casually. I do know having researching him when I was interviewing for this job, he's done wonders here at the University of Houston. Took over and had a rough situation there at Missouri and made the best out of it. I'm sure he'll do that same there at baylor."

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

bwaaahahaha few will likely get this joke, but it's a timeless classic

Tate Pittman - just another part of that vaunted Aggie tradition

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Knew the girl he did that to. At least the yokels at TAMU ask permission instead of force it like they do in Waco. Yeeehawwwwww.

17. sammy

The old Ziggy is back. Talked all that crap before leaving to the SEC only to see A&M fall flat on their faces as expected. Those were fun times.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't really know much about OSU but yea it's hard to envision anybody other than OU or TCU winning it.

20. sammy