1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Bevs in your face defense is good against Lin because he doesn't have handles to handle pressure well. Usually he makes silly mistakes and turnovers.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If all the lin fans united in protest, the production of chicken mcnuggets would halt

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

What kinda racist **** is that

4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Charlotte vs. Houston this year:

Dec 21, 2015
    Lin: 13pts, 4FG - 6FGA, 5ast, 1to
    Bev: 11pt, 3FG - 9FGA, 1ast, 1to

Mar 12, 2016
    Lin: 16pts, 4FG - 9FGA, 4ast, 1stl, 0to
    Bev: 0pts, 0FG - 5FGA, 1ast, 2blk, 1to

Might want to re-think your assessment...

5. yoeddy

If Lin fans are chickens, what the heck are they doing making chicken mcnuggets? Is this soylent green??

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Pathetic. Amir had the balls to go up two weight classes to fight a dude who was the much bigger man, and he was still getting robbed on the scorecards. In boxing with all the ducking of opponents his courage should be commended

7. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsatan is desperate seeking uncle phampinoy shoeshine boy..... now go get your shoeshine bow!!!

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It wasn't for kicks, it was to change the subject. LOF deflection.

9. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Original or crispy?

10. CometsWin

I didn't ignore anything. Lin's shoots more free throws because he flops into the lane like a fish on a hook while Beverley is spacing the floor. Lin can't play offense unless he's running a top of the key pick and roll. Without using the pick and roll he's probably a third string option. Lin's TS% is .006 better than Beverley's simply by virtue of all the flopping. That's your big stud right there. .006%.

Of course you conveniently ignore Beverley's Offensive Rating per 100 possessions is 7 points better than Lin's and it's 10 points better than Lin in the playoffs. Beverley also leads Lin in Value Over Replacement, Box Plus/Minus, Defensive Box Plus/Minus, Offensive Box Plus/Minus, and Win Shares per 48 minutes.

I suppose if you want to win you'll play Beverley. If you want a bunch of nutso ignorant fans to jump on the bandwagon you'll play Lin.

11. CometsWin

No, you don't really understand and it's obvious you resort to empty rhetoric when you have nothing left that makes any sense.

12. CometsWin

I can read stats better than Eric Spoelstra apparently. LOL at you taking coach speak to mean anything. That's so LOF.

The context was provided when I noted regular season and playoffs. If your contention is that shooting 41% in the playoffs is great but shooting 41% in the regular season sucks then... mkay.

They're not my ORtg and DRtg, they're basketball reference's numbers. Argue with them. I used the same data set for both regular season and the playoffs which was my comparison. Maybe you should spend a little time understanding what you're talking about.

Offensive rating or offensive efficiency is a statistic used in basketball to measure either a team's offensive performance or an individual player's efficiency at producing points for the offense. It was created by author and statistician Dean Oliver.

For teams, the formula is: 100 x Pts / (Tm FGA + .40 x Tm FTA - 1.07 x (Tm ORB / (Tm ORB + Tm DRB)) x (Tm FGA - Tm FG) + Tm TO)[1]

For players, the formula is: Offensive Rating = (Points Produced / Individual Possessions) x 100

What it really boils down to is that you all want to provide your own context for your own cherry picked statistics because you are convinced of certain things that aren't in evidence to anyone else. You folks are the definition of delusion.

#10852 CometsWin, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

chickens are not a race, they are poultry.

lin fans are not chicken farmers, they are the chickens

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin got knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.
    Khan at least made it to 6 rounds

15. yoeddy

My apologies...It's just really hard to respond to ridiculous assertions like the ones you put out there. lmao!

16. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Bev is only good for football style hoops... not a bad thing if you can take out a leg and a wing. That`s hood ballin...all day along hommie!!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. GladVlad

GladVlad Member

Everyone can read stats. The funny part is that your delusional or just plain stupid enough to think that just because you can read stats, you know more about basketball than someone who is getting paid millions to coach it. The sad part is that you can't even see how moronic you sound.

Do you understand what the word cherry picking means? You do realize, I used the stats you chose?

My contention was that shooting 41% and scoring more points while having a higher TS% against one of the top defensive teams in a 7 game playoff series is better than shooting 41% while scoring less with a lower TS% in 81 games in the regular season. Is your reading comprehension really that bad? Also, again, I'm using the stats that you chose. Just a reminder, since you don't seem too bright.

What do you know. Not only can you read stats, but you can cut and paste. You realize that basketball reference shows an ESTIMATED offensive rating and the player formula you pasted is an abbreviated one? Do you actually know which stats are used and how they are weighted? Maybe if you take the time to try to understand what you are reading then you wouldn't sound like such a moron.

This last part is just too damn funny and ironic.

Let's see. Both coaches, commentators, t.v. analysts, players, and long time Hornet fans thought Lin played a good series overall. But, "you are convinced of certain things that aren't in evidence to anyone else", that Lin played horribly in the playoffs. It's so funny and ironic that you are the definition of delusional by your own definition.

18. yoeddy

I disagree. It's not sad. It's hilarious!

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/justin-lol-laughing-michael-jordon-26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

20. Tonnny

Tonnny Member