1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source of a Source: Morey is Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, May 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Maybe John calipari lol

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And let's not forget cyber called it first he made a thread saying les was angry and wasn't stopping

3. treeman

treeman Member

Source is... this thread? :rolleyes:

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[​IMG]

That guy isn't an insider, he's most likely a CF member trying to spread the rumor

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would be highly upset (and high in short order) if Mr. Alexander were to fire Daryl Morey, a brilliant GM. The sort of GM other teams would jump to hire were he set free. The GM who was given orders to rebuild while winning, something very, very hard to do. The GM who got us James Harden, the best 2 guard in the League, for a Snickers and some York Peppermint Patties. Who landed Dwight Howard while everyone and their uncle were trying to grab him. Who's team made the Western Conference Finals only last year. Nah, I'm not going for it. Les is smarter than that.

Isn't he?

7. brosef

brosef Member

Hope not true but if so who is out there who can fill that duel role? Jvg is the only one that comes to mind. Calipari I suppose.

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure, i honestly fear Les, but yeah, this would be a terrible move.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

sauce of a multiple sauce. too many cans

i guess im in the minority, but if a gm has proven to be successful and screws up, he should be given a chance to make up for it. getting out of this mess is a cakewalk. the dumbest cf poster can do it.

12. trilliamz

trilliamz Member

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Guess we will know soon enough - I would not be surprised either way - but the way the team played or didn't play this year, by not competing at times had to piss off Le$ - and that is a direct reflection on his organization which is led by Morey.

I think Morey is the kind of guy that if fired would come back stronger at his next job.

Le$ is the biggest problem with the Rockets - he has zero clue how to build a team/winner.....and his coaching picks (His and Morey's) have been going the wrong direction.

We will all have to see what happens next.

DD

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey's phone would be ringing off the hook within 5 minutes.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Morey wants Vogel, Les doesn't. That may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

What i don't understand anyway is, why would Les fire Morey? For bringing back the same group that went to the wcf last year when he was probably the first reason why the roster stayed the same? Seems strange...

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I think it would more likely be someone like D'Antoni than JVG. Leslie wants his up-tempo. LOL @ the posts here if that happens.

18. CertifiedTroll

Hope Morey realizes this and turns off his seat warmer.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure they're going to break everything cause they don't agree on the coach...from what we've already read the last call has always been on Les, why should we think this times is different?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Also, it would not surprise me that Le$ put an ultimatum on Morey for the team - about the playoffs or turning it around.

I recall saying that hiring McHale would be Morey's biggest mistake and that his career in Houston would be defined by that hire.

If this is true, I am betting the extension to McHale was a major issue - as Le$ will have to pony up for a few years while McHale does Television.

That extension was a major mistake and we were bidding against no one....

DD