1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Time to donwgrade Lin's great perfomance in the playoffs...

Oh, many fellows already did that... good boys

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Funny how every LOFH among Hornets fans love what Lin had showed up for them in the PO and hope he can stay and the haters here are still hating...

Looking into the mirror, what kind of a person you are?

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

funny how hornets won the 3 game Lin played well in. Funny how they lost all 4 where he didn't.

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So Lin has been the star player on his team all those years after all ...

5. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Well, that's better than not winning the games he's played well in.

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Some posters make everything about Lin, more so than Lin fans.

I mean they blame every loss on Lin. Every single loss.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin might be a non-Bird

but these stupid LOFs are chickens

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This thread never fails to reconfirm my opinion that people are stupid. :p

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that is Brave New Chicken for you

[​IMG]

10. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

might want to check what you are choking on, think you typed some thoughtless words without actually looking up the numbers.

11. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

amazing.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Dunno how anyone can say otherwise when there's video evidence.

13. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Staring guard Superstar. A higit Superstar as they say it.

14. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Apparently you are obsessed with chickens :grin:

15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Not sure how you're getting Bev's offensive numbers as "objectively better" when Lin averaged more points and more assists than Bev, along with better FG% and FT%.

Are you seriously saying that if you were starting a team today and had to choose between Lin and Bev for your PG, you would choose Bev? Seriously?

Lin was not treated fairly in Houston. Moving him to the 2nd unit was not an example of this IMHO. Given the team's commitment to Harden, the move made complete sense. The team rightfully featured Harden, and the needs at PG along side him are very specific...3 and D, which Bev does well. And the 2nd unit needed a playmaker, which Lin does well. Coming off the bench, Lin still got 28minutes per game, which is very high for a bench player...and indication of the quality of player he is. Where Lin was not treated fairly was in giving him a short leash for playing thru mistakes, as well as not supporting him in the media.

Spoelstra and much of the sports media also said Lin played great in the playoffs. Pretty funny, right?

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think he is best served playing the same role he did this season. I just don't think all the pressure heaped upon him if he starts serves his career well. Lin is not a "spotlight" type player no matter how much his fans want him to be. He needs to be able to just play his role and go about his business. That is why Charlotte was perfect for him. His confidence also is easily affected so he needs a coach whom he trusts and likewise. He would be making a mistake leaving Charlotte but i can't begrudge any athlete taking the money

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I agree with your point.

18. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Also, I don't blame Lin if he decide to seek a team that wants him to be their starting point guard and going for a bigger pay check. These next 2 to 3 years for lin will be his last chance for a bigger contact and to be a starter again. He can always fall back to his role as the sixth man after this last big pay day.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't either but to me it seems like being comfortable is just as important as money to Lin. Not like he is a guy who is an extravagant spender or will be looking to see "where all the money went" a few years after he retires so that puts him a a good position in terms of choosing a team. He is going to get a sizable raise from what he made this season regardless but I just think the 6th man role in a smaller market is how he is best served. He will struggle as a starter and that kills his confidence. Off the bench he can carve his niche and probably play another 5-8 years at the same level as he did last year.

We all know he is inconsistent so being yo-yo'd in and out of a starting line-up is not going to help at all. Coming off the bench they can ride his good nights and sit him down on his bad nights. Just fits his game much better.

1 person likes this.
  20. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Can't really disagree with your point. Who knows, maybe he will be back to Htown for one more try as the 6th men backup PG. However, that means all his extreme lofs will be back too...lol