1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick's Recent Activity

1. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

Of course it’s different. But my point was that even if the Yankees or Red Sox or dodgers had a whistle blower… the story would have...

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:05 PM
  2. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

Not the Yankees... but Astros-Dodgers had better ratings than Red Sox-Dodgers one year later. This is also before the sign stealing...

Mar 27, 2024 at 2:13 PM
  3. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

As they should... however in this case, apparently all Ohtani's camp has to do is say "no further comment", and that is that. At the...

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:58 PM
  4. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Spring Training 2024.

Time to close this thread?

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:39 PM
  5. Nick replied to the thread ATT Sportsnet channel (Astros).

To piggy back on this, amazon does seem to have access to MLB tv or MLB extra innings type games... and I was able to stream Sunday's...

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:02 PM
  6. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

More “lost in translation” media handling…. Maybe the media should bring their own translators now. It’s quite palpable the conflict...

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:54 PM
  7. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

At this point, the different narratives and changing of the story IS the story itself... Did he have his press conference yet?

Mar 25, 2024 at 11:37 AM
  8. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

Yes, I know that. I’m saying that when the dust settles, he’ll still be marketable….

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:56 PM
  9. Nick replied to the thread ATT Sportsnet channel (Astros).

Prime is supplementing the Bally's channels (Sinclair legacy channels), not the Astros channel. All the old fox sport channels that...

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:57 AM
  10. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Spring Training 2024.

"Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen!"

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:44 AM
  11. Nick liked Buck Turgidson's post in the thread [Official] Spring Training 2024.

Larry Anderson, Myles Straw, Josh Fields...Astros MVPs

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:44 AM
  12. Nick replied to the thread [Official] Spring Training 2024.

He can come back as a token cameo on broadcasts to personally answer the future trivia question… “How did the Astros acquire future HOF...

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:27 AM
  13. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

Draftkings and Fanduel will finally have their ‘men’s warehouse’ star player who can say “I’m not only the lead spokesman for these...

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:15 AM
  14. Nick replied to the thread The 2024 Baseball Season - Things to Come.

Well, they are in ****ing Korea. If the Astros had to start the season abroad, you bet your ass I'd want them to have a few days off.

Mar 21, 2024
  15. Nick replied to the thread Shohei Ohtani betting scandal?.

Theres a whole "lost in translation" element that will impact the narrative of this story in a way that mitigates.

Mar 21, 2024
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now