1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BimaThug
Last Activity:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:25 PM
Birthday:
Nov 25, 1977 (Age: 46)
Lawyer

BimaThug

Resident Capologist, Male, 46, from Houston, TX

Supporting Member
BimaThug was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:25 PM
    1. Slam Dunk
      Slam Dunk
      Thanks Bima for all your insight and excellent articles throughout the years. I've started following you on twitter! Go Rox!
    2. DaDakota
      DaDakota
      Bima,

Seriously - there is no need to run off like that, we just disagree about Nene, big deal. Please don't avoid writing that piece for Clutchfans, your contributions here are important, and I don't want to be the cause of you not contributing. Buck up young man, this is just a simple disagreement, it is not that important.
    3. jopatmc
      jopatmc
      However, on a private note. Don't you think a deal including Dally/Martin/Scola/Lowry for Dwight and all their trash is a very attractive deal for Orlando?? Attractive enough to force the Lakers to offer both Bynum/Gasol and/or the Clippers to offer up Blake/Deandre?

Call me crazy but I think we are in serious contention to acquire Dwight if Orlando decides to move him. And I think they are most likely to move him West rather than take that crap NJ deal.
    4. jopatmc
      jopatmc
      I saw that but I can't find it in anything to do with the CBA. Can't find the language pertaining to the 2012 dates in the CBA.
    5. jopatmc
      jopatmc
      Hey, answer a dumb question for me. When is Dally eligible to be traded and where do you find the answer?
    6. RedRedemption
      RedRedemption
      Alright. Thanks Bima!
    7. RedRedemption
      RedRedemption
      Quick question Bima,

How do you know all this information about the CBA and the NBA's system? Lol.
    8. BimaThug
      BimaThug
      No. Amnestied players claimed on waivers cannot be traded until July 1. For instance, the Clippers cannot trade Chauncey Billups, since he is in the last year of his contract and will become a free agent on July 1.
    9. dingus
      dingus
      Bima,

I posted in the NBA dish section, but my thread quickly got bumped down the chain, and this is really just a quick question that I trust you would know.

Q: Is it possible for an under the cap team that wins an amnesty auctioned player to immediately trade them?

ex: The Kings win the Billups auction with a bid of $5m/yr and then immediately shop him to the list of teams he is willing to play for, asking a relatively small return (2nd round pick, low level prospect, cash etc.)
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 25, 1977 (Age: 46)
    Lawyer

Interact

Signature

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/BimaThug

I may even say something worthwhile at some point.
  • About ClutchFans

Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

• Support ClutchFans!

If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!

Upgrade Now