1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like Deric is off to a nice start, but having to make a lot of saves.

Glad they got a result, but hoping they can tighten things up on D and create more scoring chances for themselves. All the "highlights" the past two games have been on defense, it seems.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think Horst being in the lineup has a lot to do with that. I don't know a ton about Raul who has been injured the past 2 games, but I do know that Horst is absolute garbage. I would still like to see Rico back there to sure up the central defense

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Horst actually had a decent game on Saturday with the exception of being responsible for the LA goal. Raul is a definite improvement, though.

What is (and has been since Stuart Holden left) the major problem with this team is there is no one in the middle that can hold the ball. Giles is probably the best we have at taking players on and he's playing up front. I wasn't terribly disappointed to see Rico Clark go out of the game. All he was doing in there was giving the ball away. Garcia is off to a terrible start, too. He can't seem to beat anyone off the dribble or complete a pass.

4. Beavis Stiffler

Talk about bad timing. Boniek (Honduras), Garrido (Honduras), Barnes (Jamaica), and Taylor (Jamaica) are out due to national team call-ups. I think I wish that MLS can follow the FIFA/UEFA schedule which is August-May.

I also have no idea on the injury status on Rico, DMB, and Raul if they are 100% ready for Saturday's game. It'll be interesting what kind of starting lineup Owen Coyle puts out on the field. I'm very sure guys like Corey Ashe, Alex Lopez, Zach Steinberger, and yes even Will Bruin (Please, God help us all) :eek: will get majority of minutes of playing time.

5. leroy

Deric named to MLS Team of the Week for the second time in the first 3 weeks (also week 1)...

[​IMG]

6. auma1

auma1 New Member

Hey guys! First time poster here on clutchfans and I was hoping I could get some insight. I want to take my girlfriend to a Dynamo game and I was wondering which, if any seats you guys would recommend. Seeing as the prices aren't too high, I'm not overly concerned with that..just looking for what would be the most fun. I'm considering getting some VIP field level seats but wanted to ask around to see if anyone had experienced that and if they would recommend it. I appreciate any tips in advance!

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Deric is a stud, and a hometown boy to boot. As I just stated in the USMNT thread, I hope his play continues to be strong and Klinsmann gives him a look for the national team as I think Deric will show soon that he is better than Rimando.

Sadly, I think Deric is going to be one of the few bright spots before Torres arrives... as a season ticket holder the first three games have been pretty painful to watch (despite not doing badly) because or offense is so anemic without a true quality striker.

8. leroy

I'm wondering what it will look like for a game without Garcia. I wonder if he isn't a big part of the problem because once the ball gets to him, it has typically only gone back to the other team. He's dribbling himself into trouble and not making the 1- or 2-touch pass when it's there.

9. Beavis Stiffler

I still have no idea what the starting 11 will look like tomorrow. Half of the key players are not here because of either injury or playing for their national team.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-03-28-houston-dynamo-vs-colorado-rapids/preview

FIFA International Absences/Called-up to National Team Duty:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...st-mls-international-callups-march-fifa-dates

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Rimando can't and shouldn't even be in Deric's vision. Rimando is so far up the pecking order(deservedly). First Deric needs to maintain his good form the entire season and then perhaps get past Luis Robles in the order, then perhaps he can surpass Sean Johnson in Klinsmann's eyes(I don't think SJohnson is anything special) and then next would be Bill Hamid. (In terms of moving ahead of the other US international Keepers playing in MLS).

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Alex Lopez must really suck if he couldn't even get in the starting lineup tonight

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Replaying on Telemundo currently. :cool:

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that game was really rough to watch

Alex actually came in and played well compared to the rest of the trash that was trotted out there.

14. Beavis Stiffler

Without Barnes and Boniek in the lineup last night, it was ugly and frustrating. Thankfully it's just one game and everyone will be back for next week. Also, very fortunate that Deric saved the day again.

I guarantee the Dynamo will make more moves in the next transfer window this summer.

BTW, this was Colorado's 3rd straight scoreless draw to start their season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JSaqG4eDsG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Beavis Stiffler

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...-d-league-franchise-form-usl-team-2016-season

It's a bit of a coincidence that Rockets owner Les Alexander has been rumored as a potential buyer of the Dynamo not long ago but it didn't happen because of AEG, and now the Dynamo are partnering up with RGV - who are owned by the Rockets.

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

RGV isn't owned by the Rockets. It's a hybrid system, exactly like the one the Dynamo are trying to set up.

17. Beavis Stiffler

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Up one player for about 30-40 mins and still couldn't get ONE goal to tie the game. Sigh.

Cubo Torres can't get to Htown soon enough(then again, not sure the team's inability to play a proper final pass or through ball to break down a 10 man team would matter even if Torres was on the field).

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Not really sure what to say. The Dynamo look terrible so far. Our offense is feckless. We can't keep possession, and we make too many bad passes. I wish we still had Kinnear. But more importantly, I wish we had good ownership.

20. leroy

This team needs a center mid more than it needs Torres right now. Torres will not be worth it if we can't get him the ball in position to do something with it. We need a new version of DeRo or Holden.