1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 91, Hornets 89

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am more hoping that no one one the team takes game MVP and that they take it as a team.

tired of individual accolades one of the things that endured this team to me of late was the lack of egos from the players (well not tracy) it seemed that this year that seemed to come back around with AB (not blaming him) but there is a certain something or swagger you can see with this team now embracing the underdog/us against the world mentality again.

Missing that from Shane of course but he is hoping he brushed more of his mental toughness on the guys than we thought.

I know its really really really minor but its nice to see Thabeet also embrace the "Brian Cook" role of head cheerleader if anything it looks like he is happy to have a new shot in his home town even if next season. I think he can turn into a serviceable defensive center off the bench next season

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Portland doesn't have the size they used to since Camby is down with an injury right now and they traded away their other Centers.

As a matter of fact, they might even star Gerald Wallace at the 4.

3. AXG

AXG Member

2-0 without Shane Battier. We should've dealt him long ago... ;)

4. PeppermintCandy

And making a clutch 3-point play in the final minutes of the game? Unbelievable.

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Camby starts tonight

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Is he?

Well then, whoops... I stand corrected.

7. mazinger

mazinger Member

That's incorrect, it's 2-0 without Brooks. Shane was not the problem. We'll miss Shane when we play teams with above average SF.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Went perusing through the schedule, and realized that March is an absolute cream-puff schedule. Only four games in March are against current playoff teams.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Now THIS is a win. Great heart shown by the Rockets tonight!! I started watching at halftime when we were down 15 and thought 'another Rockets loss' but they proved me wrong! :)

Hopefully we can keep this winning attitude up and fight our way to the playoffs.

GO ROCKETS!!

10. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

what's incorrect about it? it's as factual as anything....

Shane's lack of offense and slipping on defense was part of the problem.

1 person likes this.
  11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lowry and Hayes are tremendous leaders. They will pick up the slack for Shane in that area just fine. Actually, I think they may upgrade the leadership on this team.

All the same, I'm trying to understand how we gonna play this out. It sure appears that Adelman is hell bent on getting to the playoffs, even if it means all our starters running up 40 minutes plus. I'm not for sure if that is the best thing for this team right now since it is going to lead to injuries (possibly Scola tonite) and possible player devaluation with those injuries. Not to mention it stifles the development of our youngsters and keeps their trade values lower. 82 games is a loooooooong season for guys like Luis, Kyle and Hayes that bust a.. every minute they're out there. And we need, somehow to get our youngsters acclimated to the system and playing effective minutes so we can either use them or trade them.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lack of offense,quite often. Slipping on defense sometimes. He still could have been useful for us,but it would be better to get an upgrade at the 3. Chase has a long way to go.

13. PeppermintCandy

You're right, Chuck stands out for me but it was definitely one of the best team efforts of the season.

14. xAliceInChains

nola deserved to lose just because of their jerseys

2 people like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hornets forums:

Hornets78

HAHAHHAHAH

1 person likes this.
  16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Great win, but Jordan Hill still plays weak both physically and mentally. They better lock him and Thabeet inside the gym during the offseason!
    If K-mart keeps his play up, he should have the right to be call a star!

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think tonight we saw that team hustle that's lacked this year. It was refreshing to see our two little scrappers lead the team to victory. I like Brooks but he was what you don't want on your roster, a soft player. Dragic will help us out. Let's beat Portland and maybe we have a chance to make the 8th seed against a team who we would match up best with.

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

We better sign Hayes back.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member