1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melo On Rockets: I Did Nothing Wrong.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jan 15, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

It’s everyone’s fault but his as always. Cool.

Good question. That’s what we ask about you every time you post

2. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Saying "on 39% 3pt" isn't really relevant here because he barely takes any threes. He's scoring 16ppg on below league average efficiency (both eFG and TS). And he's doing it while playing below average defense. That's not playing well.

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So he's not a defensive player, like James Harden? Youre telling me 16pts sucks in the NBA, yet the dumbest NBA fans knows that's just not true. We could use 16pts coming off our bench right now

GotGame15 and icewill36 like this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

He really didn't do anything wrong. Just wasn't a good fit for this team.

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  5. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

If you watched Melo play this season, you would see that he is playing on both sides of the ball. All season long. He's even hit a game winner already too. Houston was stupid to let him go. They'd be a better team if they had him instead of Ben Mclemore.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He belongs in the NBA, below average or not.
    Vince Carter is doing less, admittedly being older.
    And viewed as a hero, did he win ship?

7. harold bingo

Supporting Member

I am watching him play this season. I've watched like 10 portland games, and he looks almost exactly the same as he did last year. His defense still looks like a huge negative to me.

8. harold bingo

Supporting Member

Harden is one of the best offensive players in the league, so you can excuse that he's a below average defender. In my opinion if you want to be a contributor on a good team you have to be above average on either offense or defense. Maybe saying he "sucks" was a bit strong. I do not think he is good enough to be worth a spot on a team that is trying to win games and make the playoffs. I don't think low efficiency scoring from non playmakers has a lot of value, unless the player is plus defender, which Melo isn't. So the 16 points doesn't mean a whole lot to me.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Exaclty. People on this forum will complain about our lack of talent yet we cut a hall of fame player because of a petty personal vendetta. It doesn't make any sense. Are you all going to tell me you wouldn't want melo over Daniel house ? Are you kidding me?

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

And yet it isnt.

rocketchamp likes this.
  11. Adam Silver

Adam Silver Member

Get new glasses. And go ahead. Continue to convince yourself that you'd rather have House than Melo.

12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You convince yourself otherwise. Melo's a professional scorer, that can score a multitude of ways & get his own shot. House is House. The problem is theres a large portion of Rocket fans on here that don't follow enough of the game to form a logical opinion. Melo destroyed us tonight, and exposed the HUGE talent gap between him & the collective group of role players Morey brought in

jowman and Adam Silver like this.
  13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think he was agreeing with you regarding the obvious Melo hater on this page.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is this the Rockets not giving Melo a fair shot or Melo just working his ass off this past year to get in much better game shape?

He's still a massive defensive liability and I don't think we need any more of those on this team.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Ok keep telling yourselves this. It's funny how no one can admit when they are wrong. We cut a productive player for no real reason. Saying he wasn't playing well enough is not a reason after only 10 games, especially when this entire team was out of shape and playing terrible. Melo actually played very well the 3 games before his last one and they were all wins. They knew they couldn't cut him after those games so they waited until his next bad game to say oh we want to go with Gary Clark even though he isn't half the player you are. ....then proceed to bench Clark shortly after melo was gone. They didn't want it to work. They wanted revenge. It's really that simple. He could have helped us. But no we would rather keep signing minimum guys that can barely stay in the league then cry we don't have enough around James.

dvi465 likes this.
  16. jowman

jowman Member

Seems like he’s avg more by himself than our entire forward position. Below avg efficiency melo I better than the forward minutes we are currently getting.

17. jowman

jowman Member

He’s not ideal and He may be a defensive liability but at least he adds something unlike the rest of our supporting cast. Who are we to turn our noses up at actual good rotation players with some flaws when we basically got the supporting cast of the 2005 tmac/Yao rockets.

Moreys been terrible for awhile. Amazing to see most of u view him as the most important and biggest contributor to the teams success when all he’s done recently is trade away draft picks and pick up gleague scrubs, 40 year old players about to retire, and guys that have been outta the league and try to make them look good by playing them next to Westbrook and harden.

#57 jowman, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heard there were lots of missing buckets at Toyota Center

guilty

macan likes this.
  19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol no man. You are 100% right.

He is a negative across just about every advanced metric

Below league average scoring efficiency like you said. Providing low efficiency, high volume scoring is the absolute last thing this team needs, especially with Westbrook here now.

He joined a losing team and they are still a losing team.

He is no longer a positive difference maker in any sustainable way.

Believing he is playing as a great or as even an overall positive is pure blind ignorance. Lin only fan delusional behavior.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is to say, Melo should be a Rocket. But waiving a player with his resume after 10 games is almost unprecedented.

This is like saying, well this player sucks and we don't need him, but withholding that other teams have needs for this kind of player.

He should be wherever he is happy, and he wasn't happy here.

I dun think our ownership and FO are really kind to players, any player outside of Harden.

#60 daywalker02, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020