1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets won last night ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

The relevant question is how incompetent will the NBA allow their refs to be. They wouldn’t even allow MDA to use his challenge. They can review whether something was a 2 or a 3 after the fact, but they can’t correct their embarrassing mistake, something that would’ve taken 2 seconds of video review to see. It makes no sense.

D-rock, Blurr#7 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree it was ridiculous. But we are discussing the potential for the game outcome being overturned and what the criteria would be for the NBA allowing that to happen. It seems you and most others here aren’t interested in this topic.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Uhh?

If doo-doo can do doo-doo, could we get a doo-over?

WTH (what the....heck)?

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's also nonsensical that people seem completely unable to put themselves in the Rockets' shoes. Yes, we all know that people hate the Rockets, for whatever reason. But this could easily be anybody else in the future.

It's a pretty dangerous precedent to just let officials unilterally decide that a reviewable play can't be challenged, basically because they don't feel like it. That's how you get into Ron Kulpa territory.

https://deadspin.com/arrogant-dickwad-umpire-shouts-i-can-do-anything-i-wan-1833797994

This shouldn't be just about the Rockets, though of course people are turning it into that based on their prior agendas. It should be about checks and balances on the system, which is in the interest of all teams. (And if Popovich had been denied the right to challenge in a similar manner, then we should be receptive to their ability to protest, as well.)

Deuce, D-rock and RocketsFan247 like this.
  5. rocketshopeful

not sure if it belongs here, why is the blown backcourt violation that clearly led to a chandler dunk at the end of the third not more part of the discussion? Its not apples to apples but its not like its in a different stratosphere either.

6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I can't wrap my head around what is your point. Maybe my intelligence level is not up to your grade.

This is my take though: If the situation was reversed, I will advocate for the same. NBA should just do the right thing and give the two points to whom it belongs (and the win too :) but I can settle for a PUBLICIZED suspension of the ref(s) :D.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

GTFO and go to Spurs Talk or some ****!!!

D-rock likes this.
  8. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I think his thread was psychological test for cfans. But the reality is. That single play was clearly disputed & wrong. In baseball we have a thing called protests. The Rockets organization is taking that route & I believe it's right

9. durvasa

I guess the point is I don’t think there’s a clear cut argument that the NBA has to allow a change in the outcome. So I’m not as hopeful as the Rockets maybe are that it will happen.

If it’s not as cut and dried as “allow a do-over because of the screw up” and how the play disadvantaged the team also factors in, then there is wiggle room for the NBA to argue that the Rockets were not disadvantaged enough.

10. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=3192421
    There is precedent for a claim by us.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t clear cut. The rule certainly isn’t and it does potentially open Pandora’s box. It is why I would be shocked if the Rockets prevail on an appeal. The whole dynamic of review does help their cause in some respects.

There is no way the league gives the win to the Rockets. There is a minimal chance they play the last 7 minutes. Adam Silver is very bright (if nothing else) and won’t want this to set precedent.

J Sizzle and durvasa like this.
  12. durvasa

I guess but that was with under a minute left, and our thing was with just under eight minutes left. Should that matter? Again, would they allow a do over if the mistake happened at the beginning of the game?

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Its clear cut they need to award those 2 points to the rockets

Tfor3 and RustyHarden like this.
  14. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

We don't reach overtime if call is overturned. Therefore game. Blouses.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

No liberal can justify the reverse double negative hypothetical presented here.

Congrats, you made a post even worse than the OP.

Astrodome likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Your 30 seconds are up. Next.

Relativist likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

GET EM CLUTCH.

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We DON'T deserve to play that game over. It should've never been that close anyway. We played dumb and deserved to lose. Maybe our star players will play harder when we're up by 20 instead of jacking around with the basketball!

19. durvasa

I would not underestimate the Rocket's ability to find a way to lose that game in the fourth quarter, even with the extra 2 points.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

It is not an issue of deserving to win

The only issue is what, if anything will the NBA do to rectify this error.

This error, if not committed could likely have led to a Rockets win.

The NBA probably will do nothing because, well, they are who we thought they were.

The NBA is hemorrhaging (losing) viewers (ratings) because the product sux.
    Bandwagoners are off the GS Worrier-bandwagon
    No one wants to see best-buds join to try and form super teams through free agency
    Championships are bought, not built

Officiating is inconsistent from game to game, player to player, team to team, regular season vs post season, one year to next. Numerous examples show incompetence or down right corruption.

NBA Machine including the biased media is just a cash cow and everyone is just trying to find an available teat to suck out all the money they can while pumping out a crappy, fake-product.

D-rock likes this.