1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets won last night ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Dec 4, 2019.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Your missing that there is zero chance that they just up and give us a win...
    So yes that is why a replay of the game would happen... to determine what would have happened from that point on ??
    You seem confused?

D-rock likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's a stupid ****ing post that doesn't belong here. You should know better.

D-rock and across110thstreet like this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I will ask NBA officials to investigate whether they play fake game to get lottery as they can beat Clippers

4. HP3

HP3 Member

So if we won that game and the Spurs tried to protest that Harden dunk, how would they argue that they were disadvantaged?

5. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Delete

#25 RustyHarden, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

No, because whether the basket counted or not, the Spurs took possession of the ball.
    You want to say maybe the Spurs would have played differently if they were losing by two extra points: I don't think it's a practical consideration.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They couldn't, at least not immediately disadvantaged on the scoreboard. Is that part necessary for the protest? They can't just say "Hey, you guys screwed this up, and that makes the rest of the game invalid and it should be redone"?

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

By your logic, every missed call requires a game to be replayed. It's not practical. It can't be enacted.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Except this wasnt a missed call.

It was a missed field goal.

:cool:

D-rock likes this.
  10. durvasa

Not at all. This wasn't a mere missed call. It was a missed score. If we are including missed calls in this, then the Spurs could argue that the missed violations that gave the Rockets 4 extra points offsets the missed score on the dunk.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So you are interested in missed scores but not all missed calls.
    And you say a game is invalidated by a missed score but not a missed call. I think that doesn't make sense.
    Remember, we can't guess what alternate universe would have existed if the missed call were not missed, same as the missed score.
    Why don't you care about the alternate universes of all corrected calls?
    I don't think you have a philosophical or practical argument here.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i cannot comprehend how the officials did not already have clear confirmation from secaucus that the shot was good. they are getting fed guidance in those earpieces throughout the game

D-rock, bro2044 and sirbaihu like this.
  13. durvasa

It's not that I don't care. But, practically speaking, one can't go back and change every bad call. They are too frequent. So, one must be selective on the types of officiating mistakes that can trigger a do-over. Most of us are agreed that the blunder of not recognizing a made basket was in fact a made basket should count among those mistakes.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree one must be selective and practical. That's why I say, the Spurs took possession of the ball either way, end of story. The Spurs' score was not affected. The Rockets' score was.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who protests to the league about something that helped them or gave them an advantage? Where do they do that at? The Spurs would have no grounds for a protest. This must be some new age trolling.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Remember when @durvasa was an intelligent poster? Not the ultimate contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian guy.

D-rock, Nook and Reeko like this.
  17. durvasa

OK, another question. What if this missed dunk call happened in the first quarter instead of the fourth. Should the Rockets still be allowed to protest if the game goes to overtime? If not, what is the cutoff point?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

My answer is who cares. All these irrelevant tangents are meaningless. Let’s deal with what actually happened. What the refs did last night is inexcusable, period.

D-rock likes this.
  19. durvasa

No reason to take offense over the questions posed here or make bad faith accusations. I’m not arguing that the Rockets don’t have a legitimate reason to want a review here. This is something for which there doesn’t appear to be clear cut guidelines.

20. durvasa

If the NBA comes back and says they won’t allow a do-over because it did not immediately result in a loss (given the time remaining), then that question is in fact very relevant.