1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Captain America 4: New World Order

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Red Skull Expected To Return As The Villain In Captain America 4

[​IMG]

Last year’s Avengers: Infinity War featured a surprise comeback for Red Skull of Captain America: The First Avenger fame, and while his appearance didn’t amount to much more than a fan-pleasing cameo, it seems the door is now wide open for Johann Schmidt to reassert himself as one of the MCU’s main villains.

In fact, according to sources close to We Got This Covered – the same ones who told us Taskmaster will be the villain in Black Widow and the Real Mandarin will be the villain in Shang-Chi, both of which were correct – Marvel now hopes for Red Skull to face off against Sam Wilson, most likely in the currently unannounced Captain America 4. And though the details of Marvel’s intentions remain unclear, this clash would certainly make a lot of sense from a character perspective.

After all, Sam officially inherited the mantle of Captain America in this year’s Avengers: Endgame. And while we can expect to see him settle into his new role in the upcoming Falcon and the Winter Soldier TV show, surely a showdown against Steve Rogers’ first nemesis would be the perfect test to see if Sam is truly worthy of filling his predecessor’s shoes.

Meanwhile, looking at this from Red Skull’s perspective, now that Thanos has taken and destroyed the Soul Stone in the main timeline, we can likely assume that the villain is free to leave Vormir and resume his quest for world domination.
    [​IMG]

In any case, seeing how Marvel has yet to even officially confirm a Captain America 4 for Sam Wilson, it could be a long wait before we get any further info on Schmidt’s potential comeback. Still, given that this intel comes to us from the same sources who also revealed the She-Hulk show way back in April before it was announced, we have no reason to doubt it.

Anyways, as we wait to lean more, we know that Mackie’s next MCU outing will presumably be The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which sees the return of another of Steve Rogers’ old enemies. We’ll find out how Sam gets on with a newly masked Baron Zemo when the series hits Disney Plus late next year.

FLASH21, travfrancis and FrontRunner like this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's not the black thing (I like Mackie and his role as Falcon) but I just don't see Sam Wilson holding the mantle of Captain America for too long.

He always seemed like more of a sidekick (even in the comics) over a fearless leader. Maybe it will get handed over to Bucky after a few runs with Sam at the helm.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I hope they dive into that by giving Sam those doubts about not being super powered. I mean that's not what made Rogers great.

RN, Wilson is like a hybrid test pilot/paratrooper that would lose out to an Ultron bot

Blurr#7 and Jontro like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

These shitty ass super hero sequels and the chumps that keep watching them

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

blek window.. and now blek cap.

what's with this recent superhero films being made with no super heroes? heck even star wars is doing it with mandalorian, except baby yoda with super powers is keeping it afloat.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

They can just give him super duper hero drugs and he will be Ight

Jontro likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The superhero obsession rages on...

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I know right, how dare they have the audacity to enjoy something you don't.

jcf, Deckard, FrontRunner and 3 others like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

haven't thought about it. technically bruce or sam l. fury can administer the super soldier serum to blek cap... because a breh flying around with a shield that can be easily taken down is kinda lame.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

....goes the Thunder fan!

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i think endgame killed any enthusiasm i had for marvel movies. such a disappointing end to a great beginning with infinity war.

RKREBORN, K mf G and donkeypunch like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Marvel seems like it peaked after infinity war.

No strengths and Mackie is not a lead actor that draws the crowds attention.

Jontro likes this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Salient point, ese

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I’m sure people enjoy their cheese puffs dipped in ranch, doesn’t make it any healthier. These **** movies ruin script writing and movies in general . Give the public some action scenes and they’ll be happy”

16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

When did you move to San Fransisco?

17. Buck Turgidson

No they don't.

There a ton of great non-chump-non-superhero movies being made. Go watch them.

Deckard likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. I saw a very entertaining film just the other day. One I highly recommend. Knives Out. It's got a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and deserves it, in my opinion. Daniel Craig and Ana de Armas are terrific. Heck, so is everyone else in it.

[​IMG]

19. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

NO

20. Buck Turgidson

So you don't like superhero movies...and you don't like non-superhero movies.

Not sure what kind of movies you'd like. Good luck finding that niche.

That's my Friday afternoon or evening plan, I've heard nothing but fun things.

Deckard likes this.