1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I actually chuckled when I saw it. The Rockets aren't getting any sympathy from the media today. The common theme on every show is that we still had a 13 point lead, and that we have a rep for whining. Finding the humor in these moments helps keep me sane.

2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

It could be argued that we deserve the W, so really not good enough.

Reeko likes this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

How come EVERY SINGLE TIME a situation that involves awful officiating or a blown call comes up the response is always

"they should have overcome it...quit using that as an excuse...gotta play better....blah blah blah..."

NO SH*T!!!!!

Everyone knows the team could play better. They want that too! Having said that.....IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HORRIBLE OFFICIATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If every time a bad call occurs and we continue to sluff it off as "play better" then guess what....the officiating doesn't get any better! Why don't we hold officiating to the same standard we do our team, or the league officials, or the ownership, or the coaching, or for that matter....even the fans!

Please for the love of God....STOP DEFLECTING FROM POOR OFFICIATING.

4. TheresTheDagger

Is that you Scott Foster?

pippendagimp likes this.
  5. Section123row16seat1

At this point the players should be required to where bionic suits that register contact like the proposed strike zone in baseball , out of bounds , and whether a ball passes through a hoop(kind of like hockey and soccer) and the refs just be a group of 10 people watching from a media room with a camera and tv on each individual the whole game. If there’s a foul an America’s got talent horn goes off and the player who committed the fouls bionic suit turns red and he’s electrocuted for 3 seconds

boom problem solved

6. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Not “bad”, more like suspicious

bro2044 likes this.
  7. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

NBA - Billion dollar business, can't afford proper replays or officials. That China incident must have done a real number on the league.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The people saying this kind of thing better understand that this kind of logical gymnastics is how we get the flat earth theory and the things everyone hates about politics. When groups want to deny reality, the internet helps them do it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

BBl fans always scream "Dunk it damn it" and now I'm thinking "damn James, just lay it up" LOL

charlieaustin likes this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It really is surprising. People would rather make things about emotions than logic.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. plee

plee Member

My thoughts, the refs should know something was not right and should have looked at it. This is the kinda of play is what replay is supposed to correct, was a basket or not.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-weigh-protest-as-NBA-looks-into-14882212.php

As the NBA began its customary investigation of events that were anything but typical, according to a person with knowledge of the process, the Rockets prepared a protest of their double-overtime loss in San Antonio, unsure if they will file it if necessary.

The Rockets have 48 hours after the game in which to file a protest and will wait for more feedback from the NBA before determining how they will proceed.

15. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

LOL, I was thinking this too and after laying it in catch it and put it in again.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

File at 47 hours and 59 minutes and demand an immediate response for close to MAX Jimmies Rustled.

Include a note:

"It is not about winning or losing. It is about Harden losing 2 points off his total and thus a potential game changer in a tight MVP Race."

RudyTBag and pippendagimp like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I for real need to turn this TV off. People now saying MDA didn't try to challenge now.

Sarah Spain is riding for the Rockets position.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think this is overrated. I'm full on with the math that mid-range, GENERALLY, is not a great shot. The rebuttal of that it's need to help you get more, better, 2s and 3s, is fine. But I think any struggles Harden might have int he playoffs offensively (RELATIVELY SPEAKING) is less about not having a mid-range (he also struggled in the Finals with OKC, he had some struggles in his early years in the playoffs with the Rockets) and more because generally he doesn't have the same FT Rate in the playoffs (he gets fewer foul calls, slightly) and role players also struggle on and off... and while that's true for all teams, the teams with the best role players or even #2 and #3 "stars" ultimately are the ones that win, not the team with the best #1 guy - in almost all years.

And for a guy where I'd rather he do x,y,z or z, I'd put (i) become an offensive threat without the ball by moving more, (ii) reduce turnovers, (iii) be more willing to find different ways/plays to get to the position he wants (iso from the 3 point line), above any focus on adding back a mid-range game. Happy if he wants to take one or two a year...

But Lebron is "thicc" and Kobe ended up injured?

Relative to his weight, again, the guy plays almost every game, with huge minutes, taking as much contact as any in the league, and is basicalyl never injured (knock on wood). Not sure how one could conclude "he needs to change his [anything] about his health/conditioning/weight"

I'm not sold that a plan B that is more mid-range jumpers will ultimately result in better results. For one, you have to get the big lead in order to lose it. That comes from their current style. For two, a missed mid-range is no better than a missed-three.

I do think they need plan Bs. I think those plan Bs should be anything that gets him more OPEN three pointers or drives to the lane, or the role players more OPEN three pointers or drives to the lane.

Outside of "complicated plays" something as simple as much more frequent back door cuts or pick slips is what I'd think of. Consider the oft-run guard-guard pick and roll, often with Harden or Russ setting a pick. You ever see either of this guys quickly slip the pick?? No. Stuff like this.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Plascke is genuine in his position I think, but for the most part, the people who are on the "Rockets have no case here" or shaking their head and laughing like Jackie Mac in that shot are really just taking this position because they don't like the Rockets.

BigMaloe, ElPigto, bro2044 and 3 others like this.