1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It really is! The Rockets in the Harden era have consistently *for years now* not been able to hold large 4th quarter leads due to repeated defensive lapses and bogged down offense. Of course it's a thing with me!

But I'm done. The Rockets lost, it is what it is. I seriously doubt they let the protest go through, even though they obviously screwed up.

Onto Toronto...

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

It happened a lot last year...its biting them in the ass again. Nets, Bucks, Clippers and now Spurs

J Sizzle likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

bro2044 likes this.
  4. JackLordsHair66

Yeah I’m guessing Screamin’ A and Max dirt face would have a much different set of takes. The only thing I tend to agree with several posters here about is with a 13 point lead at the time this never should have come into play... that said the league has to make a hard statement about how this will be avoided in the future and they need to make a public statement groveling to the Rockets about Fing this up, should also suspend that ref crew for a substantial chunk of wallet affecting games

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

J Sizzle likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

It's really annoying how the GARM has such a victim complex.

DaDakota likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And that does not even count the ones they still manage to pull out despite blowing the lead and making a game of it. It's a problem. Always will be with MDA coached Rockets teams, I suppose.

8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Mature.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I lost faith in the fairness of officiating years ago. I really doubt this type of BS would ever happen with a healthy Warriors team or the Lakers of now. I also believe that we will always get that one bad call in Clutch time that will give the other team just enough of an edge to pull off the win, especially in crucial games like the playoffs. We will probably now get even more blind eye calls, just because everyone calls us crybabies. The sad part is that we are justified in calling out the officials.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe not.

But the idea that comebacks don't happen against everyone, superstar or otherwise, is just plain wrong. This is the NBA. There are wild changes in scoring margin in most games.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

They now refer to us as the "whiny math nerds of the NBA", per Get Up this morning. That's our reputation now i guess. Maybe i should just embrace it.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

You don't feel short-changed in this game?

13. fchowd0311

Ya, from Harden and Westbrook throwing up a brickfest in the final few minutes of the game. Actually it was a brickfest the entire game for those two.

14. fchowd0311

Im pretty confident it happens to the Rockets more than other top 10 teams in the league.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The only way the ineptitude stops is by filing a protest. Make noise, make news, demand accountability. Then you might see NBA invest in Referees instead of overseas countries like China.

bro2044, pippendagimp and BeBreezy like this.
  16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I'm just happy that this situation is shedding light on the incompetence of the NBA officials.

I don't really want a replay of the game, though. Can you imagine if we replayed the final 7:50 minutes of regulation and lost? Again? We'd never hear the end of it.

BaselineFade likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Harden was at 40% from the field prior to that dunk being called a missed shot. Counting that as a miss, he was 2 for 15 from that point through the end of the 2nd overtime.

18. fchowd0311

And? That's his fault for letting that get to his head.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Imagine if you would.

A job offers a bonus at the end of the month to the sales employee who makes the most sales.

Salesman A is killing it the first 3 weeks while salesman B is just average.

Salesman A has a hugeee lead but during the last week, look out, salesman B makes it interesting, almost ties it up!

But alas, salesman A sold 1 more unit.

Wait...

What's this?

Management miscounted and say it's even.

But that's not right, clearly salesman A sold more units, but management scoffs at the evidence.

Management implies a sudden death scenario, and since salesman B has been hot recently he wins the huge bonus!

Salesman B should have never won that but here they are richer because of mismanagement.

Salesman A is currently looking into legal action and possibly new employment.

But hey...

Salesman A should just take that L fam...

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You said it was a brickfest the entire game for Harden and I was disputing that. It became a brickfest for him from that point forward.