1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Let's not act like they didn't deserve to lose that game, they certainly did.

However this absolutely should be replayed from the dunk. This isn't a judgement call, or a non call that "may" have resulted in points, this is literally a made basket they chose to take away. I don't think they will because people hate the Rockets so they can get away with it, but they should.

BMoney, RayRay10 and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. JackLordsHair66

Exactly it’s absolute bullshit !!! That said we never should have been in that situation where it mattered in the end, we sucked badly that last 7 mins and that’s on Mike, Russ, and Harden simple as that ! There’s no way they are going to give us a W or a replay on this game but they HAVE TO FIX reviews for a play like this, no excuse to fu** that up like that ever again for any team !!!

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

We wouldn’t have “blew the lead” with those two points. Hate that argument. Two points are two points and it changes the dynamic of a game. Being down 9 instead of 7 with one minute left changes is a big difference believe it or not.

But we should’ve still won at the end of the day. Because I hate the foul confusion at the end of regulation as well.

BigMaloe, bro2044, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  4. JackLordsHair66

They cleared that up it want a foul on Capela it was on Harden I thought ?

5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They're not replaying 7:51 of an NBA game during an off day. MDA might rationally feel the added rest and preserving their routine would outweigh 1 additional L. I've no idea why the Spurs want a win there. They aren't likely going to the playoffs, and every W screws up their chance of finding the next Duncan.

Nothing is going to happen, beyond stern words (a better pun a decade ago) to the officiating crew; a $hitty, mealy-mouthed apology, and a promise to do better. What should happen is that the game doesn't count until the end of the season, and then only play the last 8 minutes if they need the result for playoff seeding.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets gonna embarrass themselves even further after embarrassing themselves in the 4th quarter

7. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

You make some great arguments. Enough that I'd have league security looking at the officials' bank accounts and phone records. As much will happen after this as after Donaghy's revelations: nothing. We're still watching, aren't we?

Just call the game evenly. That's all I ask. Seems to be too hard to do these days.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Let them play triple OT.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

ref incompetence on this level must be addressed

Like, how does something like this even happen? Their fckery hasn’t even reached final form. Who knows what they have in store for us in the playoffs. We had game 7 in 2018, and game 1 in 2019. How will they screw us over in 2020?

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

every win counts.

If we gonna lose, i would preferred it b by being outplayed not bc of ref bs.

Like how does a ref miss a fking dunk, like logically its fking harden not some fking scrub.

bro2044, Deckard and BigShasta like this.
  11. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

They need to replay this game.

Harden needs that atrocious shooting stretch after the missed call wiped off his record.

durvasa likes this.
  12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets need to let this go. I get that we got screwed on the dunk, but what's done is done. No one is going to feel sorry for us. There is nothing positive that can come from protesting. We should have learned that last year. We need to focus on finding a better way to close games. That's more disturbing than the blown call.

ksny15 likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Uh we lost by being outplayed

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You mean launching heavily contested step back 3s isn't the answer?

15. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

NFL hypothetical: Let's pretend that the cool trick play on Sunday from Hopkins to Watson was incorrectly ruled a fumble into the endzone by Watson, meaning no touchdown and Patriots ball. The rest of the game plays out exactly the same (yes I know the score would impact things like onside kicks, etc., just bear with me), and Texans lose 22-21. Even though what the Texans did in real life and this made-up example are identical, the only difference being a referee error, did the Texans suddenly not deserve to win this game? I mean, their defense gave up a bunch of points at the end too.

I understand the "THE ROCKETS DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN!!" sentiment, but that's not how these things work. Effort down the stretch isn't what determines wins and losses, the score does. Teams NEARLY choke all the time, yet still get the W because they had built up enough of a buffer to withstand the onslaught.

I felt that the Rockets needed to protest this game, and now I am certain of it after reading the refs bizarre lie about D'Antoni waiting too long to challenge.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Rockets or just about any other team must file the appeal. Errors such as not crediting points are egregious and should not be overlooked.

To fear future reprisal from officials is just silly. The integrity of the game must be maintained.

RayRay10, Reeko and BigShasta like this.
  17. JackLordsHair66

Only problem with paying that last 7:50 at the end for he season is it’s highly unlikely that it’s the same team same group of players. We all know they are not going to award the W and we Lao know they aren’t going to allow the last 7:50 to be replayed. The Rockets were up by 12 when this happened there just really isn’t a good excuse for losing this game, same for the clips game, this team has major issue closing out games they’ve dominated, depth, short rotations, too many minutes, a dumb system, a horrendously flawed secondary “star”, a coach who seems incapable of actually coaching in big moments, and a superstar that does go supersonic stupid at big moments in tight games ....

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I absolutely hate the argument that, "we blew a big lead and we deserved to lose. So **** it and take the L."

We didn't lose! We won in regulation if that made basket is counted. All the rest is "what might have been." One could just as easily argue that the refs taking away a made basket totally blew our momentum and focus out of the water. That makes just as much sense. We won the game in regulation. Every loss is huge. Wait until the end of the season and seeding is determined. If they stick this loss on us, and that loss makes a big difference in who we play in the 1st round, people here will be screaming bloody murder about this made basket that wasn't counted. I will be.

Either award us the two points, which gives us a win in regulation, or replay the remaining 7:50 in regulation.

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Yeah, that's true. But the same argument can be made for a baseball rainout, made up later in the year.

Ideally, they wouldn't have to replay that time at all: the Rockets could be locked into, say, the 3rd seed, and SA would probably forfeit if you gave them the chance to do it at the end of the year.

No excuses acceptable; we're just trying to find the reasons why it happened. So we can cringe while watching a future game, waiting for them to arise again.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The NBA is just incompetent.