1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[HBO Series] Watchmen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She did hold onto the "my grandpa killed my friend Judd" secret pretty tightly for a while.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

which HBO shows did they do this in?

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this show worth picking up?

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

yes

DreamShook and whiskeyred like this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If you like to watch men. Then yes.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he launched himself out of whatever hologram he's in and re-arranged the bodies to say "Help me" didn't it look like he was on a moon of some other planet or something? He was trying to catch the camera of a passing satellite. I've been assuming he was exiled there by Dr Manhattan after their successful squid murder plot.

7. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Per Damon Lindelof the two plots are not running concurrently or at the same speed. Supposedly, a full year passes between each time we see Ozymandius, and at the end of the season it will all sync up.

So everything we've seen of Jeremy Irons occured at least a couple of years before the opening moment of the first episode when the cop couldn't get his gun out and was gifted a free cabbage.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

seems like a bit of a spoiler that Lindelof shouldn't reveal.

9. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

It should be fairly obvious if you are paying attention. For instance when the game warden says that Irons was arrested a year ago, when it occured in the previous episode, and Irons having a sudden sullen mood change and talking about how he thought it was a paradise when he first arrived way back when and now he knows it's a prison.

I imagine as the guy who created the show, it is frustrating when people don't catch on to things that you think you've made clear.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The leftovers is a top 10 show for me personally. The first and last season were both great.

11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Recommend listening to the official podcast too if you're all caught up.

12. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Link? I know, I know Google search.

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

jo mama and London'sBurning like this.
  14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

No she wasn’t summoning HJ. Dr Manhattan is canonically straight. What did you think the circle was that she pulled out of Cal’s head? Besides the many hints that Cal is Dr Manhattan, the peteypedia (supplemental material on the HBO site) basically confirms it with the hospital report. She had to break him out because she knew that the 7K was coming for him.

Yep. Veidt presumably crashed on that farm which is why Trieu bought it. I’m not sure if she put him in the statue or if Dr Manhattan did it, however I’m thinking he’s hooked up to that elephant.

#134 bobloblaw, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. Yes, Cal is obviously Dr. Manhattan. tallanvor was just referring to the possibility that Angela only knows about Cal being Dr. Manhattan because of HJ's memories. Also, I feel like sexuality would be irrelevant to DM.

I agree it's not likely. Just hard for me to fathom that she doesn't know more about what's going on if she's the only person in the world who is tight with all-knowing, all-powerful Dr. Manhattan for the past 30 years. I guess we'll see how their connection is explained.

bobloblaw likes this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Looked like a standard **** ring

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Ah, I see. That’s not a ridiculous idea but I don’t think it’s likely. Dr Manhattan chose to limit and hide the truth from himself. Angel tells Cal that they had discussed this before hammering his head. She also shows concern about Cal talking to Laurie before she’s even taken the Nostalgia.

I think of Dr Manhattan as struggling between his innate sense of sexuality and his new godlike apathy. He’s definitely still interested in women but doesn’t know how to please them because he can’t relate completely. By taking on Cal’s body he tries to assume a normal relationship.

The hospital report on the peteypedia references Angela bringing him in to a hospital in Vietnam and that she found him 3 days before taking him in. How much Angela knew/knows is definitely ambiguous and should be addressed next episode.

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

This show is fantastic. Watched all seven episodes this week.

Outlier likes this.
  20. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Oh man. What an episode!!!

#140 cwebbster, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    GRENDEL likes this.