1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's growing black support scares Dems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 28, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This selfish b*stard has his job, but clearly doesn't give af about the rest of the black community. This dude is something else. Also isn't it a bit messed up to tell people they shouldn't vote because they are black? No one ever says you are white so vote this way.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I swear you've claimed about a dozen different times that you dont watch Fox News.

Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Youtube recommended it. I clicked it. I shared because it is very telling when people start attempting to premptively shepherd blacks back into the DNC plantation.

mick fry likes this.
  4. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

How YouTube Became A Perpetual Nazi Machine

To be clear, this is not me calling you a Nazi. This is about how the YouTube search algorithm incremently feeds people slightly more "extreme" versions of whatever they are interested in because the YouTube AI has learned that that generates the most clicks, and the net result is that people who depend on YouTube suggestions for political news become extremely radical.

It also, for instance, slowly feeds people looking for child videos things that are ever so slightly "pedo"-friendy over time.

#4 Ottomaton, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    B-Bob, Deckard, AleksandarN and 2 others like this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So are you implying that fox news is extreme? Not sure why you shared this.

Also don't you think that it would suggest both left and right wing content? Because I get tons of both all the time. Mostly left wing actually. I don't think it is a singular direction at all like a lot of people have been pushing, nor is it exclusive to center right wing news. I have heard this stuff before and people claim youtube has a funnel to nazi and far right videos without acknowledging the left wing equivalent but I largely think it is false because I constantly see video suggestions that are of both "center" left and right. I think it is more of a myth pushed by people unconfortable with opposing views and they notice them more. They ignore all the stuff they agree with because of their bias. It is also convenient for the legacy media to push this to get preferencial treatment. For example fox or msnbc or cnn always plays when I finish watching independent political content now. All after they pushed the myth you are pushing.

6. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Yep.

Yep.

That's why I ignore YouTube suggestions.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So what data are they actually citing here to make these claims? All I see is a African American grifter utilizing the free market where they know there is a large market for making white racists feel good about calling black people lazy and whiney.

The level of discourse here is a grifter stating how liberals care more about calling transgender people by wrong pronouns than economic issues which boggles my mind. That's how bottom of the barrel this level of discourse is.

I would love to ask people who genuinely believed that out of Trump, Warren, and Bernie who is discussing economic issues in a more nuanced manner.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well if he went from 3 black supporters to 6 that would be a huge increase. But he know that he lost one so he didn't quite double his black support.

Democrats are shaking in their boots

9. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I sincerely hope they share your nonchalance.

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too. Because if Democrats want to win they need to focus on issues that will help everyone including minority communities, and not worry because Trump has raised his support to more than 9 black supporters but still less than 15.

R0ckets03 and da_juice like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Hmmm... Gay Mayor Pete struggles with black support.... quick let’s link Trump with growing support with black voters...

Just stop it.

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

For former military personnel you can sure think for yourself.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Worry about the idiot in the White House that recently claimed he saved Thanksgiving.

14. Nook

Nook Member

True, but it doesn’t change the fact that what he is saying is accurate.

Also “think[ing] for yourself” is a good thing, and something lots of ex military do.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I've known guys that did it for themselves to get out of nowhere, poverty and or small town and if by chance they are critically injured and on their death bed last thing they want to hear or see is patriotism talk... Fchowed has demonstrated numerous times clear concise thoughts on behalf of humanity and not blind patriotism....

London'sBurning, Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not only that, but he's a multi-millionaire who's likely scared shitless of Bernie/Warren raising his taxes. *Insert multi-millionaire doesn't like Bernie/Warren shocked face here*.

OP admititng that he just youtube suggestion hops for his political views, is not surprising, it's been very telling over the last year. I enjoy a couple of politcal youtube channels my self, but the suggestion hopping thing, like Ottoman pointed out, very much becomes a dark rabbit hole for some.

Deckard and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Okay; so, the first step in not telegraphing to blacks that you're a racist dipshit is to not liken their choices to going back to a plantation that you would have likely kept them on in the first place.

Nook likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Fox is mainstream. Does it mean they are the arbiter of truth or fair and balanced? Absolutely not. It does have the highest ratings though. I disagree fully with your assessment that it is "extreme". The definition I use is "furthest from the centre or a given point." So I don't think you are using that word correctly. Perhaps you have some bias at play but the numbers are there to support my assessment. Also I don't believe you completely ignore youtube suggestions. That aside, you are playing a shoot the messenger game. The actual words of the source are all I care about for this discussion. Not Fox's "take".

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The DNC and their ilk are the modern day thought police and they are the ones operating like they own the black vote and go after anyone attempting to deviate. That "plantation" reference stands because of their racist actions.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

More thought police. Calling blacks who don't tow the line of the DNC overlords "grifters" and "opportunists."

The fear is real.

BigDog63 likes this.