1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook leaves no doubt: It's the right wing's social network now - Part Two

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Oct 31, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go back and look at the articles I posted. I'm tired of you moving the goalposts all over the place when you are shown to be wrong.

You made the claim that nobody changed their minds to vote for the opposing candidate. I pointed out that isn't necessary to change an election. I pointed to evidence to support it was true.

That should have been the end.

But then you started asking about something different. I pointed to the evidence you asked for after your goalpost shift.

You need to stop moving the goalposts.

#21 FranchiseBlade, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    RayRay10 and justtxyank like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Mark Zuckerberg is a democrat.

However, more than anything, Mark Zuckerberg is a business man.

Facebook has made Zuckerberg incredibly wealthy. He is 35 years old and is one of the 5 richest people on the planet worth 70 billion dollars.

Zuckerberg is going to do ANYTHING to support and help Facebook.... and that means being politically agnostic.

Facebook is full of older people that are in their late 40's through their 70's..... the site has become a place for family to connect, and as a result has become tailored to their demographics....... many of those that are in their 40's-70's are conservative and not politically correct and Facebook to a point reflects that.

Personally I find Facebook to be severely over valued.

B-Bob, da_juice, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I said regards to collusion, Russian interference.

Regardless all your article says is people didn't vote, it doesn't say why they didn't

Lastly why are you arguing about negative ads as if they are new or as if something could be done about them

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I posted two articles. The two together show that people voted but left the presidential ballot blank. It also shows that negative media and ads cause a drop in the vote.

I'm talking about not only negative ads but negative news stories. They can't be erased. They can be limited and reduced, especially false ones.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What do they have to do with Russian interference and how do they prove that interference made people not vote?

Again for the third time the first post you responded to was about Russian interference

Your first article doesn't make any assertion about why people didn't vote fod a presidential candidate and your second article is about negative ads in general

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's not worth it he will always move the goalpost.

B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the left wants undesirable speech censored, and is angry Facebook won't do their bidding

Nook likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I responded to the comment and claim that you made. You are trying to move the goalpost. I'm not going to play that game, today.

9. dmoneybangbang

Like I said, fake news/conspiracy theories favor conservatives therefore Facebook is important to conservatives.

10. Nook

Nook Member

There is certainly an element to this.

The left would point out that a lot of the speech is false (and indeed much of it is) but at the end of the day, I believe people should access to that information and make their own determination.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I think Facebook is a pretty good reckoning of the world we live in, which is why I avoid it...
    The bigger question is, what kind of world do we want to live in?

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Part 3

Zuckerberg, Thiel had secret dinner with Trump last month

.“As is normal for a CEO of a major U.S. company, Mark accepted an invitation to have dinner with the President and First Lady at the White House,”

As is normal for a major U.S. company, we tried to keep it secret from the media and our shareholders as long as possible because the President is a dumpster fire of a human being that is intentionally trying to destroy our society.

What an embarrassment. I haven't logged into fb for weeks. Time to delete it.

B-Bob and FrontRunner like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sacha Baron Cohen calls out facebook & youtube disinformation ...something he considers so grave he gave the speech as....Sacha Baron Cohen

https://slate.com/culture/2019/11/sacha-baron-cohen-facebook-zuckerberg-speech.html

British voters will go to the polls while online conspiracists promote the despicable theory of “great replacement” that white Christians are being deliberately replaced by Muslim immigrants. Americans will vote for president while trolls and bots perpetuate the disgusting lie of a “Hispanic invasion.” And after years of YouTube videos calling climate change a “hoax,” the United States is on track, a year from now, to formally withdraw from the Paris Accords. A sewer of bigotry and vile conspiracy theories that threatens democracy and our planet—this cannot possibly be what the creators of the internet had in mind.​

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Very nice.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The people sharing stupid content on facebook are all boomers. Those are just the numbers. Go on facebook and look at the walls of all the old people. It has has more memes than normal post. My brother's, who is the prototypical boomer conservative, wall is 90 percent memes and fake news articles.

What facebook is guilty of is not doing anything about organizations using it as a weapon.

FranchiseBlade and SamFisher like this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

agree with op, anti-censorship is a right wing position

Ali G is wrong, Mr. Bean is right

#36 Commodore, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you always buy generic brands? You only get what you need to survive? Unless that's the case then your claim that you aren't influenced by branding an advertising is laughably false.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except when it comes to flag burning, kneeling during the anthem, or homosexuality, women's voices, protests, and criticizing dear leader Trump

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

In the case of groceries i do buy mostly the cheaper store brands. As far as your logic, my decision is based on what i like which may or may not be generic

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think you mean one doesn’t align w your views and one does. What did Sasha say that is wrong? He made observations of massive disinformation campaigns and suggested that the pioneers of the Internet could not have had that aim in mind. Is that “wrong”? Did they seek to build a sewer of divisive misinformation?