1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/18/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Oh come on... she was FAR FAR FAR from terrible. I suspecting a hint of sexism or homerism on that. She was just fine. No need to start some jinx against us.

DreamQuake, Patience, amaru and 5 others like this.
  2. Remlap

Remlap Member

8 in a row.
    Longest current streak in NBA
    2nd in Conference and on the heels of the Lakers
    BEST defense in the NBA during the streak

[​IMG]

#682 Remlap, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That dude behind them took forever to eat that nacho. :D

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Lillard deserves to be this cursed as punishment for 2014.

rgw20014life and DreamShook like this.
  7. don grahamleone

How'd it go? I wasn't able to detect any soul ripping.

How's your hollywood career going? Weren't you some lame douche on a sci-fy show or something?

Vivi, Remlap and HoustonTexas like this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

No, there was no sexism behind it. Being female does not inherently make you a bad referee, but she is definitely not NBA ready. Making poor calls both ways all night, making late calls based off player reactions (Lillard phantom call on WB, Beard travel to highlight)

It's easy to miss bad officiating when the game goes our way, but this crew was pretty garbage.

jcf likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Kinda worried this whole Westbrook/Harden thing isn't meshing. Harden only had 36 tonight. Not enough balls to go around. Hate to say "I told you so", but ...

10. amaru

amaru Member

That just how weak this new crop of rappers are lol

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"Six seconds or less" offense :

Hakeemtheking, Patience, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  12. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Greetings from Argentina,

While Portland is struggling mightily, there were so many positives from tonight’s game.

Raphael: Say what you want to about Westbrook’s shot selection or FG%, his energy and effort is contagious. When Russell is on the floor, players are running and moving more on offense because they know if they are open, Russell will find them. Unlike CP3, Russell has real chemistry with Clint. I was surprised that the success CP3 had with D. Jordan wasn’t able to carry over with Clint. Russell has made this team dynamic and a joy to watch; he might not shoot very well, but he makes timely baskets. I laughed when Rivers missed a technical FT and Westbrook wouldn’t let him take the next technical free-throw!

Harden: He is locked in, maybe because he is having fun?! I now expect every shot he takes to go in. He gets past his man or even a double team with ease. He is averaging almost 16 points off of drives which is insane. With Westbrook on the team, Harden doesn’t have to distribute as much and can instead focus on scoring buckets.

House: Sometime soon, House is going to be incredibly underrated. His defense is already good and improving rapidly. What really impressed me about House is his decision making off the dribble. His last play, in garbage time, to IHeart for the ally-oop exemplifies his passing and decision making.

Coach: Not sure yet if it was just because of a depleted roster or Mike’s recognition that we need a true center, but our defense has improved greatly primarily because we are not running midgets at all five positions. Besides when Coach put in Thabo at PF, the rotation has utilized size. Also, it appears he is putting more trust in the bench guys like IHeart, Clemons and BenMac. Playing a deeper rotation in the regular season will help in the playoffs.

After the growing pains at the beginning of the season, it is evident that this team is special.

13. don grahamleone

You picked out one bad call. I agree that was weird, but it also happened to be right. She was a good ref. During the game I questioned her calls too, but I went back using DVR and she was right every time. You're making stuff up. She belongs in this league. The whole crew does.

No ref will ever be perfect. You can't aim for that. Anyhoo, don't forget to celebrate this win rather than focusing your anger after a win on a ref that did great.

Patience likes this.
  14. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Lol the Bobblehead is to get houstonians in their seats on time.. Never had that problem in OKC..

15. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

nice win! best Brodie &Beard outing?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nice win.

And man, Portland looks awful.

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

To make life even MORE beautiful
    Warriors are 2-12 and last in the West

[​IMG]

18. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Where are the people over Twitter talking about Harden's 41 shots now?

HoustonTexas and don grahamleone like this.
  20. macan

macan Member

i've no idea what they were talking about. my eyes just locked in on Cayleigh. thank you Morey or Tad brown for hiring her!