1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Defending freedom of speech is important, but you should know what happened then give a speech.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Emanon, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Amnesty International and Reporters with Borders, the 2 biggest non-government groups reporting on human rights issues, routinely release reports on every country.

Notably, China has “the largest recorded number of imprisoned journalists and cyber-dissidents in the world.”

The actual truth isn’t going to come from Chinese people, because they literally can’t access it. I recommend looking into these groups if you’re interested in truly knowing how bad things are in China.

Yung-T, BaselineFade and malakas like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

In which case I would just deny it.

Why so touchy?
    If they are innocent and not an agent of the nazi state they won't have an issue.

Too bad we all are well aware of the army of traitors, propaganda bots and trolls the CCP employs

Yung-T and dmoneybangbang like this.
  3. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Between Trump and lee kuan yew I guess there should be no question who's a more capable and responsible leader, elected or not.

I cannot figure out either Xi or any Chinese leaders ahead of him due to lack of transparency. And I calculated my person choices and risks with full acknowledgement to that limitation.

It does amuse me to see Americans thinking they more better about chinese leadership or political practice

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He deleted his tweet. He acknowledged that there are different perspectives to account for, and this was complicated (i.e. there are reasons for people to have problems with the Hong Kong protests). That should have been the end of it.

So, why can't China move on then, rather than insist that Morey be fired? Why must they impose their value system on an American sports league, forcing them to punish any personnel that speaks their mind freely in a way that the Chinese government disagrees with? Twitter is blocked in China anyway, right, so why turn this into such an issue?

No, this isn't about protests/riots. It's about an authoritarian system's need to fully control the narrative on domestic political issues and thereby not tolerating dissenting opinions -- from the local population or from outsiders engaging in business with the local population. That's essentially what the response was to Adam Silver's latest statement. They disagree strongly with permitting free expression when it runs counter to their state's ability to control the population. They want a guarantee that the NBA won't allow it to happen again without severe punishment, and the NBA is unwilling to make that guarantee.

Yung-T, DVauthrin, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

The one who actually can be held accountable by the people and is able to win an election without being a dictator is the most capable one so yes. There is no question about it.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because in any other forum that is sensitive material.

Not my bbs, so you can go on.

And since there was a D and D crisis last year, I understand why the admins are not doing anything rash.

Lelz how is some old lady ranting some CCP propaganda?

And if it was, you are the last person to judge.

They won't let high emotional people, bloodhounds, be the judge of character. Calm down first.

Or at least I am not raised that way to call people whatever....the worst names.

#46 daywalker02, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    dlite316 likes this.
  7. Emanon

Emanon Member

To be honest, I have no evidence to confirm, there is some photo taken shows some possible CIA guys guide the riots (they appeared in COLOUR REVOLUTION), but it's not solid. However, most of ppl believed so especially you look back to the past decades, where US gov wants to bring freedom to, there is freedom, freedom of no order, Iraq,IS,Ukraine and so on... And US flag and UK flag always shows during protest.

I will not deny Chinese gov performs totally different from Western. And sometime they do good, sometime they do bad. And ppl don't have equal freedom as you have in US.
    I also support ppl in HK do protest to express their opinion, no matter other ppl think they are right or not. But it should not be violent, bothering other ppl who want a normal life, and set up others as shown in the video I put.

The difference is here, ppl in China is not so interested in freedom, to be accurately, the ppl as much as I know is not so interested. Ppl are still under the period of looking for an abundant life. Most of the ppl are still poor especially compare to US standard, they don't want Chaos, and somehow, the CPP indeed make the life better.

I just want to show the logic why Chinese ppl are getting mad. I am not coming to convince anyone. Just show it.
    Know the difference is rather better than just yelling to each other.

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I appreciate the explanation. I don't know you, nor do I claim to, so I won't think you're brainwashed. I belong to two separate cultures and nationalities and lived my life experiencing both sides getting things wrong about each other and misunderstanding. Different cultures have different perspectives on history and cultural priorities. I'm not Chinese or resident of HK, so I don't have the perspectives from two sides. Having said that, I'm always cautious of people on the Internet, unless I know them in the real world as well. For that reason and the timing on your posts, I still find your presence here, suspicious.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I am curious how can you hold Trump accountable, cos your Congress apparently is not capable of it

American democracy looks good on paper, and that's pretty much it.

10. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

I am curious how can you hold Trump accountable. Cos your Congress apparently is not able to do it

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

12. chimera34

chimera34 Member

The organ transplant market in China is very suspicious...for every other country to get a liver transplant you wait months if not years. In China with the right amount of money, they will bring 2-3 livers to you for the surgery immediately. I've heard first hand through interviews we conduct for marketing research on the Chinese healthcare system. G The fact your own Tier 1 hospitals market that as their strength is both amazing and incredibly suspicious.

Additionally, running clinical trials for extremely risky drugs / protocols (gene or cell therapy) can done with ease in China too...again this was told through marketing interviews and conferences with American biopharma companies when trying to work with Chinese Tier 1 hospital systems.

IF you believe, our suspicious are misinformed....please shed light with some evidence. Would love to see how Chinese hospitals can market and deliver on these claims when nowhere else can?

Yung-T and malakas like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Oh for once, next year in elections.

How can you hold your dictators for life accountable?

There is no meaning to even compare between each other.

One is a product of democracy however incompetent and corrupted, the others are products of dictatorship and operate concetration camps.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Who said I talked about the old lady? :rolleyes:

Not the last person to judge. Because I am not brainwashed at least in contrast to most chinese here. ( as evidenced by their own words).

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

We moved past the stage where our China-based members come in here to troll. We’re now at bargaining stage. Hopefully the denial stage is skipped and move straight into acceptance

16. Emanon

Emanon Member

That's your freedom Sir.

I just want to waste one night to shows something. Despite the Chia and US, we are all rockets fan, knowing each other is always better, is that right?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brainwashing tactics go two way. US dudes got brainwashed too. And they got camps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_detention_camp

Your quote is forever saved here. No worries. I know sounds like an evil joke question.

18. Emanon

Emanon Member

19. malakas

malakas Member

Absolutely. I am vehemently against Guantanamo. It's disgusting.

Especially infuriating that the american government also abduct eu citizens out in the streets and sent them there.

20. Emanon

Emanon Member

a
    Always, the most extremely person took the most attention. Check Trump.