1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Vs. Rays ALDS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No set order... Harris would come in if there's a lefty-heavy portion of the lineup due.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

yes. will end up being the only game tomorrow, so later.

RocketManJosh likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

did I tell him how to post. i can say whatever wtf I want. stfu .

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah

fiersdownbelow and RocketManJosh like this.
  5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Considering Greinke and company got their panties torn down yes. Any lineup is capable of getting hot. Remember Colby Rasmus? A bum for the most part but tore it up in the 2015 playoffs for us. 1 or 2 bats of theirs heat up and Springer, Brantley, Yordan and Correa continue to look lost along with the automatic out that is Reddick and there is reason to be concerned.

if we had a healthy Peacock the opener idea would be ok. But trusting innings 1-6 to James, Rondon, Miley and Smith before going to Harris pressley and osuna is not a recipe for a win. Ok. Replace Miley with Urquidy and the needle bumps a little. But not enough.

jv is a special pitcher and a competitor. He will come out tomorrow and give us a good shot. We just need our bats to find the ball and connect. Murderers row is looking more like misdemeanor row.

Rock Block and Houstunna like this.
  6. CinematicFusion

Hope I’m wrong ...but your not coming across that well on this board.

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. CinematicFusion

Scherzer on 3 days rest went 7 innings, one run ball tonight. That’s encouraging.

fiersdownbelow and marks0223 like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm talking about the Astros lineup... I'd rather JV pitch. I'd rather not face Glasnow tomorrow. I'm confident the Astros lineup should do something vs. an opener and their bullpen.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He didn't actually start 3 days ago.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

there's certain posters that are pure idiots and i couldn't careless what they think. you just saw some of them.

11. rugg31

rugg31 Member

If JV wants the ball then why wouldn’t you give it to him? He’s a lot more accomplished than many of the pitchers on the list of starting on three days rest.

Consider his last start was on an extra day of rest and in that start he was never really in a high leverage spot during his 100 pitches, I think he’ll come out firing.

Like mentioned, if the Rays beat Greinke, JV, and Cole in consecutive games then they earned the series win.

Hoping for a 2003 Josh Beckett performance! Asking too much? Ha

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  12. CinematicFusion

Well crap...

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He pitched in relief 2 days ago (Friday), 3 days after starting the wild card game last monday.

What does it all mean? Not a damn thing... Verlander will have his stuff, and the Rays will attempt to square it up. Adrenaline built in at this stage of the season.

If the Astros lose, it'll be because of their inability to put together consistently good AB's against non-starting pitchers. They've not done a great job of working counts, fouling off pitcher's pitches. A lot of early hacks (Springer) mixed with some uncharacteristic strikeouts (Bregman/Brantley today, 13 total).

14. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

None of these games are being televised. Makes me so mad. FS1 may be televising them to audiences in some parts of the country, but when the baseball game starts, my cable company immediately blocks FS1. (not for college football games, though) And, what was it, DISH? dropped FS1 so as not to broadcast these games. Why aren't they on a network? even TBS or regular FOX

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

primetime baseball tomorrow night it is

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

A certain poster has brought a certain je ne sais quoi of the garm to the Astros.

Houstunna likes this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yankees are having it real easy in the ALDS.....

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They've split the NLDS games on FS1 and TBS (with some on MLBN) for at least the last 4 years... with the LCS series split between FS1 and TBS, with some weekend LCS games on Fox.

Fox pays a good chunk of money for baseball rights, and they've invested a lot in a sports network that needs regular content. There are no NBA playoff games on network TV till the finals.

In the end, baseball is as local/regional a sport as it comes. Usually the markets tuning in are predominantly represented by the teams involved, with little "outside" interest until you get to the possible clinching games of a WS (or a series that starts to go longer with dramatic finishes).

YOLO likes this.
  19. fiersdownbelow

Ok you old bore keep on truckin then.

20. vonbock

vonbock Member

Game 4 makes me nervous. If we don't win this game, I think we lost the series. We flamed out last year due to the bats going quiet against the Red S ox. This year the bats have stayed quite the whole series. Springer is 0 for whatever. We will have Cole for game 5 but he knows he has to pitch a shutout the way this team is hitting. The Rays can have 1 lucky at bat and there goes the series in game 5 The Rays will have Snell, Morton combo ready to go which basically means 0 or 1 run for us.