1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Truly Stop Being a Fan If Morey Was Fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Oct 6, 2019.

?

Would You Stop Being a Fan?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m hoping an apology and backtrack of the tweet will be enough, but if it’s not, and Morey is let go, would u really no longer be a fan of the team? Be honest with yourself.

Space City and theimpossibles1 like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Yes undoubtedly. I'll stay a Harden fan but I will not support this organization.

3. Mr. Space City

No, but I won't be emotionally involved or expect anything in the future.

They would be Houston Dynamo status to me

#3 Mr. Space City, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    clutchdabear and BallSoHarden like this.
  4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It wouldn't be because Morey is fired, but it would be another indication that our owner's mission has little to do with winning and everything to do with the almighty $$$. It would be the biggest sign that our franchise is on a long downward trajectory for the next decade.

Stick with Morey, and we might actually get to see what a full on Presti-like rebuild would look like by about 2024. It should be glorious.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Easily yes

ElDobleK, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  6. lionaire

lionaire Member

It'd be unfair to the players so no. Will I stop going to games and buying merch while continuing to illegally stream the games and constantly **** talk Tilman on social media? Yes.

N8ioncyrus, whag00 and B-Bob like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i actually agree with the intent of morey's tweet. but i also believe he is drastically overrated as a GM. for sake of continuity for this season and the players, i don't want to see him fired. but it also wouldn't bother me all that much.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

I would drop the NBA.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Are we really debating this? We should all stand up for freedom against these Commie F##kfaces.

10. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

If you stop being a fan of the Rockets, you better also stop supporting the rest of the NBA as well. If it gets to that point (I don't think it will) it will mean that the rest of the NBA stood idly by and refused to have his back.

I honestly don't know how I'll react. I'll be pretty disgusted with both the Rockets and the rest of the NBA if it did come to Morey losing his job, especially in light of how the NBA has tried to market itself as the social justice league, and I think I'd probably be out.

clutchdabear, Gray_Jay, xaos and 2 others like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Yes, it's not lip service.
    It's not because I also support another NBA team.

I have already given up my main local beloved team once.

Ever since I was a little girl I supported it. For more than 20 years.
    Gave it up because the new owner was a drug addicted hooligan who incited violence.

If you cross my principles , and the moral bottom line it's impossible to show support anymore.

Let alone the Rockets, depending on Silver's response I may give up on the Bucks and the NBA as the whole at this point.

And you know that I have woken up many nights at 3 am to watch NBA games.

But if the league is made of **** then I have no interest.

I will switch to following another sport completely if it comes down to it.

12. bmd

bmd Member

I would still probably be a fan of the team, but I would not be spending any money on the team until the day there is a new owner. Firing one of the best GM's in the league who has been with the team for more than a decade to appease the Chinese would be absolutely horrific and I could never support an owner who would do that.

Now, if Tilman sticks by his GM and tells anyone who doesn't like it to shove it, I would roll with him for life. Tilman seems like he doesn't take crap from anyone. If that's truly who he is, he will stick by his guy and not bow down to anyone. This is his team and he calls the shots. Not the Chinese government.

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So what if the NBA takes a stand and refuse to do anything,

will you start a riot in China?

Or maybe at least at China town?

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If Morey is fired not only I'll stop rooting for the rockets but I will heavely root against them.

Bobby Jackson Rules likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nope, will continue to watch, b****, moan, complain, live, die with every game. :)

Not gonna stop watching because of an owner, GM, coach, player or even their corrupt refs (although I did say I'd quit watching when they hired D'Antoni...didn't happen. ;))

Here before Tilman, Daryl, Harden, here with Tilman Daryl, Harden and God willing still here after they're gone/retired.

Now if the Rockets ever leave Houston, then **** 'em. They're dead.

jcf, hibbetts, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

A Morey firing would drop The Rockets to Texans’ level expectations. Which is essentially mediocrity and a general sense of WTF are they doing. I wouldn’t boycott the team but my interest level would wane. I can’t begin to understand the thought process that underrates his success as GM of this team. He’s easily in the conversation as best in the business.

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No but It would solidify my opinion that Tilman is a terrible owner . And I will give him 0 credit for anything good that happens for a while.

I can root for a team in spite of an owner

18. jayfree

jayfree Member

I wouldn't stop watching the Rockets no more than if my own kid was jailed for slapping the President in the face. You don't pick and choose your team to root for- it picks you through thick and thin.

What Morey said was not smart based upon the circumstances involved and how much China effects the entire NBA as a league. Honestly, if some American backed sports team in Europe decided to incite the BLM movement I bet they would lose American sponsors immediately.

However, China is overreacting and being just as stupid but this is more than one GM tweeting something about another country, this is about the fallout China has had with the US for some time now and then given ammunition. It's like being blamed by your mom for something you didn't do and turn around and call her a 'B*tch. Suddenly, you just escalated the argument to being your fault and the original reason is no longer valid.

With that said, a simple apology by Morey is not that big of a deal. He doesn't have to say he was wrong only that he misconstrued how volatile the situation is. It doesn't mean that our Freedom of Speech is in jeopardy, it just means that he made a mistake by allowing a few moments lapse in judgement cause so much craziness.

clutchdabear and jcf like this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

if Morey gets canned then it’s a definitive sign that this organization is going into the shitter. I can’t wait for Tilman to hire Colangelo or Billy King to be the next GM. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Grunfeld.

clutchdabear, Gray_Jay and malakas like this.
  20. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

GM they come and go , but if he will bee fired over this, this will definitely will change my views with NBA. 1988 NBA team helped to bring one player out from USSR (Marciulionis), same commie power house, and in 2019 same NBA trying to fire own GM for having American values of life. Times have change ,but in my family life commies regimes left deep scarves, so as descent human being will stand by Daryl. So yea will be done with entire NBA .

clutchdabear, Gray_Jay and malakas like this.