1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine scandal Megathread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Simple question - if the report is true and Trump did withheld fund package while making requests of a foreign government to investigate his political opponent, should he be impeached?

DaDakota likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

If it’s an impeachable offense sure. What should happen to Obama when it’s proven he used foreign intel to spy on Trump? How about the Bidens? B-bob went silent when I asked him.

cml750 likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know the answer you’re going to get. It won’t be yes or no.

Look... Mick, Dasch, Bobby, etc see the world differently. They see him extorting Ukraine and they don’t think... gee that’s bad... they think ... it’s about time “I” had a president who is willing to do anything to beat the Dems who are going to turn my kids gay, make me sell my truck for an electric scooter, and make me go see Rent on Saturday instead of college football.

They enjoy Trumps lawlessness because they are so scared of their own world outside of their control and losing their privilege they are willing and able to root Trump on to the security blanket they crave that lets them sleep at night.

No Worries, DaDakota and RayRay10 like this.
  4. Amiga

Supporting Member

You know people will have different opinion. You know that the House, if they decided to go forward, would likely likely impeach him. You know that the senate would likely not. Outside of politic, outside of those in power making decision to protect or not protect the POTUS, I'm asking for your position. Should he be impeached if the report is true? I absolutely think he should, but I know it won't happen. What about you?

If Obama uses the office of the Presidency to make request to foreign government to investigate Trump as he's running for President, that's a high crime and he should face the full consequences of that. If he was president, he should be impeached.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

If it’s clear cut I’m not giving you the aid unless you do this for me then yeah I would say that’s abusing his power for political gain but I doubt that’s the case, we will see. If it’s not the case will you not join the running around with their hair on fire crowd just because the lying media tells you to next time? and trust me there will be several next times.

#125 mick fry, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    cml750 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

If it’s illegal then whoever committed the crime should be indicted.

However in your case you would need to also indict a federal judge and Rod Rosenstein who signed off on the continued FISA surveillance of Carter Page... a man who said himself in his own words that he’s an adviser to the Kremlin. If that’s what it comes down to, fine, but at least realize the reality of the situation and stop focusing on just Obama. You know enough to know the case and who is really in the crosshairs of litigation.

Your whataboutism is so freaking weak though dude. Just be honest please. You don’t give a rats ass and you actually like that Trump is willing to extort Ukraine in order to help keep another Democrat from messing with your little life. Just admit you don’t give a crap. I’ll respect you much much more.

7. dobro1229

I also want to note right now that it will be impossible to indict Trump even when out of office.

Mick Frye’s are in this country and at least one would always be present in a jury pool. No way the next AG takes that chance at a sh$t show trial with the antics the right would play.

The ultimate repudiation for Trump is for him to be sitting lonely and ignored in Trump Tower. Nobody returning his calls. A stack of bills left unpaid. The IRS sending letter after letter. Him being boo’ed when he shows up to a Knicks game. That’s the Justice he deserves.

For Trump fans, I hope everyone one of them is blessed with their daughter dating a black guy, and living next to a gay couple who become your best friends. I want you guys to know I seriously feel sorry for you guys and hope you find happiness in your life. Life as a Trumper is miserable... I know because I know you guys. Let it go and let’s get society working again. It’s 2019 people.

8. Amiga

Supporting Member

I know you left your self some wiggle room there, but thumb up for an answer.

For me, there doesn't need to be a holding of funding package. Just requesting a foreign government to get dirt/investigate (whatever you want to call it) on your political opponent is crossing the line. It is a clear impeachable offense.

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

You want the outrage thread, oh and please seek help not for me but for yourself because I’m not the one miserable. Just look at that rant you just made lol. How about my daughter living next door dating a black lesbian? Seriously though man get you some help.

cml750 likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

And you didn’t answer my question lol.
    Now you’re hedging your bet by saying just asking a foreign government to look into a situation that they are more likely to have more information about is impeachable.

11. dobro1229

Yell at me all you want. If you want to direct your anger in life at “libs” have at it. I come from your world. I see it every day and i genuinely feel sorry for you man. These past 10 years have been a slap upside your head and it’s an internal struggle.

It’s 2019 though bro. Trump is a drug you take to make you feel this empowerment in life you are missing. Talk crap to me and call me names is you want, but in the end, it’s an internal war you are fighting. I hope you come out of it sooner rather than later and come back to reality.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Are you drinking? I’m gonna leave you alone now and let you find your safe place for the night. :oops:

cml750 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

Trump is no accident folks. In times of insecurity with a generation in every society with such a divide there is nothing more cathartic than someone yelling at a podium saying “I will be your king... I alone will hurt those who you feel hurt you in life.”

I think we need to stop debating folks like Mick etc and start telling them to let it go... let go of that anger and toxicity that got them to the point where they can no longer tell up from down or black from white. Right from wrong. Illegal or legal. Debate and reason just won’t work anymore. Come back to planet earth and let’s talk to each other like normal human beings again.

14. dobro1229

Actually no. I did go see a movie though if you are wondering about my personal schedule. Ad Astra... pretty decent. Go check it out.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

No, no, no. It is Santa Claus and the Martians who are behind it all. Get your facts straight.

dobro1229 likes this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

If you say the media is lying then why doesn’t trump want the whistler blower information given to the co equal branch of government??

17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

People debating Mick Fry and his ilk - stop trying to import reason into the discussion. They either don’t have the ability to tell right from wrong, or they can tell the difference but obfuscate and argue because their hatred of people who are not like minded justifies (in their minds) it. The intellectual dishonesty is a requirement.

18. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Thank you for clarifying. Honestly, this is the first thing you’ve posted in a while that was a reasonable reply (to me).....yes, you believe the act is potentially impeachable but, no, you don’t believe he did it. Cool.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What he is not telling you is that whatever story trump makes up to defend himself, micky french fry will defend to death - in other words he has already decided against impeachment because he will not trust any evidence against trump

20. Amiga

Supporting Member

I did already. Just asking a foreign gov for dirt on your political opponent is crossing the line.

My reasoning for that stance is simple. The POTUS doesn’t have to clearly spell out that your funding (in this particular case) will be withheld when he’s asking for a favor concerning getting dirt on your political opponent. I mean, you could be really dense and not get the message.