1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deshaun the Great

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Colt45, Sep 10, 2017.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wrong. Watson has saved (or at least tried to save)this team many times. Including yesterday. That draft was the best for getting a QB in recent years. We were extremely lucky to get him. No matter what the cost.

Von Rafer, Rudyc281, xaos and 5 others like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not true, fuller dropped a ball that hit him right in his hands. Duke Johnson stopped on his route if he continued running it would have been a TD.

Texanstradamus and Fulgore like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

One quibble: the pass didn't hit Fuller in the hands, it went right through them and bounced off his chest as he was falling backwards.

4. Texanstradamus

Im expecting a Bounce back game vs the chargers

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Please don’t start this lol. We’re also a couple inches away from 0-2. And people have done this for years. What if x,y,z happened?? They’d be undefeated!!!!

We know what they are. They’re the same team they’ve been almost every year of O’Brien’s tenure. They have a decent enough chance of making the playoffs as a wild card. Then they’ll lose in round 1/2 of the playoffs. McNairs will pocket shitloads of cash. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Nook, csj, mick fry and 1 other person like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Mahomes true but Prescott is very meh, game managery and I'm not convinced on Jackson yet. He played the Fins and the Cardinals, not exactly juggernauts.

Rudyc281 and Rock Block like this.
  8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lamar Jackson?

Really?

I like the kid he seems like a good dude and I hope he continues this but cmon he’s played the two worst teams in football and the dolphins maybe being the worst team I’ve ever seen in my life.

I get Dak and Mahomes obviously they both are playoff tested QBs.

But Lamar and Mayfield over Watson?

Give me a break.

Watson is the most overlooked player in the nfl.

He has a winning record and playoff birth in 2 seasons. He’s passed for over 6k yards and 48 tds and 9 rushing TDs in 25 games. Only been done by 2 other HOF QBs in the history of the game. (Mahomes will
    Join the club soon)

Guy is a stud he’s just young and still learning but man he is never in anyone’s top young QBs.

Crazy

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Watson being overlooked, due to his mediocre coach and oline holding him back from offensive greatness.

Rn Watson is known as the guy getting sht on by defense the most (sacks).

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Baker? Lol

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

A very good read about the balance of the blame of the hits Deshaun is getting. A MUST READ. Good comps with Rodgers and Wilson.

Some highlights:

12. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Great Read!!!

Only read the highlighted parts you copied so far but the main points I take away are that we're not doing the things we can do to help mitigate DW getting hit so much and also that even the most basic things OL do we STILL suck at (picking up stunts, passing off blitzers)! At some point this HAS to find it's way to the feet of Obie/Devlin!

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Remember the Deshaun vs Mahomes was going to be Brady vs Manning for years to come?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I know these two match up each this week

Week 6 is going to be fun!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Read the whole article. That's... not really the big takeaway.

The primary point, honestly, is that a QB that moves as much as Watson is *very* difficult to protect, especially an *inexperienced* one who doesn't always correctly read the defense and hasn't yet mastered tiny tips and tricks to move so that he actually *helps* his OL.

They specifically highlight the sack Tunsil gave up in week 1 (where the Saints' DL jumped the snap (and was probably offsides)) - they discuss how because he got such a huge a jump, all Tunsil could do was push the defender presumably away from the QB, which, ordinarily, might've been enough. But Watson had taken such a deep drop, Tunsil's push wound up putting the defender right in Watson's lap.

It stumbles a bit early and reads like someone reading stats and not watching games - but it's a fascinating look into how difficult this is and spreads the blame around equally.

Getting back to the big takeaway: this is not a uniquely Texan/BO'B/Devlin problem - Seattle has struggled; the Packers have struggled... It's a really great read.

#1214 Hey Now!, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    TheFreak likes this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This guy would rather have Hoyer or Osweiler be the QB. Yikes.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lamar Jackson is the most overrated QB in the NFL. He’s had 2 good games passing in the nfl. It will fall quickly.

mario_v, red5rocket and Rock Block like this.
  17. conquistador#11

It seems like 10 years ago Watson ignited a comeback against the saints. Goes to show that the NFL is the greatest what have you done for me in the 10 minutes league.

18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Yea I dont get Jackson either. NO EXPERT called this with Jackson and for f*cks sake he's played two HORRIBLE defenses/teams, PUMP the brakes.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member