1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston vs Tulane

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Sep 18, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tulane was favored by 5
    Vegas knows

Fulgore likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Coogs getting their flop on with this one... Smh

3. Poloshirtbandit

Defense is no bueno.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is going to be a long season. The defense was gassed and played their hearts out so I hate to criticize them. BUT, tackling is part of football and you got to do it or you look silly being carried for five to ten yards on every running play. I don't think this team is even going to break even this year. At least we won't be in one of those meaningless garbage bowls.

Rock Block likes this.
  5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

You schedule 4 games in 19 days (when it's hottest outside) because you get to play on ABC/ESPN three times and you go 0-3 on national tv, including an embarrassing loss to Tulane. Look at the second halves of the last three games. Whoever made this schedule really ****ed up and it's the players who will take all the heat because of it.

King1, Houstunna and YOLO like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup pretty brutal schedule to start off for sure and its not like they have the depth to even help make up for it

7. Aware

Aware Member

trash lol.

good thing we're good at basketball again cause this is going to be a long ****ing season

Tomstro and Fulgore like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Did people really expect someone to turn a sad football program around within half a season?

I'm not excusing this game or anything, but as an outside observer...whatcha want?

YOLO likes this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Looking at the rest of our schedule I only see 3 or 4 games that are winnable based on what I have seen so far this year. And I am not sure any of them will be easy. Not with our lack of depth and conditioning. Especially on defense. I really do hope and expect the team to turn it around. There is a lot of blame to go around for tonight's loss. I don't think our kicker is going to be the AAC player of the week this week.

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

LOL. Maybe it wasn't all Major's fault? Losing Tulane was probably not what was anticipated when they hired Holgerson.

Fulgore likes this.
  11. Aware

Aware Member

uconn is the only sure thing on the schedule,maybe.
    ucf and memphis could get ugly.

much respect to king because he's taken some beatings in his career. he's not the qb that ward was but he's a much more dynamic athlete. i hope he gets a shot as a receiver at the next level.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Screenshot_20190919-235635_Google.jpg

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Last years 8 wins are misleading because we played such a **** schedule. This team has no depth and 4th rated AAC talent because of poor recruiting by the prior staff. Its going to take 2-3 years to get this fixed.

YOLO likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

Yes, Tilman told us to expect a turnaround so that's what we expected. But when they allowed 17 points to prairie view I wrote the season off

Fulgore likes this.
  15. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

After watching this stellar 2nd half meltdown, I will continue to watch the UH games and hope we can somehow piece together 5 more wins. At this point I don't expect much but would consider it a moral victory for Holgerson to get this team to a bowl game. I still don't understand why we are playing like **** in the 2nd half of games unless our players are tired and out of shape. If that can be fixed I think we can get to the 6 win level. If not we need one heck of a recruiting effort to get our team back to where they were during the happy days of Tom Herman. I can't help but think if he was still our coach he could have motivated this team to come out in the 2nd half of games and put forth a much better effort than what we have seen so far this year under the new regime.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess it’s that difficult for those to realize it’s a process. And not an overnight thing. Holgerson has already said this on numerous occasions. This isn’t getting fixed overnight. Some of you just had unrealistic expectations.

Rock Block likes this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is not a good team.

But --- you can't lose to Tulane. You just can't. I don't care how big a dump Applewhite left in the punch bowl.

Poloshirtbandit and Tomstro like this.
  18. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

ha, I agree, screw the Poulan Weed Eater Bowl.

I dont know if alot of others caught it but when Dana got here he had made comments to the level of intensity of the practices. He seemed to insinuate some softness on the players part. It takes a while but I think we'll be fine when he gets his recruits in with his style.

19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I just watched the highlights. Ouch. That one has to hurt. Holgorsen is a good coach, though. UH's program will get better.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup it was obvious from day 1 that this was an entirely different locker room culture and group of guys hes used to. that isn't getting fixed in year 1

Rock Block likes this.