1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Would not. Brees gives you a way better insurance policy behind baker who is still unproven btw. I would be starting brees over baker until actual play tells me other wise tbh. Waller as a te which is always the weakest position who is also an unknown isnt worth the risk. If you can afford an end of bench spot just to see what happens sure, but I’m not giving up brees for him who will surely help another owner whose qb is struggling or hurt

Astrodome likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Finished drafting all 10 teams tuesday night. Same 10 leagues as last year that i have explained before.

Highlights: had 2 drafts sunday night as i played a poker tournament. Won the 40 man poker tournament! Teams look ok.

Had a draft each of the last two tuesdays during softball games. Feel pretty good about the teams. Set my queue as i took the field and ran in after each inning to see results. Mainly got my guys.

Live draft Aug 24th: went to bombshells the night before and talked our waitress into coming over the next day and placing the stickers. Good time. I love auction drafts.

Early players i avoided:
    Antonio Brown (thank goodness)
    Kamara ( took CMC and saquon in my only 4 opportunities)
    Mixon and dalvin
    Chubb (drafted once and traded for ertz, ingram, and guice soon after)
    Leveon
    David johnson (would have taken him around 10 but he was never there)
    Zeke
    Juju

Players i loaded up on:
    Saquon (2 shares, he fell to me at 1.02 in one league)
    CMC (3 shares)
    Davante A ( 3 shares. Bad start but feel good about him)
    Evans and keenan (this combo seem to always be there at the 2nd/3rd turn after after an early first round pick)
    Devanta Freeman ( felt good getting him late 3rd or early 4th)
    Golladay (took him in 5th every chance i got)
    Melvin gordon ( everytime he was available after rd 6. Might regret but reward was too high to pass up there)
    Lockett and carson (about 4 shares each)
    Ingram and Guice (fingers crossed)
    Gurley (only 2 shares but probably should have got more in the earlier drafts)

1 share, wish i had more:
    Hopkins
    Julio

Mostly waited on TEs except 1 share each on:
    Kelce
    Kittle
    Ertz

Mostly waited on QBs but have 1 share of:
    Mahomes and watson

QBs and TEs that i drafted late:
    Hooper
    Waller
    Burton
    Winston
    L. Jackson
    Rivers

Drafted a bunch of the same later round handcuff guys like henderson, penny, and ekeler in multiple leagues.

It was fun couple of weeks. Hopefully can make the playoffs in 8 of 10 like last year then anything can happen at that point. Good luck to everyone!

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

for AB owners needing to save a slot for him

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks... keeping Brees, in fact, starting him vs HOU instead of Mayfield. Still looking at Waller though, would dropping Golden Tate (I grabbed earlier this week) and adding Waller make more sense? My starting WRs are Thielen, Landry and my bench WRs and my Bench WRs are Tate and Metcalf.

5. NewRoxFan

Wow... and I thought having five teams was a lot. Sounds intense but fun. Good luck!

Astrodome likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

how bad do you need a TE? how many slots for starting wr's in your league

7. NewRoxFan

12 team league, Two starting RBs, two starting WRs, two Flex, one TE. Here's my lineup: Brees, CMC, Kerryon, Thielen, Landry, Njoku, Michel, Lindsey, Gostkoowski, LAC. Bench: Mayfield, Guice, Metcalf, Ty Montgomery, Golden Tate (suspension until week 5). As usual, more WRs on waivers: Albert Wilson, Parker, Funchess, Humphreys, Beasley, Cobb, Deebo, Boykin, Chark etc.

Figure Waller (vs DEN) has a better matchup than Njoku (vs TEN). And if Waller blows up I might be able to use him in a trade. But if you think Njoku is better or "good enough" I can hold tight. Thanks!!

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

as of now it doesn't seem like waller's value is as good as a day ago bc AB is now going to play per Gruden. I'd sit tight if that was my team.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Same guy came at me with another big trade. His David Johnson and either Court and Sutton or Michael Gallup for my Brandon Cook and James White. 16 team PPR, Id have Hopkins, Kirk, Sutton/Gallup at WR and DJ, Fournette at RB. I've been a bit leery of DJ and I wouldn't have a true WR2 anymore. But I'd gain a RB1. One other concern, I'd have Murray, DJ, and Kirk from ARI. Thoughts?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I took your advice and kept Mattison, dropping the WR from the bears. Good call he had zero catches lol. I now have Mattison, Josh Jacobs, justice hill, Devin Singletary, and Miles Sanders. Which is my only team, and it's with 14 teams. I have never had this many rookies or even close to it.

Hopefully Christian McCaffrey and 5 rookie RB's works.

BaselineFade likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

All the premature hype on Baker and yesterday's game is a perfect example of why you dont give up brees :) @NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

Thanks... started Brees. Unfortunately Jameis, Cam, Michel, Aaron Jones, Kerryon, Conner, Adams, JuJu, Brandin Cooks, and LAC all happened.

[​IMG]

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Good call on Jackson.

I now have Jackson, Rodgers, and Brady. Brady was still available on the waiver wire in this same 10 team league. Brady stock just rose even more with the Brown addition.

Tyreke Hill (My WR1) is out and i need a receiver (no good depth), and i would like to add an RB2 at least. Who should I trade?

I'm leaning towards offering up Rodgers, mainly because of the stout defenses and secondaries in the NFC north.

Anyone suggestions?

14. NewRoxFan

Someone in a league I am in already sent out feelers for moving Rodgers. Since I have Adams and Jones in a different league I am hoping it was just a combination of TNF, no preseason work and a tough CHI defense.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a knock on Rodgers, but i think with AB,and when this Harry kid comes back along with Edelman and and what seems to be a matured Josh Gordon, they easily have the the most talented receiving core in the league. I just think Brady will have more production this year. I don't know how anyone can defend them. I'm not 100% sold on L Jackson just yet, but as a QB2 I can live with that.

16. NewRoxFan

Um... hoping you didn't speak too soon.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh? baker was absolutely terrible

18. NewRoxFan

Brees has 5.4 pts at the half. :oops:

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean id much rather have brees than sorry baker who still has done nothing to this point lol

NewRoxFan likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

LOL... just teasing you. Brees has a TD but its frustrating seeing Peyton being cute with the TE/QB...