1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 12, 2019.

1. conquistador#11

I like Kevin Bacon but I hate footloose
    love it when our relievers give up grand slams in the summer. in the summer.

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Cole is going to be fine. Today was a win.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

because of their papa slam promotion

4. SemisolidSnake

Looks like I lucked out spending my day assembling a ghetto chemistry lab at work with supplies from Walmart instead of being by my computer checking in on this. (FYI, it's stupidly hard to find places in Houston that will sell you proper lab glassware face-to-face. Except for Grainger if you want to pay out the butt. This most asinine of laws ever may be part of it.)

There appear to be a lot of big numbers in our batting box score. Glad guys are getting hits. Unfortunately two big numbers I see are Team LOB = 10 and Team RISP = 5-for-14. I also notice that Miley only had 3 ER out of 7 runs allowed. And we lost by exactly 4. Looks like he caused some of those himself with his D.

Ugly start to a long stretch of games with no rest. Not that 3 games over 25 hours is exactly great for a team. Hopefully, they can sleep it off by tomorrow.

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Elvis Presley doesn't make a worse 0-2 pitch...and yes, I know the last names are spelled differently.LOL.

Buck Turgidson and Nick like this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My bad. Does the person running the MLB twitter feed have a favorite team? It's weird because I thought the MLB was supposed to be a neutral entity in all this. I guess they are and just like to rib?

7. theimpossibles1

Absolutely MINDBLOWN that in a game where we fought our asses off to come back, with bases loaded and an 0-2 count, Pressly would throw the meatiest meatball ever.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Should be 5-1 except for Roberta "Can't Be Too Far Ahead" Osuna & "Down Broadway" Pressly. Now, do we have a reliever who can come in and have a shutdown inning ?

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Less than every other Astros starter on a per pitch basis this year. Correa's problem if anything is taking fastballs in the zone behind in the count, but that is mostly out of surprise in a small sample. It is not smart to throw Correa fastballs in the zone when he's behind in the count.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This has been a rough few days...
    Are our "closers' sucking ass because Strom is in the hospital?

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yes, let's go with that

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Nah, just went and looked at the cows and the deer and picked the garden.

I will admit here and now: I have never seen "Footloose".

13. SemisolidSnake

This year, teams have won 66 out of 1606 games, or 4.1% of the time, when losing entering the 9th inning. (source)

Appended edit: Use this link to sort by team and year. The Yankees and Dodgers have each 10% of their games in this situation. Astros 0%.

14. Buck Turgidson

Scott ****ing Podsednik is there to pick him up.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That fat cheeseball that Pressly threw to McCann today looked an awful lot like the fat cheeseball that Lidge threw Pods in the WS. **** THE WHITE SOX!

16. Buck Turgidson

I love Geoff Blum, but I ****ing hate Geoff Blum because of that. That was his only AB in that series.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I still have nightmares of Morgan Ensberg staring into the depths of hell while strike 3 would blow past him over the heart of the plate.

[​IMG]

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

This series stunk. Better now than in October. Moving on.

19. Buck Turgidson

Him blowing out his shoulder that year is one of the worst things that has ever happened to the Stros.

Carlos Hernandez...Biggio getting his knee blown up...Bagwell's HBP hands....Cedeno going insane...JR Richard's stroke...

20. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Not gonna lie my gut knee jerk way over dramatic drama-filled reaction was SEASON OVER!!!!